Early Line: UNC vs Canes

Advertisement
Can anybody comfirm if UNC vs Miami line has been at 7 1/2 for this contest on Saturday??

And if not, what is it por favor?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Advertisement
Psychologists actually recommend betting small amounts against your favorite team, ESPECIALLY when the team sucks. If they win, then you are happy and aren't too upset about losing the money. If they lose, you dont get as upset because you won money. If anyone questions your fan loyalty, tell them Dr. Mario wrote you a prescription to bet against UM.
I can get behind this

BTW, the majority of UNC posters on their 247 site hope they can beat the Canes.- they aren't assuming anything... They know they have no defense. They just don't know how to read the offensive issues going on with Miami right now....
Cause notre dame seemed to have a horrific offense and then beat the heels and dropped almost 40. I think they’re just trying to not take anything for granted

Psychologists actually recommend betting small amounts against your favorite team, ESPECIALLY when the team sucks. If they win, then you are happy and aren't too upset about losing the money. If they lose, you dont get as upset because you won money. If anyone questions your fan loyalty, tell them Dr. Mario wrote you a prescription to bet against UM.
Mario could actually be the Pete Rose of CF.

I actually really want to go see the game because I hate UNC but if we have another boring game where we lose (or get blown out) I'll probably never be able to convince my girlfriend to go watch another game.

Advertisement
1664758497442.png

Mack and Butch have been strategizing over the phone for their beloved Carolina Blue.

If it’s any consolation 90 percent of a TAMU board I visited during Miami week thought them being a favorite was crazy. They had lost to a similar type team albeit App State was considered better than Middle Tennessee but there was no confidence on that board that week as is the case with this board. 🤔 Now they did start a new QB so following suit maybe you start Jake ?

Advertisement
Bank on UNC scoring at least 35-40 points (and maybe more if they get off to a fast start). So, we need to do the following to win:

1) Take off the training wheels, freewheel it & have fun...or we're going to get boatraced. What does that entail:

Establish a rhythm for the offense from the start so:

• NO CHECK WITH ME (this hasn't helped at all & has only rendered the offense stagnant),
  • NO INCESSANT HAND CLAPPING,
  • NO TAKING 20+ SECONDS TO GET THE CALLS MADE
  • Allow the QB to audible out of bad match-ups
  • Get the QB & the offense in a rhythm. Go up-tempo, if we have them reeling.

2) Mix a power run game with airing it out or we won't keep pace with them on scoring. If we go run heavy & try to play keep-away the whole game, we'll probably only score 20-28 points & lose. We're going to have to throw effectively to keep pace. Mix in a healthy dose of last year's pass plays -- they worked really well. Miss St just beat A&M handily 42-24 (new school vs old school).

3) Don't waste a quarter (or more) on a slow start. Whoever is QB1 needs to perform or make a switch...or we will lose this game.

4) Mix in some Jacurri behind Thad. He can be a serious threat with his feet. Add in some Brashard on reverses, toss sweeps and dump-offs (get him in space so he doesn't take too much of a pounding & he can use his speed).

5) Win this game at all costs. Play to win & have some flair doing it. This next recruiting class is critical to the future of Canes football. Got to keep that in tact. I'd rather see us make some mistakes & "die trying" than never really play to win (which would also not be fun to watch). Would like to see the best players playing (regardless of age, seniority etc). Got to book some wins here. Would like to see more speed & athleticism at the LB position as some bad angles were taken & bad decisions made by upperclassmen so get the talented young guys some more burn (their upside is greater & their mistakes likely won't be worse than what we've seen).

To be viewed as a great OC, Gattis simply needs to win & look good doing it. He does not need to control everything (which I think he has been doing). He shouldn't hesitate to adapt his schemes, if they aren't working. He also should relinquish some control to the QB and free him up as it will likely yield much better results. If I were in his shoes, I would re-assess everything they have been doing and change things fast. His career is on the line. The best OCs get results. It doesn't matter how you get there...just get there.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
This is absolutely my thought as well. After that abomination against MTSU I expect the money to flood in on UNC…I just wish I could see whatever the bookmakers see in Miami to set the trap.
Do you guys even know how the house makes their money? There is no trap. They don't want a bunch of money on one side and very little on the other. That would leave them open to a big loss. They want equal amount of money on both sides. They make their money on the juice. That's why lines move. Too much money on one side so the line moves to entice more money on the other side.

I agree miami favored is ridiculous. The public probably agrees too which is why the line will drop as too much money starts coming in on UNC. The line drops to entice some money on the Miami side to balance it out so the house can make their money on the juice

Last edited:
We passed on butch and lane kiffin. Most of you wanted MARIO the pitzza maker. U all wanted him, well u got him

Butch LMAO.

What a fanbase this is. Truly special.

That being said, if this team plays how it did against A&M, they'll win. UNC stinks. If they sleepwalk through the game again like they did against MTSU, they'll get smoked. I highly doubt that though, you rarely play your absolute floor game back to back weeks. They'll be a lot more inspired Saturday and play a lot better. -4 is a pretty good line.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back