Ed Reed - Chief of Staff possible candidate?

Ed should be an analyst making $50-100k being groomed for an on field position.
Ed Reed coached CB’s in the NFL. Why would he ever be a college analyst? Groomed to be what... a CB coach? Is everyone crazy? He could coach LB’s, S’s, CB’s and ST’s here and be better than anyone we have. It’s not really up for debate. SMH

Advertisement
He would NEVER do it.
I’d be embarrassed if he was reading this thread 🤦‍♂️ maybe Payton Manning could come here as an analyst and work his way up to quarterback coach? Fantastic idea. Does anyone understand the difference between HC, OC, DC and position coach and the responsibilities associated with that on average? Maybe that needs to be laid out in a new thread or article. What do they do? I read all the time about “do we know this kid plays CB at St. Thomas? Have we offered? A recruiting coordinator finds the kids, prepares a dossier and presents it to the position coach and the DC. It goes from there. The recruiting coordinator doesn’t get to decide who gets offered. So.... it’s not Cooney’s fault if we don’t talk to a recruit that everyone knows we should be on. SMH

Last edited:
Ed Reed coached CB’s in the NFL. Why would he ever be a college analyst? Groomed to be what... a CB coach? Is everyone crazy? He could coach LB’s, S’s, CB’s and ST’s here and be better than anyone we have. It’s not really up for debate. SMH

Personally, I think Ed Reed is the type who can come in and Coach well right away, but he only has one year experience as an assistant dB coach in the league.

I think his name, credibility, and personality would pull in recruits. I try not to assume just because a guy was a great player that he would be a good coach.

His inexperience can be used as an excuse to say know. An analyst position is a way to get him in the building that makes any objection silly.

Advertisement
You all talk about Ed coming here to coach when he's said numerous times he wouldn't unless they pay him what he wants. I'm a giant Ed Reed supporter but fact is if Ed wanted to be at Miami he would be.

He's said recently on a live that it's the reason he has yet to coach at UM.

i'm almost certain reed would be willing to be db/safeties coach here in a heartbeat

but diaz wants to go down with his banda fcking ship like a true captain.

Imagine that, you have the choice between ed reed and mother effin banda and.. yah.

He wouldn't. He said recently he wants to be a d coordinator to start. He values himself very highly and stated he would only coach somewhere for a coordinator position and the dollar amount he wanted.

You all talk about Ed coming here to coach when he's said numerous times he wouldn't unless they pay him what he wants. I'm a giant Ed Reed supporter but fact is if Ed wanted to be at Miami he would be.

He's said recently on a live that it's the reason he has yet to coach at UM.

Exactly. If Ed really wanted to coach...he'd be coaching by now. There isn't a team/program in this world that wouldn't welcome him on their staff.

But there are sacrifices that need to be made when you get into coaching and you need to be comfortable with giving up your life for it. I'm just not sure if he's really looking to put in the investment into coaching. My assumption is that's why people haven't seriously pursued him. They're not sure how committed he is to it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
please lord make this happen. speed of the leader, speed of the pack. he’d instantly be the smartest football mind in the building and by a country mile.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back