Early Line: UNC vs Canes

More like Canes -40. First game of the Jacurri Brown 2022 Heisman campaign. We back!

Advertisement
After the game...

Mack: ****, Manny, you got BIG!
Mario: My name is Mario.
Mack: Nice to see you again, Manny. Maybe next year your D will slow us down.
Mario: My name is MARIO.
Mack: See you next year, Big Manny.

I think it would be better if Mack was throwing out backhanded compliments and speaking in "old man trying to be cool" talk like:

"**** Manny, you been lifting, bro? You look swole! What are they putting in that South Florida water? Well, whatever it is, you should start giving it to your players! No cap- good effort, good progress. I bet next year your boys will be keep it within a couple scores, we better start game planning now for you! Aiighht. I'll see you on the flippity flop."

Last edited:
Advertisement
College Football Dancing GIF by Wisconsin Sportscenter
I want to beat this old **** so badly that he has a stroke right on the field. Yeah I said that you soft shouldered porsters.

Vegas knows what they’re doing. We’ve seen this so many times where our team is Jekyll and Hyde. I wouldn’t be surprised if we somehow win this game big. I’m just ready for another game to be played. Sitting with that awful loss for 2 weeks is bad for your health.
The goal of the line isn’t to pick the winner. It’s to split the bets 50/50. That’s why there’s a vig and Vegas always wins.

Advertisement
I hope all you clowns bet the farm on UNC.
I understand the frustration, but I don't think we are clowns because we are skeptical of our team's chances. I think some of us are just trying to find some humor in this season. Almost have to in order to keep some sanity. It's a new week and anything can happen any given Saturday. Unlike Manny, Mario has a good track record in games after a bye week.

Personally, I'm not touching this game. I typically don't bet Miami games anyway. I don't think UNC is going to throttle us, but I'm not confident that we win. I do believe Mario will have the team play a much more competitive game than what we saw against MTSU. Whether that will result in a Miami victory, I guess that remains to be seen.

BTW, the majority of UNC posters on their 247 site hope they can beat the Canes.- they aren't assuming anything... They know they have no defense. They just don't know how to read the offensive issues going on with Miami right now....

Advertisement
The goal of the line isn’t to pick the winner. It’s to split the bets 50/50. That’s why there’s a vig and Vegas always wins.
Wouldn’t a line like UNC -4 do that better? Even UM fans are scratching their heads at this line. UM -4 seems like a trap knowing most people will bet UNC and the points. I’m no expert though.

Advertisement
This is absolutely my thought as well. After that abomination against MTSU I expect the money to flood in on UNC…I just wish I could see whatever the bookmakers see in Miami to set the trap.
If UNC gets all the money and the line never gets below 3 or it touches +2.5 and immediately goes back to 3 when anybody touches the other side, it’s trouble.

Can’t wait to see if it never budges or if it ends up moving to about a pick ‘em.

Miami wins 34-28. UNC can't stop the run. You can't score 7 TDs if you never have the ball. This isn't a game where an above average running game and mediocre pass game will automatically equal a lost. Our sole offensive strength plays very well into UNC's weakness. If Gattis goes uptempo this game I'll officially be on the Fire Gattis train (if we score under 50 at least)

Advertisement
Back