Ed Reed - Chief of Staff possible candidate?

Advertisement
That's the thing... I absolutely love Ed, but is he really going to come in and put in all the hours and sweat to be an effective coach (or chief-of-staff)? The guy is enjoying his retirement after putting in work for decades to be one of the best to ever play. He reached the mountaintop. There's no way he has the same energy as a DB Coach who is still forging their career.
He has never half assed anything in his life. Don’t think he would now

i'm almost certain reed would be willing to be db/safeties coach here in a heartbeat

but diaz wants to go down with his banda fcking ship like a true captain.

Imagine that, you have the choice between ed reed and mother effin banda and.. yah.

i'm almost certain reed would be willing to be db/safeties coach here in a heartbeat

but diaz wants to go down with his banda fcking ship like a true captain.

Imagine that, you have the choice between ed reed and mother effin banda and.. yah.

Like watching a horrific train wreck in slow motion.

Bartender > GOAT

#SeemsLegit

Advertisement
Ed Reed on this coaching staff is an instant upgrade but not at a position like that. Need him as a DB coach.

But... it begs the question. Why wasn't " Don't ask me how I feel! I'm hurt dog!!! " " And Joaquin said WE ain't dominating!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " ? Many, many, many, many, many, many moons ago. hUh.

Advertisement
I got more options for GM/chief of staff position:
Warren Sapp
Michael Irvin
Jimmy Johnson
Ken Dorsey
Dan Morgan
Clinton Portis
Jeremy Shockey
Vince Wilfork
Bryant Mckinnie
And so on and so on.

He has never half assed anything in his life. Don’t think he would now

But that's kind of my point -- I highly doubt he would even take the job b/c he knows that the day-in-day-out grind of being a position coach isn't what he's looking for at this point in his life. The guy is the greatest safety of all time, you really think he's going to come be Manny Diaz's DB coach? That's doubly true for the chief-of-staff position, which would make NO sense for Ed since it's basically an administrative assistant to the head coach.

I know how hard Ed works and how much he loves the U, but he's smart enough to support in other ways.

Advertisement
Lol at Ed not being able to coach DBs at UM...or somewhere on staff...Only an idiot wouldn't want him in some capacity part of the program...
I think you under estimate how much rich former athletes that were great are not able to dedicate all the time required to be great coaches. It’s the same stupidity where people keep asking McKinnie to consider being OL coach and he’s like I’ll be a technique assistant or consultant. Most don’t want to spend the time

Advertisement
I think you under estimate how much rich former athletes that were great are not able to dedicate all the time required to be great coaches. It’s the same stupidity where people keep asking McKinnie to consider being OL coach and he’s like I’ll be a technique assistant or consultant. Most don’t want to spend the time
I need no lessons on Ed since I've been friends with him since 97....and Lol at underestimating his Dedication...Ed's a different breed......

Yeah, Ed Reed is gonna come work under Manny Diaz & Blake James lmfao. In your dreams.

Ed could coach any position on the defensive side of the ball better than any current coach. He would be the best recruiter on the staff. He would easily outwork any position coach we have. I also think he would make a great CEO. Ed isn’t just a hall of famer or great explayer. Ed is a brilliant a instinctual football mind. If he was AD, he’d be an amazing fundraiser and better at everything than Blake. Sometimes I wonder about this site... Sapp killing myself if he was ever mentioned for anything. Ed isn’t an exjock hosting a radio show. He’s elite at everything he does and would be a G-d send. Give him AD, CEO, CB, S, LB, ST or whatever he wants to do and get the fvck out of the way.

Advertisement
Back