E. Njoku to TE

Advertisement
Bust. Move on. Doesn't have the lower half to play TE, and never did.

I guess the absolute optimist's view of this is you can put 40 pounds on him in the next year or two and maybe he contributes by the time he's a senior, but I doubt it.
He weighs about 15lbs less than Mallory right now. Probably not a good blocker, but neither is Brevin, however if he can learn to block downfield like the rest of our WR, he'll be fine at TE.

He's actually bigger than his brother was at this time of his career and his brother still isn't considered a good blocker but is probably top 10-12 TE in the NFL.

So try to remember the game has changed before counting him out at this position.

Could give him a better opportunity to see the field.

Will need to definitely add weight and strength.

Hopefully he'll give us some production down the road.

He weighs about 15lbs less than Mallory right now. Probably not a good blocker, but neither is Brevin, however if he can learn to block downfield like the rest of our WR, he'll be fine at TE.

He's actually bigger than his brother was at this time of his career and his brother still isn't considered a good blocker but is probably top 10-12 TE in the NFL.

So try to remember the game has changed before counting him out at this position.

He and his brother are nowhere near the same player nor athlete. David always had a much bigger lower half. Evidence is a tall, skinny kid. He's got no shot to compete at the position for at least another year or two. He's a tweener. As I said, the best case for him and for the program should be to add 20 pounds, get a lot stronger, learn the position, and maybe compete for a spot in 2021. He's not playing over Jordan or Mallory for this year or next.

Yes, the game has changed. Sadly, he still can't play it.

Advertisement
People called Njoku a tweener when he arrived here in 2017 and they were shunned by Miami homers for not believing he was the next Andre Johnson.

He and his brother are nowhere near the same player nor athlete. David always had a much bigger lower half. Evidence is a tall, skinny kid. He's got no shot to compete at the position for at least another year or two. He's a tweener. As I said, the best case for him and for the program should be to add 20 pounds, get a lot stronger, learn the position, and maybe compete for a spot in 2021. He's not playing over Jordan or Mallory for this year or next.

Yes, the game has changed. Sadly, he still can't play it.
Funny he's a D1 athlete. We'll see where he ends up.

Hopefully he can make an impact, if not this season maybe down the road. Major issue is the TE room is young and loaded

Let’s see if crazy eyes is as good as they say.
2E5137C8-3A4F-4B0A-832F-C3C01950A41C.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back