E. Njoku to TE

Advertisement
What does this mean to Mallory and Irvin II?

Evidence a jag or actual contributor?
It means Mallory was not productive worth a **** against Florida. His stat lines are all zeros and he missed a catchable throw. CMD said that **** won't slide no more and they will supplant dead weight with guys who want to go up and get it.

What do you expect the kid to do if he is not going to play here as a WR? Transfer portal? His family probably told him don't be a failure, stay and learn another position and succeed.
Do you really think he has a chance to succeed at TE with that WR body? With his god given gifts he can't even carve out a role as a red zone fade jump ball kind of guy and that is telling. We could have used a guy with that skill set in the opener against UF at the end of the game when the only way we could gain yards was by Pass interference. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

It means Mallory was not productive worth a **** against Florida. His stat lines are all zeros and he missed a catchable throw. CMD said that **** won't slide no more and they will supplant dead weight with guys who want to go up and get it.

So after an entire offseason where they are blowing Mallory for the progress he has made, they see him as dead weight and are cutting bait because he didn't catch a ball in the opener? I have a crazy feeling he may just get another chance this coming week.

Advertisement
I dont think Miami needs another TE. He will need to add weight. What does it say for Irvin, Mallory and the other TE's?

If he can hold on to the ball I think he can be better than Mallory. So far Mallory a Greentree warrior and game day shrinking violet. More depth and competition at TE is not a bad thing right now.

So after an entire offseason where they are blowing Mallory for the progress he has made, they see him as dead weight and are cutting bait because he didn't catch a ball in the opener? I have a crazy feeling he may just get another chance this coming week.
I'm sure he will see the field again soon and I do hope he performs; but you don't move a WR into the TE spot unless you think the status quo is not cutting it. Clearly coaching sees a player deficiency at this position (not Brevin Jordan) and are looking to push Will into producing or looking to push Will down into the depths of the chart to get a guy that will.

So they went to Njoku to show him!?!?

Advertisement
I just want guys who could catch. I really don’t trust anyone catching the ball right now. Osborn Jordan and Thomas are our best catchers and Jordan dropped one and Thomas muffed a punt against Florida. Both catches in the endzone by those two guys were tough ones.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back