ED REED COS: Brilliantly executed chess moves....

Advertisement
54B30DDD-2ADE-4F86-A8D5-9E82CA18C156.jpeg

how do you not think he's qualified? He's won more than a national championship

That dude is a hall of famer, super bowl champ, defense MVP, and one if not the best safety to play the game. He knows more about winning than anyone on our staff. He might not be able to make decisions but he can sure tell you what the problems are and watch you fix it or fail.

First off, this is a made up position...He is basically coming in because we have a weak AD and made a bad coaching hire...You are hiring someone to do what Diaz should be able to do as HC.

And yeah nothing, including Super Bowl rings, gives me any faith Ed Reed can build a CFB program. Why would it? Not all great players make good coaches, you do know that? So why is some kind of lock to succeed with this PR Stunt "Chief of Staff" nonsense.

Hope I'm wrong, I'm rooting for him...Probably my favorite Cane ever.

Advertisement
“Miami “fans kill me and be mad about everything or try to doubt stuff when they see other Miami fans happy

I'm def not mad...Nor do I give a two f***s about some other Miami fan. I'm just skeptical about the move that's all, I don't think it's some miracle hire, and the fact this goofy position is even needed means you made an awful HC hire. HC should be doing all that this position description entails.

Don’t you think that’s annoying, we went 6-7 ok everyone gets that. We can’t be excited for getting reed back, lashlee and king amongst other things? The fall football Season Don’t start for another 8 months, we are making most of the necessary steps to have a successful season. What I want To see now is a good receiver hire that’s a recruiter as well and for Diaz to take over playcalling because I still Think baker is a sh*tty coach and was absolutely not what Diaz defense has shown its been big on since being at Miami,(being aggressive but limiting big plays)
@RVACane. Our boy is fighting. Only thing is it's not ms. Prissy pants...

First off, this is a made up position...He is basically coming in because we have a weak AD and made a bad coaching hire...You are hiring someone to do what Diaz should be able to do as HC.

And yeah nothing, including Super Bowl rings, gives me any faith Ed Reed can build a CFB program. Why would it? Not all great players make good coaches, you do know that? So why is some kind of lock to succeed with this PR Stunt "Chief of Staff" nonsense.

Hope I'm wrong, I'm rooting for him...Probably my favorite Cane ever.
He’s not being brought in to build a CFB program. He’s being brought in for photo ops and to take the heat off of Manny and Blake.

Advertisement
Here's the thing spinning in my head. Ed has clout, pallets of money, and all the accolades one can possibly imagine in his profession. He is a sought after commodity and has no reason to sign up for a "yes man" gig. He isn't a Darrell Strawberry or a Mike Tyson looking for a come-up after squandering a fortune....

While on the surface this has the looks of a PR grab, I have to wonder what incentive ER has for agreeing to it? 150-200k a year? If that. I mean, unless ER is broke and we dont know about it, he has no incentive to take a position that doesn't suit him. I guess we have to let it play out, but this is what I'm kicking around in my head

Advertisement
Here's the thing spinning in my head. Ed has clout, pallets of money, and all the accolades one can possibly imagine in his profession. He is a sought after commodity and has no reason to sign up for a "yes man" gig. He isn't a Darrell Strawberry or a Mike Tyson looking for a come-up after squandering a fortune....

While on the surface this has the looks of a PR grab, I have to wonder what incentive ER has for agreeing to it? 150-200k a year? If that. I mean, unless ER is broke and we dont know about it, he has no incentive to take a position that doesn't suit him. I guess we have to let it play out, but this is what I'm kicking around in my head
Because he loves Miami, did you not see him speaking about what the program needed at the reunion show? He knows what’s Broken and he’s going to try and help get it fixed

Interested to see what yacht they roll up in this year.

I mean I hope so, we could use some...Again I'm rooting, I just am in wait and see mode. I think it's a goofy *** position, and no idea if he will do it will.

don't get caught up in the title, bro. He's the assistant head coach without emasculating Manny. They want Ed Reed juice all over Greentree and the Hect.

Advertisement
I'm glad Reed will be in the building. His voice is needed. But I struggle to imagine that his role will give him the ability to cure the culture and player development problems we have.

Even after reading the press release, there are a lot of questions. Manny did not want Highsmith in the building, will take Ed's advice on prioritizing certain recruits over others? Will he have a vote on offer/no offer to fringe recruits? Benching players who aren't performing? What side will Manny take if Ed butts heads with Banda over coaching? Will Ed be assertive in his role? Will Manny take his game planning advice?

*sigh*

Off season victory and back to wait and see mode again.

So, it’s a bad move unless ER can solve all the problems?

Try harder to think it through, please.

don't get caught up in the title, bro. He's the assistant head coach without emasculating Manny. They want Ed Reed juice all over Greentree and the Hect.
In addition to that look at all the wisdom, mentoring, going over film, on campus recruiting, teaching players how to be leaders and a host of other things he’s going to do. Ed Reed is one of the most intelligent football minds and best leaders EVER, he knows what he’s doing

They have tricked me for years man no more. I see right through them.....let's see how they tie reeds hands and turn fans against him. Why couldn't Alonzo get a job but Reed could? Makes u wonder man.....talk is talk names are names. Get the elite kids and win....until that happens all this **** is a PR stunt to slurp Manny cause they know alot of the fan base has woken up.

Bro all you do is cry

Ya again, I don't think it's some kind of a lock to workout...I have no idea that Ed Reed can "coach" a **** lick. Gonna root like **** though.

Advertisement
Back