ED REED COS: Brilliantly executed chess moves....

My only issue with any of this is the lack of experience we are getting from our COS.

Coaching experience
Management experience
Recruiting experience
Personnel experience

Yea he is the GOAT but how does that translate to the product we put on the field.

Advertisement
Welp...

You cannot deny the PR that this produced. People have already forgotten last year (some live in this bubble) and are proclaiming Miami national champs of the off season again.

Time to update Wikipedia

Manny Diaz National Championships
Off seasons 2

Shhhh don't talk about FIU.

Yes. The website to renew season tickets was hit so hard it went down for a few hours today. They put posts up all over social media to call to renew....

Timing is everything....

Advertisement
I will say this...

This is DEFINITELY a PR move. They felt Zo wanted too much power and was too much of an alpha for the beta in charge.
But after watching the reUnion show, I think what ppl fail to realize is that, even though this is a PR move to save the ppl in charge asses and to appease us fans.... Ed is a real ALPHA who will NOT accept mediocrity or failure, whether Mandy and Flake lasts here or not.
They may have stumbled across someone who may have been just as an alpha as Zo who will challenge them to make the right moves. Or maybe this doesn't work out or maybe they accidentally caught a lightning rod in a bottle.
Who knows, no one knows what a day may bring forth, so I hope this works out for ER20's sake.

You’re overestimating the intelligence of Blake James and Manny Diaz.

I highly doubt they intentionally staggered things like that.

Even a mental midget could connect the dots on making this announcement Super Bowl week in Miami with a bunch of former legends—Reed included—back in town. Let's not act like this was some next-level strategizing.

I will say this...

This is DEFINITELY a PR move. They felt Zo wanted too much power and was too much of an alpha for the beta in charge.
But after watching the reUnion show, I think what ppl fail to realize is that, even though this is a PR move to save the ppl in charge asses and to appease us fans.... Ed is a real ALPHA who will NOT accept mediocrity or failure, whether Mandy and Flake lasts here or not.
They may have stumbled across someone who may have been just as an alpha as Zo who will challenge them to make the right moves. Or maybe this doesn't work out or maybe they accidentally caught a lightning rod in a bottle.
Who knows, no one knows what a day may bring forth, so I hope this works out for ER20's sake.

You can't get it both ways.

Everyone saying this is a PR move is also to the first to say James, Diaz, BoT and UM's athletic department as a whole, couldn't care less about public perception. If that's the case, then what the **** would UM care about PR and appeasing the fan base with this hire?

Ed Reed is as much an alpha as Alonzo Highsmith, which kills this alpha-versus-beta argument going around (one that I bought into weeks back, but no longer buy after this hire.)

Fact remains, Highsmith is a NFL veteran and there is no comparable GM-type position at the collegiate level. You can't bring in a guy like Zo and put him in a position on par power-structure-wise as a head coach—but you also don't disrespect the man and put him underneath Diaz, either—as his resume is too strong. In short, he was overqualified for the position and there was literally no way to make something like that work.

Reed is the perfect up-and-comer type—one that commanded the respect of his peers when playing at Miami, one that was a leader in the NFL and one who has proven that he wants to coach / work in football in some capacity.

Perfect place for him to really cut his teeth regarding this next phase of his career—and everything he's saying / identifying as part of the problem is the same type of stuff Highsmith was saying when sitting in with Romberg weeks back and talking about what he'd do player-evaluation-wise, motivation-wise, etc.

The national media is in tizzy over the ER hire....

None of them are talking about LSU's off season moves.

Get it Vern?

we made the ESPN ticker? oh we back. The thing you don’t get is offseason moves and media coverage don’t mean **** when you can’t produce wins. so far we are the jets of college football

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
great minds think alike
I’m ready if they want to battle. I figure their fight would go something like this:

6E48B811-8385-4DE2-AE04-AB8580776B64.gif

Advertisement
facts. Are we not supposed to have a good off-season? I’m confused by the hate. Manny not sitting around playing the waiting game. He making moves. For that, manny deserves support for another year at the least.
This is what most do around here, ***** and complain about every move the coaches make. They can't do anything right. I can't wait for the first complaint about the "Uptempo Spread Brohhhh"

SO KEY:

“What I do want it to do is resonate throughout the locker room…The self-entitled players are what I’m concerned about,” Romberg said. “Are they aware of what just happened? Are they aware of who Ed is and what he is about to tell these young men to make them successful? And will they do it?”

Advertisement
Back