Ed Reed - Chief of Staff possible candidate?

**This is not a thread with sources and I am not claiming he's interviewing for the job.**

It's all just speculation and just an idea.

Since the chief of staff position still vacant and Alonzo coming here is highly unlikely per @DMoney lastest article regarding The Meeting.
I wondered if this was the direction Blake James was headed. If so I would say I would not be upset as I believe Ed Reed can help in recruiting to a certain extent. In addition, I can't help but speculate with his latest tweet.

Even less experience than Highsmith. He'll probably get hired then. Notify the players.

Advertisement
I'd hire Reed as a DB coach in a heartbeat. Being first-ballot HOF GOAT overrides being a GA. Now, whether he wants to be a full-time coach with all the hours and time spent on the road is another matter. I doubt being an analyst pays enough.

I'd hire Reed as a DB coach in a heartbeat. Being first-ballot HOF GOAT overrides being a GA. Now, whether he wants to be a full-time coach with all the hours and time spent on the road is another matter. I doubt being an analyst pays enough.

That's the thing... I absolutely love Ed, but is he really going to come in and put in all the hours and sweat to be an effective coach (or chief-of-staff)? The guy is enjoying his retirement after putting in work for decades to be one of the best to ever play. He reached the mountaintop. There's no way he has the same energy as a DB Coach who is still forging their career.

We need Ed show DBs who to get into QBs head and wreck it. Next he needs to teach leadership and coaching on the field. IF he is not dealing with players then he is out of place. And the GOAT has to be recruiting. He needs to be in the homes. His story and success sells and that yellow jacket does not hurt.

Advertisement
That's the thing... I absolutely love Ed, but is he really going to come in and put in all the hours and sweat to be an effective coach (or chief-of-staff)? The guy is enjoying his retirement after putting in work for decades to be one of the best to ever play. He reached the mountaintop. There's no way he has the same energy as a DB Coach who is still forging their career.
Due to his passion and love for the U, I do believe he would pour his all into the job.

As much as I love Ed Reed, we need someone who can fix the problems, so experience is crucial.
No, Ed is the answer to everything. Literally every problem calls for Ed Reed.

Know why I don't want him to work for UM football? Because if he does and we still suck fools on here will start to hate the guy. CIS will throw him right under the bus with everybody else. Same with Highsmith. He's not going to be able to fix systemic problems when the AD, HC, and half the BoT don't want him. And guess what happens then? He's the devil. He's now part of the problem and it turns out CIS never liked him that much anyway. I'm trying to stay on this shthole of a board, but anti-Ed Reed threads will be the last fcking straw.

So I hope to **** the former players stay the away.

**This is not a thread with sources and I am not claiming he's interviewing for the job.**

Since the chief of staff position still vacant and Alonzo coming here is highly unlikely per @DMoney lastest article regarding The Meeting.
I wondered if this was the direction Blake James was headed. If so I would say I would not be upset as I believe Ed Reed can help in recruiting to a certain extent. In addition, I can't help but speculate with his latest tweet.

Goat DB but Judging by his past tweets I don't think he would ever fire anybody no matter how bad they are. So I'm gonna have to pass

Advertisement
No, Ed is the answer to everything. Literally every problem calls for Ed Reed.

Know why I don't want him to work for UM football? Because if he does and we still suck fools on here will start to hate the guy. CIS will throw him right under the bus with everybody else. Same with Highsmith. He's not going to be able to fix systemic problems when the AD, HC, and half the BoT don't want him. And guess what happens then? He's the devil. He's now part of the problem and it turns out we never liked him that much anyway.

So I hope to **** the former players stay the **** away.
You want fans to support people who aren't getting it done ?

Y'all need to let the idea of Ed Reed coming back to UM, as part of a coaching staff, go.

He was a assistant coach one year as part of Rex Ryan staff, he and Rex go WAY back, so his interest in coaching is doubtful. Let him be a Living legend of this program and help out in the film room when he feels like it.

Ed Reed , Definitely would benefit UM adding him to the any staff coach or administrative 🙌🏾

Attachments

• F253DCE2-1399-4E93-8A6A-3459146AC020.jpeg
    F253DCE2-1399-4E93-8A6A-3459146AC020.jpeg
    743.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Advertisement

Ed Reed just needs to Be A DB or safety coach I’m A 100% sure he would be than Rumph and Banda especially on the recruiting trail.

Ed is not taking a "chief as staff" position. That's absurd.

And can we stop just assuming former players want to coach in college? He may have no desire to deal w/young players 24/7. He might not have the desire to go on the road often to recruit. He might not want to deal with the no offseason that college coaches have. He might not want to be a babysitter who is on call all the time. I've never once seen it written that he wanted to coach in college.

Advertisement
Would Ed Reed teach the players that risking a fumble to score a useless TD when the game’s already been clinched is a bad idea?

I think not.

Just because somebody was a great player doesn't mean they'll be good at other roles. Doesn't mean they'll be a great teacher or coach or motivator or good managing a staff or good at desk work.

You want fans to support people who aren't getting it done ?
Ed Reed is among the Canes greats and I don't want to see him trashed because he can't right this broke-*** ship. Our problems go way beyond, and won't be fixed by, a position coach or anylist. But that's not what CIS would have to say, they'd call him part of the problem. And you'll be right there with them.

You don't know Ed...Energy for days...

Advertisement
Back