Early Prediction Time W-L

Only one I disagree with is UNC. Just don't see us losing to them at home this year.
I wouldn't think so either. But I feel like we'll drop two out of Pitt/Wake/UNC/FSU/VT/GT. Just wasn't sure which it'd be. If we beat UNC, then I say we lose to FSU, Pitt or Wake instead. Same with VT. I don't necessarily see us losing in Blacksburg, but I think we'll go 4-2 over that stretch of games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not again.....

Attachments

• banana_tailpipe_1785.jpg
    banana_tailpipe_1785.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1
10-3 and we win the coastal.

People want to rag our schedule but half the teams we play have had coaching continuity for at least 4-5 years. That does matter. The first three away games are potential land mines.

C’MON MAN!!! You can’t seriously be trying to make our schedule seem tougher than it is because some of those sorry teams have “coaching continuity”?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know we lost to two terrible teams last year with new HC but be glad we got this schedule. This is exactly what this coaching staff/team needs to rid the stench of last season and turn things around. If they don’t capitalize on it, then they deserve to be immediately shown the door.

Advertisement
C’MON MAN!!! You can’t seriously be trying to make our schedule seem tougher than it is because some of those sorry teams have “coaching continuity”?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know we lost to two terrible teams last year with new HC but be glad we got this schedule. This is exactly what this coaching staff/team needs to rid the stench of last season and turn things around. If they don’t capitalize on it, then they deserve to be immediately shown the door.

Bronco finished with 9 wins last year, Narduzzi won 8 and Clawson at Wake is a proven program builder that a lot of people on this very site were clamoring for.

They aren't sorry teams. They are solid teams that have steadily improved as their coaches have built roster and depth.

They are winnable games but they aren't easy outs. They would give any team outside of the elites, which we aren't, a tough game at home.

Advertisement
6-6, we will snatch defeat off the jaws of victory at least three times this year.

The 2 toughest games on here are Vtech and naturally FSU. Another cake schedule, We SHOULD run the table if the offense clicks and the defense doesnt regress again...but I'll go overly hopeful with a 9-3....anything under should be fireable

Advertisement
Temple, MSU, (close win over UAB), VT, and FSU. Manny given extension for “improvement”

I have us going 9-3 (6-2), with losses to MSU, Wake, and VT. All away games. I would bet VT will be a night game and that place will be juiced up. I think this will be a three team race for the coastal between us, UNC, and VT.

UNC's schedule looks very favorable with 3 of their last 4 games are at home with a road game to BC for probably the red bandanna game, which I have them winning. I think they lose UM where Miami is a two loss team and UNC walks into Hard rock for a late afternoon maybe night game (especially if UM is one loss at that point). They get VT at home and I have them splitting the UCF and Auburn games. High end 10-2 (7-1) low end 8-4 (5-3).

VT has Louisville away (L), Penn State at home (L), and already talked about UNC (L) but have them beating UM at home going 9-3 (6-2) with the tiebreaker over Miami.

Advertisement
Optimistic take: If things fall right and King, is who we think he is, and Bolden fully recovers and we pick up a LT from the portal...
12-0 regular season, and get beaten by 2 TD's in the ACCCHGM. We play in the OB and finally win a bowl game. 13-1 overall.

Dark take: If we don't have a cinderella season and things don't click right and Manny does Manny again, 8-4. He get fired. Maybe we get Mario...?

Realistically take: 10-2. We still win the Coastal, get blown out by Sunshine, play in the OB and MAYBE win our first bowl game in a while...maybe... Overall 11-2. That would still be a really good season. 10-3, would be disappointing in the moment, but getting 10 wins will be enough to keep the wolves at bay.

But, with the team we have coming in against that schedule, 12-0 is not crazy talk. Crazy talk would be saying we will go 13-0. I'm optimistic by nature, but beating Sunshine and Etienne... man, Roche and GR better be on their A+++ game for that to come even close to happening.

Last edited:
I think we beat Michigan State on the road.

State starts at home with Northwestern (conference game), then at BYU (altitude and tough place to play), back home against Toledo (actually a good matchup to prepare against our spread) and then us. While there are no juggernauts during the first 3 games, there are no layups either. They are likely to lose one or maybe even two games before they play us.

With that said, we could easily lose to Temple in Week 1 and the team craters like it has in the past.

Advertisement
Back