Early Prediction Time W-L

Advertisement
With King at QB and our D there are only 4 chances to actually lose IMO - at VT , FSU , Temple and UNC ( MSU is going to be horrible) But I think we end up going 10-2 or 11-1 . I mean it would be hard not to as that schedule is horrible honestly. BUt I am glad it is as we need to build momentum and that schedule does allow that.

All the people saying 8-4 are wishfully thinking as being right about Diaz is more important to yall then being a winner . Which is par for the course on CIS .

I'm going with 10-2.

The tough part is there isn't a game on this schedule that they can't win, but they also haven't done anything to prove that they should win every game.

Advertisement
Temple W
Wagner W
UAB W
MSU L
Pitt W
Wake W
UNC L
UVA W
FSU W
VT L
GT W
Duke W

I got 9-3. I can absolutely see 10-2 though if Lashlee/King are able to mask our o-line issues. I won't be betting on us this time though. LOL

I'm going with 10-2.

The tough part is there isn't a game on this schedule that they can't win, but they also haven't done anything to prove that they should win every game.
Wow a reasonable response . I agree with this BUT if King is the goods which we know he is as he is proven and Lashlee is as well anything less then 10 wins would be a shock .

Advertisement
Anything worse than 8-4 and he has to be fired. And the 4 losses have to be close and to quality teams.

11 with convincing wins. How you win is just as important as the wins themselves. If we win 10+ with close, lucky games like 2017, we will get badly exposed in the ACC championship and Bama opener and that tells me why Diaz should have never been given a second chance. Win big against this schedule and I’ll start believing again.

But what has history taught us? Every year, the coastal is a cakewalk. Every year, we fail. An absolutely disastrous scenario would be 8 wins and they slime their way into getting another year due to “improvements”. Hopefully, the BOT won’t be that stupid.

Also, in 16 years, we have had 1 season with double digit wins. So I’ll go with 7-9 wins. Please prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't know which games we're going to lose, but I'm gonna buck the trend I see and say we beat UNC.

I actually think we blow them out.

Any game we can score 30 we will win. Our defense will hold everyone to 24 or less points

Advertisement
Not doing it to myself again. Wanna say 11-1 (non-elite teams always lose 1 game somewhere to someone)

Realistically we're gonna go 8-4 or 9-3. No idea who we lose to. Gut says Wake on the road on a Friday on a short week, VT on the road in November in Lane Stadium with the coastal on the line most likely, and one or 2 of UNC, MSU, and FSU. UNC because we're coming off a bye and they have Howell. MSU because its on the road and they are always a veteran team with bigger 3-4-5 year guys in the trenches, and FSU because its a rivalry. (Lucky for us 2 of those games are at home and MSU sucks and we could *should* go 3-0 in those games)

8-4 or 9-3. Either way Manny will stick around as it’ll be a “sign of progress” which is sadly hard to argue against with the way this program has gone about its business the past 20 years.

Then next year we finally get that grueling schedule you crazy kids want and he will get fired.

Temple W
Wagner W
UAB W
MSU L
Pitt W
Wake W
UNC L
UVA W
FSU W
VT L
GT W
Duke W

I got 9-3. I can absolutely see 10-2 though if Lashlee/King are able to mask our o-line issues. I won't be betting on us this time though. LOL

Only one I disagree with is UNC. Just don't see us losing to them at home this year.

Advertisement
Back