Early Morning Fireworks

Advertisement
ae9.gif
Amazing how close this gif was to what happened.

$500 is a month is significant for "student athletes" who often sleep with empty stomaches in the offseason.

We're less than a week into this NIL reality and fans are already complaining that it's not enough and other schools will upstage Miami. The inferiority complex has never been more apparent. Unless...did I miss the press release where this is it and there will be no more deals for Miami and its players? Yawn.
I would have killed for $500 a month. I was on scholarship during the old days when it was only 3 meals a day. I could’ve been eating like a king and drinking like one too, with that kinda cash.

$500/month?

OK;

What makes this different isn't the amount per player, it's that every scholarship player is getting the opportunity. It's not just the guys on pre-season award lists, or impact starters... Peyton Matocha can put that cash in his pocket. Chris Washington has that opportunity. Larry Hodges can make that bread. Holley can pay for salsa lessons. It's literally every scholarship football player.

When we are selling culture and family, I think stuff like this can only help. Our NIL deals aren't just trying to take care of you in years 3/4 after you've shown us something, we're looking out for your from the moment you step into the locker room.

Advertisement
Some of y’all must sit your face directly under your dog’s **** to have thus much **** to throw on Miami.

God Himself could take control of the program and with a straight face you’d type out, “ok but what’s Bama gonna do next? They already have Satan.”

What makes this different isn't the amount per player, it's that every scholarship player is getting the opportunity. It's not just the guys on pre-season award lists, or impact starters... Peyton Matocha can put that cash in his pocket. Chris Washington has that opportunity. Larry Hodges can make that bread. Holley can pay for salsa lessons. It's literally every scholarship football player.

When we are selling culture and family, I think stuff like this can only help. Our NIL deals aren't just trying to take care of you in years 3/4 after you've shown us something, we're looking out for your from the moment you step into the locker room.
And having Kendrick Norton as a spokesman is a stroke of genius. Is there a better person to convey the message that these kids need to make their money when they can than Kendrick?

Advertisement
Some of y’all must sit your face directly under your dog’s **** to have thus much **** to throw on Miami.

God Himself could take control of the program and with a straight face you’d type out, “ok but what’s Bama gonna do next? They already have Satan.”

"Must not be the real God. The real God is all-knowing and would have known to hire Saban. UM BOT got played into a bad deal again. Fly the banners!"

-some CIS heathen, probably

I actually saw someone claim Saban will have Coke, Aflac and Mercedes Benz sign $5 million NIL deals soon.

Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing, miserable twats.

I said it awhile ago “Miami had big things in the works and if anyone doesn’t think the Nil isn’t huge for Miami they’re smoking crack“.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, if he's promoting via us, could that mean in the offseason our players get free training and conditioning at any ATT gym? Don't have to worry about our kids in theory ever being out of shape or condition come August?

Advertisement

I think everyone that tagged my response didn’t get the gist of my response. I’m literally saying “OK” as in OK. Lol. If I was mocking or being sarcastic, I would’ve put up the eye rolling emoji or ‘yeaaah, OK.’

Anyways, players getting paid is a good thing & hopefully this is a start. My only concern is this; since we’re so Fort Knox on all info pertaining to this program, I would’ve liked for us to have stated we struck a “Huge NIL Deal That’s a Game Changer” vs. disclosing the figures.

The reason being is since this is a copycat league, and LORD knows teams have copy catted us for decades, it gives these bag schools an idea on how to go about this at an even bigger clip.

Other than that, it’s nice seeing some local business owners who r fans taking the initiative to try to restore our legacy.

$500 is a month is significant for "student athletes" who often sleep with empty stomaches in the offseason.

We're less than a week into this NIL reality and fans are already complaining that it's not enough and other schools will upstage Miami. The inferiority complex has never been more apparent. Unless...did I miss the press release where this is it and there will be no more deals for Miami and its players? Yawn.

Yeah I was going to say the same. Unbelievable (well, not really given the sad sack fans) that a week into NIL, we have the very first deal of this kind and it immediately draws more complaints that Bama will have better deals than compliments that Miami was ahead of the curve. This is why we can't have nice things.

What is Bama going to do? Sign a deal with Mr Omelet and the local meth dealers?

Lol;

But seriously, I know a lot of Bama players just inked deals w/ some gaming company. I’m just wondering how will ALL these players get compensated if or when EA brings back NCAA football. Also, jersey sales! R we going to get back to wearing our favorite players jerseys vs. a generic # and Hurricanes on the back?

This 1000% can’t imagine how miserable some Ppl are that they try to spin this as a negative.

a scout team player getting a baseline $500/month and setting their floor for their deals despite not playing in the gameS.

Advertisement
Back