Early Morning Fireworks

Advertisement
I think everyone that tagged my response didn’t get the gist of my response. I’m literally saying “OK” as in OK. Lol. If I was mocking or being sarcastic, I would’ve put up the eye rolling emoji or ‘yeaaah, OK.’

Anyways, players getting paid is a good thing & hopefully this is a start. My only concern is this; since we’re so Fort Knox on all info pertaining to this program, I would’ve liked for us to have stated we struck a “Huge NIL Deal That’s a Game Changer” vs. disclosing the figures.

The reason being is since this is a copycat league, and LORD knows teams have copy catted us for decades, it gives these bag schools an idea on how to go about this at an even bigger clip.

Other than that, it’s nice seeing some local business owners who r fans taking the initiative to try to restore our legacy.
Hahaha, my bad, man. This is CIS, so when I have a doubt I always assume the worst possible meaning, lol.

I think everyone that tagged my response didn’t get the gist of my response. I’m literally saying “OK” as in OK. Lol. If I was mocking or being sarcastic, I would’ve put up the eye rolling emoji or ‘yeaaah, OK.’

Anyways, players getting paid is a good thing & hopefully this is a start. My only concern is this; since we’re so Fort Knox on all info pertaining to this program, I would’ve liked for us to have stated we struck a “Huge NIL Deal That’s a Game Changer” vs. disclosing the figures.

The reason being is since this is a copycat league, and LORD knows teams have copy catted us for decades, it gives these bag schools an idea on how to go about this at an even bigger clip.

Other than that, it’s nice seeing some local business owners who r fans taking the initiative to try to restore our legacy.
Understand your thought process here, for sure. However, I believe they are disclosing amounts for a reason (judgment call re: publicity, or perhaps they feel it's smart for compliance). I don't think it's willy-nilly. Not with this type of money on offer.

Understand your thought process here, for sure. However, I believe they are disclosing amounts for a reason (judgment call re: publicity, or perhaps they feel it's smart for compliance). I don't think it's willy-nilly. Not with this type of money on offer.

I thought I read something about the NIL stuff has to fit the parameters of "fair market value" if Im not mistaken. Does disclosing these numbers keep the other schools from signing deals where players get 2500 a month? I don't know, more of a question as a whole and curious to see how the future plays out on this. Maybe that's part of the reasoning behind releasing numbers? Help shape the market value talk?

Lol;

But seriously, I know a lot of Bama players just inked deals w/ some gaming company. I’m just wondering how will ALL these players get compensated if or when EA brings back NCAA football. Also, jersey sales! R we going to get back to wearing our favorite players jerseys vs. a generic # and Hurricanes on the back?
I’m getting a Bar Milo jersey.

Advertisement
Hahaha, my bad, man. This is CIS, so when I have a doubt I always assume the worst possible meaning, lol.

Nah; it’s all good. Completely understandable. I can definitely see how u read my post as such, especially on this joint. I thought I attached a gif to it w/ a nod of approval, but for some reason ever since I downloaded this gif app, it hasn’t been attaching here. Smh.

I thought I read something about the NIL stuff has to fit the parameters of "fair market value" if Im not mistaken. Does disclosing these numbers keep the other schools from signing deals where players get 2500 a month? I don't know, more of a question as a whole and curious to see how the future plays out on this. Maybe that's part of the reasoning behind releasing numbers? Help shape the market value talk?

U read that correctly, so the next ? is what constitutes fair market value? Is it based upon what the NCAA feels a player deserves, based upon a player’s “celebrity” status, or team success, etc?
I mean, as an example, as stated on here, Master P’s son just signed a 4 yr, $2m contract w/ a tech company. That’s $250k/yr for one guy. Is that fair market based upon who his dad is?

It’s a lot of language that can be misconstrued which leaves a helluva slippery slope for boosters.

Last edited:
U read that correctly, so the next ? is what constitutes fair market value? It’s based upon what the NCAA feels a player deserves or is based upon a player’s “celebrity” status or team success, etc?
I mean, as an example, as stated on here, Master P’s son just signed a 4 yr, $2m contract w/ a tech company. That’s $250k/yr for one guy. Is that fair market based upon who his dad is?

It’s a lot of language that can be misconstrued which leaves a helluva slippery slope for boosters.
Agreed. I'm not sure what the fair market value is and will be. What I am sure of is the NCAA will mismanage this.

Advertisement
**** that lady dude. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen in my life. I love how she’s getting her *** handed to her.
When I seen it before GM 4, I couldn’t believe she really said that. I thought she learned her lesson after taking heat in an earlier press conference where she said she was on the phone with Montreal’s mayor and told them that they can share the Rays but not the Stanley. I think she just got to ****y and full of herself with the great run the city has had within the last year.

And I’ve been reading nhl Reddit lately. What’s up with all the hate TB is getting? Most of it seemed like it’s cause we have the highest payroll like we are the Yankees or Dodgers. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t most of our players homegrown? Not our fault we can develop talent then pay them when it’s time to pay, or flip guys like Drouin for Sergachev and Namestnikov for Mcdonagh.

Quick fact-Did you know Steve Walsh is Mcdonagh’s uncle?

I question ALOT of what this university administration does, but this here is BIG. Doesn’t have to be the biggest deal ever, but the fact that everyone gets to eat is huge. I hope we see more of this down the road.

Advertisement
When I seen it before GM 4, I couldn’t believe she really said that. I thought she learned her lesson after taking heat in an earlier press conference where she said she was on the phone with Montreal’s mayor and told them that they can share the Rays but not the Stanley. I think she just got to ****y and full of herself with the great run the city has had within the last year.

And I’ve been reading nhl Reddit lately. What’s up with all the hate TB is getting? Most of it seemed like it’s cause we have the highest payroll like we are the Yankees or Dodgers. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t most of our players homegrown? Not our fault we can develop talent then pay them when it’s time to pay, or flip guys like Drouin for Sergachev and Namestnikov for Mcdonagh.

Quick fact-Did you know Steve Walsh is Mcdonagh’s uncle?
Yea she got a little ****y and even before yesterday’s game she got a ton of **** for it.

Idk man everyone hates them. All the announcers, refs, fans, etc. They aren’t a dirty team, homegrown talent, and they have hard nosed guys who make the game fun to watch. Maybe it’s because they are in the playoffs every year and are projected to go far? No idea.

No **** I didn’t know that. I love Mac man I hope we keep him next year. Something tells me Seattle might snag him in the draft. My guess is they protect Sergy, Heddy, and Cernak.

Everyone pull Alabamas **** from their mouths. Bama will always spend the most , this can separate us from our current group. Miami has advantages over most schools , key word “ most”.
Exactly F*ck alabama tired of ppl putting them on a pedastal worry abt miami is all we gotta do.

Advertisement
Yea she got a little ****y and even before yesterday’s game she got a ton of **** for it.

Idk man everyone hates them. All the announcers, refs, fans, etc. They aren’t a dirty team, homegrown talent, and they have hard nosed guys who make the game fun to watch. Maybe it’s because they are in the playoffs every year and are projected to go far? No idea.

No **** I didn’t know that. I love Mac man I hope we keep him next year. Something tells me Seattle might snag him in the draft. My guess is they protect Sergy, Heddy, and Cernak.
⚡

U read that correctly, so the next ? is what constitutes fair market value? Is it based upon what the NCAA feels a player deserves, based upon a player’s “celebrity” status, or team success, etc?

Agreed. I'm not sure what the fair market value is and will be. What I am sure of is the NCAA will mismanage this.
Is this a Florida law or a national NCAA rule as it relates to FMV?

Advertisement
Back