Early Morning Fireworks

Advertisement
This is big. Something to keep in mind is that all of these deals must be within reason. So Bama can’t do the same thing and somehow pay them $2000 a month. As an example

Advertisement
I would say based on professional players ability to manage their own money, and that's with far more resources to help, the overwhelming majority will be leaving with nothing because they'll blow it. But here's hoping otherwise
That's on them, their mentors, and their circle of ppl. No more excuses, if this opportunity is handled even semi-correctly, these kids could dominate life. There is no other place on this planet that can offer more of chance to succeed than what these guys have now. ADVANTAGE MIAMI.

44 locations throughout south florida, and elsewhere. Masvidal trains in their gym

Other states include Georgia, Kansas, Indiana, North Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Missouri, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Minnesota, Oregon and California. There are also International locations in Canada, Italy, Austria, Russia, Croatia and Indonesia.
That’s a lot of cauliflower ears walking around.

Advertisement
all NIL deals must be at "fair market value". Won't matter for the bag schools since they will go on business as usual.
So $500 is fair market value to do essentially nothing, but $2000 isn't? Who determines that the imaginary salary cap board? I'm not arguing with you about that being the "rules", I'm saying they're not enforceable.

This is a great idea and very well executed. The attorney involved is a UF grad who is also a professor at UF. He's been working with athletes for a while and has been pushing hard for NIL in Florida and around the country. This will most likely be the blueprint around the country. Miami may not be able to use these deals for recruiting, but they can definitely show recruits that Manny, the program, and the school will always be front and center innovating ideas and opportunities for its student athletes. Some athletes may not care, but there are some recruits, and parents, who will.

Advertisement
So $500 is fair market value to do essentially nothing, but $2000 isn't? Who determines that the imaginary salary cap board? I'm not arguing with you about that being the "rules", I'm saying they're not enforceable.
It's very fuzzy. For example, my law firm is going sponsor a player or two - they have to wear a shirt w/ the law firm name and put stuff out on IG or twitter a couple times a week, wear our firm T-shirts/hats a certain amount of hours a week, etc. The firm expenses it as a marketing cost.

It will be easier once there's an actual market but yeah I think something would have to be a pretty big outlier to be enforceable.

This is big. Something to keep in mind is that all of these deals must be within reason. So Bama can’t do the same thing and somehow pay them $2000 a month. As an example
They’ve been doing that this entire time.

Advertisement
This is really cool. But this will get copied by schools with more Money unfortunately. But I love how were on the cutting edge. Give credit to manny because he embraces change whereas old heads like dabo **** and moan about it. We need to negative recruit that ******* and use his anti-NIL comments against him and say he doesn’t care about the players and uses them as means to an end

$500 a month is significant for "student athletes" who often sleep with empty stomaches in the offseason.

We're less than a week into this NIL reality and fans are already complaining that it's not enough and other schools will upstage Miami. The inferiority complex has never been more apparent. Unless...did I miss the press release where this is it and there will be no more deals for Miami and its players? Yawn.

edited for typo

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back