Early Betting Lines - Canes +17.5 vs Bama

Advertisement
My man, thanks, all good. I can rub the sunshiners wrong but I am definitely not a troll. Just jaded by the failures of the baseball and football teams at a school that should be better in both. I blame the AD more than coaches and players though truth be told.

Actually I spent most of my time on the WEZ, that's the real reason I was not here much.

I want to blame the AD as well, but it goes higher. The AD just does the bidding of the BOT. And I want to be mad at them, but if you look at the recent Clemson track and field thread, that actually tells you more about why Miami isn't more successful than just about any other thread. In football, I don't think many will argue that Miami is either the #2 or #3 best team in the ACC. Clemson, Miami, UNC or Clemson, UNC, Miami. Either way, I won't argue with the order. Reasons to pick one or the other. UNC and Clemson are filthy programs. UNC had one of the the worst academic cheating scandals ever, but they didn't even get a slap on the wrist. They are beloved by the ACC and the NCAA. Clemson straight up buys cars for players. Miami is trying to compete on an unlevel playing field. Being the best of the clean programs in the conference may not impress a lot of people, it's not exactly fair criticism to say that Miami is currently expected to be better at football than two major public universities that have been given the green light by the rules enforcers to cheat because we once ruled CFB. You can't really point to another ACC program and say, "see, they don't cheat and they are more competitive than us." Of course, FSU cheats too and they are a dumpster fire, so you can't automatically correlate cheating with winning, but it certainly helps. The two cheaters are at the top, then you have the rest of the conference, and I think it's safe to say we are the best on the list of clean programs. And it may sound naive to say Miami is clean, but you know as well as I do that the NCAA knows it is viewed as a joke and would love to make an example out of someone so we have to be mindful to avoid the sports equivalent of a "broken tail light."

I want to blame the AD as well, but it goes higher. The AD just does the bidding of the BOT. And I want to be mad at them, but if you look at the recent Clemson track and field thread, that actually tells you more about why Miami isn't more successful than just about any other thread. In football, I don't think many will argue that Miami is either the #2 or #3 best team in the ACC. Clemson, Miami, UNC or Clemson, UNC, Miami. Either way, I won't argue with the order. Reasons to pick one or the other. UNC and Clemson are filthy programs. UNC had one of the the worst academic cheating scandals ever, but they didn't even get a slap on the wrist. They are beloved by the ACC and the NCAA. Clemson straight up buys cars for players. Miami is trying to compete on an unlevel playing field. Being the best of the clean programs in the conference may not impress a lot of people, it's not exactly fair criticism to say that Miami is currently expected to be better at football than two major public universities that have been given the green light by the rules enforcers to cheat because we once ruled CFB. You can't really point to another ACC program and say, "see, they don't cheat and they are more competitive than us." Of course, FSU cheats too and they are a dumpster fire, so you can't automatically correlate cheating with winning, but it certainly helps. The two cheaters are at the top, then you have the rest of the conference, and I think it's safe to say we are the best on the list of clean programs. And it may sound naive to say Miami is clean, but you know as well as I do that the NCAA knows it is viewed as a joke and would love to make an example out of someone so we have to be mindful to avoid the sports equivalent of a "broken tail light."
So as long as we are "clean" we are likely not winning anything? ****, then be "dirty", I wanna win, not be "clean". LOL

****. I may jump on that 12.5 vs FSU
FSU is going to be baaaaaad. If they end up within 2 TDs of us, Manny's seat gets hot, unless he's already beaten Bama and is undefeated. That's a major step backwards against a team that I see as going backwards themselves. They lost a lot of talent. Yeah, I know the NFL draft says otherwise, but compared to whats left on that roster, those were their better players.

Advertisement
Dude, did you recently get divorced or send your kids to boarding school, so now you have tons of free time to spend all day on on CIS? I'm genuinely puzzled how it is that you created your account back account in 2012, seemed to have a relatively low profile for several years, and now you post 600 times a day.

Gotta watch out for those Sleeper Trolls cells planted here years ago

Last edited:
Advertisement
FSU is going to be baaaaaad. If they end up within 2 TDs of us, Manny's seat gets hot, unless he's already beaten Bama and is undefeated. That's a major step backwards against a team that I see as going backwards themselves. They lost a lot of talent. Yeah, I know the NFL draft says otherwise, but compared to whats left on that roster, those were their better players.
Agreed. I know rivalry games are usually tighter than it should be but FSU is historically bad. Winning by <14 would be an ugly victory. It won’t be 52-10 again but something like 42-21 is incredibly realistic

Advertisement
Agreed. I know rivalry games are usually tighter than it should be but FSU is historically bad. Winning by <14 would be an ugly victory. It won’t be 52-10 again but something like 42-21 is incredibly realistic
I disagree. We will beat fsu by even more this year

So as long as we are "clean" we are likely not winning anything? ****, then be "dirty", I wanna win, not be "clean". LOL

I agree. Everyone assumes we are dirty anyways so might as well live up to expectations. Let's say we start cheating now, buying some elite recruits, and win a natty in 2023 in baseball and football. Will take the ncaa a couple years to invest investigate. When The Rock is President in 2024, we are in the clear. You think the ncaa is going to embarrass the President of the United States by sanctioning his alma mater? Not if they value their precious tax exemptions. In the immortal words of Rocky Balboa, "Thats how winning is done."

I agree. Everyone assumes we are dirty anyways so might as well live up to expectations. Let's say we start cheating now, buying some elite recruits, and win a natty in 2023 in baseball and football. Will take the ncaa a couple years to invest investigate. When The Rock is President in 2024, we are in the clear. You think the ncaa is going to embarrass the President of the United States by sanctioning his alma mater? Not if they value their precious tax exemptions.
LMAO!!!!!!!! I love it man, good stuff
majestic the rock GIF

Advertisement
The difference you are forgetting is the team favored here has dominated CFB for over a decade and that team favored was no good and had no business being that big of a favorite. But hey, ANYTHING can happen...... Maybe they have a Covid outbreak and we get to play the Lambda Lambda Lambda intramural team. We would rout them for sure.
I can also remember a championship level team dropping their second game of the season before going undefeated 34 games until being robbed of another championship.

It happens.

game time Tide will be spotting canes 20.5-21 points. besides talent edge, massive edge on sidelines Nick vs. CMD
will be interesting to see if experienced grown-ss men on our O Line get a push vs. Tide D line...... i say No
Bama 42 Canes 20

I can also remember a championship level team dropping their second game of the season before going undefeated 34 games until being robbed of another championship.

It happens.
It does, that's why they are called upsets...... the bookies (the real knowledge on games) give us about a 10% chance, so it's not impossible, just improbable. I will be watching and pulling for us, but I'm a realist. A win to me is a competitive game that we can stay within a few scores at worst.

A win and I will be ecstatic

You said it, and then you ran and cried to the mods when I schooled you. It's what you are, own it at least.....
Yeah it was me, not you spamming this board trolling for conflict like a child that got you in trouble.

Like I said before, you’re too ******* dumb to even get how badly you’re being used. So keep posting a hundred times a day, it’ll work out fine for you, just like last time.

Advertisement
Back