Earl Little Jr. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is simple. Earl Little could probably care less about starting as a freshman. He’s trying to get drafted in the first round. His dad played in the league he isn’t thinking short term. If Bama’s sales pitch is we can get you in the league at the latest day 2 and our pitch is come play early he’s not coming here.

You talking about him going in the portal because of depth chart makes no sense because if that is the case that means he’s probably not that day 1 or day 2 player that we hope he can be. If he can’t develop at Bama what makes you think he will here?

His dad should be more focused on getting his son in a position to be happy getting on the field early and playing football.

This kid is not Pat Surtain. “Development” won’t make him elite. Having some complex long term NFL strategy is a likely recipe for failure because the odds of him making it are minimal.

Advertisement
His dad should be more focused on getting his son in a position to be happy getting on the field early and playing football.

This kid is not Pat Surtain. “Development” won’t make him elite. Having some complex long term NFL strategy is a likely recipe for failure because the odds of him making it are minimal.

He's not Surtain, but that's true of every other corner in the country besides a handful at most. So I'm not sure there's a point to be made by saying he's not him.

Development can most certainly make someone better and in some cases elite. That guy that's going to be his position coach has developed elite talent elsewhere and it's his biggest selling point as a coach. Find them and coach them up, so Jr could most certainly refine his game and get an elite NFL grade when it's all said and done.

You also develop through playing. Getting coaching on different offense you're going to face and how to defend them. The more you see, the more you'll recognize things before the play is even snapped.

Playing early is great and all, if you're ready. If you aren't it can get in your head and set you back a bit for a few different reasons. Nothing wrong with not starting right away and let's be real, he would be going up against 2nd team WR's at Bama that are better than most 1st team receivers across the land. When we were balling, it was routinely said that our practices were harder than playing the games on the schedule. Same with them these days.

Uhh have you seen their DB room compared to ours at the current moment. Why not come here and compete to start right away. I can tell you there's no way in **** he's starting at Bama his first year.
These kids are brainwashed by Bama and could care less if they have 15 db’s y on the roster. They risk starting or even being in the rotation in order to just say they’re playing for Bama. They can’t wait to go back home for summer and spring break with that A all over their gear and it means more to them than actual playing time.
Jarez Parks was a **** 5 star top 5 d end. He took a **** grey shirt his first year and hasn’t started one game yet.
He could’ve walked into at least 6 other top 25 p5 squads and been in the rotation day one.

Wait... So clemson offering 7 months before signing day is aight? Like it said Venables was on the call, not Dabo, no issue there? But Manny needs to call more?

Clemson shows up last to the party and their HC doesn't even call to say hello. According to dummy logic, that program must be a dumpster fire.

Advertisement

You know what is crazy. If he is the goods, goes to any school and balls out, he will be drafted early. It’s that simple.

You know what is crazy. If he is the goods, goes to any school and balls out, he will be drafted early. It’s that simple.
If he goes to Clemson, he could get that “come back for senior year” contract that would allow him to outearn any NFL deal.

Nothing wrong with liking Spells better, but he isn't drawing in the same offers that Jr is. There's a reason for that and only the best in the business can tell you what that is.

He's not Surtain level, I'll agree. Campbell, I thought had a lot of potential, but I didn't value him as much as others myself. Loved the track speed though. Stevenson, really wanted him bad because I felt he could play corner or even safety and really be elite at Safety.

If Bama writers are crystal balling him there and he's getting a call right after a draft pick, I would say there's no doubt he has a commitable offer.
Because his dad is earl little and they are campaigning him as the next great American Heritage Db.

Again we know how elite s.fla dbs look show me his underclass film that is that. We will see this year though....he should hurry and commit to Bama to lock in a spot honestly.

Had he been Earl Little jr at Plantation High his offer list likely is different

Sounds a lot like the Wilson bros that went to UF and got drafted while our DBs are going undrafted. That's my problem with not getting him or others like him. Corners can be effective and not look like Pat Surtain/Tyson Campbell. That's my only issue, we act like we will land elite guys then settle for high 3 star kids.
The Wilson bros would be here..with the current db staff.

We no longer have mike riumph mucking it up we have a guy with a track record.

I just want to lock in guys high on our board

Advertisement
Who cares about playing immediately. It’s about getting to the league. Bama had 4 first round WR’s on the roster 2 years ago. Who’s getting a better workout a guy on Bama going against insert any one of the those 4 every day or Al Blades playing in the ACC since his freshman year.

I get it we’re homers but that doesn’t mean we have to be blind. Bama is the exception. You cannot fault a kid for going to the Saban NFL factory.
Sure practice for a DB at Bama may be tough but I think you may be severely underestimating the value of Al Blades having to face Greentree All Americans Pope and Wiggins since his freshman year

It's pretty obvious the guy is not coming here so why keep posting about him and doing updates???? Our fanbase has to be the absolute softest in college football. I can't imagine other schools boards updating a major UM lean every five minutes
Thank you!!! Move on.

Advertisement
Seems like a good kid. I hope he gives us a legit chance (not holding my breath though). T-Rob/DVD should put us in play as well as the allure of staying home at you dads legacy.
Now if only we can get our head coach on board with helping out and burying the hatchet with his dad

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back