Early Betting Lines - Canes +17.5 vs Bama

Yeah it was me, not you spamming this board trolling for conflict like a child that got you in trouble.

Like I said before, you’re too ******* dumb to even get how badly you’re being used. So keep posting a hundred times a day, it’ll work out fine for you, just like last time.
cry baby GIF

Advertisement
I seem to recall we lost a game in the not too distant past where we were favored but multiple touchdowns.

It happens.
Probably should talk about the last time it happened to bama instead of us. We’re on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to winning as favorites…or winning in general

Probably should talk about the last time it happened to bama instead of us. We’re on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to winning as favorites…or winning in general
Just because it might not have happened to them doesn't mean it won't.

Advertisement
I disagree. We will beat fsu by even more this year
I wouldn't bet on it. I also wouldn't bet against it. That program needed to be completely burned down, and it's happening. It's actually good for the program long term to rid it of all the cancers, and has that program ever had some serious issues. Burn it down and build it right. It's why I won't say Norvell is a complete failure if they only win 2 games this year. That program didn't need a reworking. It didn't need a few players here and there. It didn't need simply a good head coach to right the ship. No. It needed a complete cremation to kill every last living bad cell within the program.

For that reason I can not stand the thought of a close game against them. They are just that bad right now.

NEVER bet on your team. Who knows what can happen. I just want our CANES to be competitive.
i learned the hard way vs Clemson and a couple other games last szn... i might take the bama spread in a parlay then canes ML solo just for ***** and giggles lol

Advertisement
Another game on national television that will expose our weaknesses. I just want to at least keep it watchable.

Just for fun I looked to see how many LB's Bama has listed on their team...25.
I looked at Miami's as well...16.

I won't get into the height and weight comparison of those listed above. It's not fair, but as they say, strangers things have happened. Let's hope so.

I agree. Everyone assumes we are dirty anyways so might as well live up to expectations. Let's say we start cheating now, buying some elite recruits, and win a natty in 2023 in baseball and football. Will take the ncaa a couple years to invest investigate. When The Rock is President in 2024, we are in the clear. You think the ncaa is going to embarrass the President of the United States by sanctioning his alma mater? Not if they value their precious tax exemptions. In the immortal words of Rocky Balboa, "Thats how winning is done."
I said this 15 years ago over on tos

Advertisement

I won't get into the height and weight comparison of those listed above. It's not fair, but as they say, strangers things have happened. Let's hope so.
They also run a lot of 3-4 looks, where as we run a 4-2-5.

Advertisement
One thing to remember if you're betting this game is that Saban never takes his foot off the gas. And if Bama is up by 17 or less, don't expect the starters to come out of the game even in the 4th. I could easily see a scenario whereby we trail by 7 at halftime, trail by 14 with a couple minutes left in the 4th, and Saban has Bama throwing 40 yard bombs to try and go up 21.

Bama runs a 3-4 D so they would be bigger and have more depth at LBer.

As I always advise- do NOT bet more than you can afford to lose. SO what you need to do here is to take secret reverse mortgages on your grandma's and/or in-laws' houses and then use the cash to POUND that Canes moneyline! We're going to the ******' moon, gentlemen!

I want to blame the AD as well, but it goes higher. The AD just does the bidding of the BOT. And I want to be mad at them, but if you look at the recent Clemson track and field thread, that actually tells you more about why Miami isn't more successful than just about any other thread. In football, I don't think many will argue that Miami is either the #2 or #3 best team in the ACC. Clemson, Miami, UNC or Clemson, UNC, Miami. Either way, I won't argue with the order. Reasons to pick one or the other. UNC and Clemson are filthy programs. UNC had one of the the worst academic cheating scandals ever, but they didn't even get a slap on the wrist. They are beloved by the ACC and the NCAA. Clemson straight up buys cars for players. Miami is trying to compete on an unlevel playing field. Being the best of the clean programs in the conference may not impress a lot of people, it's not exactly fair criticism to say that Miami is currently expected to be better at football than two major public universities that have been given the green light by the rules enforcers to cheat because we once ruled CFB. You can't really point to another ACC program and say, "see, they don't cheat and they are more competitive than us." Of course, FSU cheats too and they are a dumpster fire, so you can't automatically correlate cheating with winning, but it certainly helps. The two cheaters are at the top, then you have the rest of the conference, and I think it's safe to say we are the best on the list of clean programs. And it may sound naive to say Miami is clean, but you know as well as I do that the NCAA knows it is viewed as a joke and would love to make an example out of someone so we have to be mindful to avoid the sports equivalent of a "broken tail light."

The cloud investigation told you all you need to know about the program. We are as clean as they come.

The corruption at the ncaa is a big hurdle, but not insurmountable.

I am excited about NIL. We are an old school, no frills program in a lot of ways. We don’t have the booster support of the bigger schools. We ain’t broke though.

The supporters of this program love it and know how hard up the NCAA is to put us on death row. You won’t see much bag slinging in the current environment. But make no mistake. Miami has some deep pocketed support.We may not spend hundreds of millions on locker rooms and water slides, but I have a feeling we will be pleasantly surprised at the type of packages the boosters and local corporations would put together in order to acquire actual talent.

Advertisement
Back