E. Njoku to TE

Lol you do know catching the ball Is a TEs primary responsibility right? Y’all stay asking if a 220lb receiving TE can block??

I’m sure the coaching staff moved Evidence Njoku to TE after asking themselves “can he block”? 😐

Advertisement
If we ever, EVER had a jump ball WR, TE, or whatever the **** position he plays, it's Njoku. His catch radius extends from Coral Gables, up into Georgia. Personally, I liked him as a matchup problem for average size corners. However, he is also a speed matchup nightmare for LBs. The young man has ability, I just hope we get to see it one day.

I'm for this..... lol

(This may be because of positional need not a skill set. ) * High ceiling*- Smart move!

Advertisement
C'
So they went to Njoku to show him!?!?

Come on--that is disingenuous.

It means Mallory was not productive worth a **** against Florida. His stat lines are all zeros and he missed a catchable throw. CMD said that **** won't slide no more and they will supplant dead weight with guys who want to go up and get it.

I mentioned it earlier and so has CMD in the off season. Manny is not putting up with half-assed effort on the field. Mallory was a no-show game 1.

Does Manny come off as the kind of coach that goes swapping players in and out as a matter of "showing up" players? He doesn't to me. I have to take him at his word that he is going to put the best man on the field to win games. Njoku makes sense if CMD/CDE lost faith in the TE depth chart from bench on down.

Njoku was 6'6" when he signed. I assume he has sprouted another inch or two. Even if "just" 6'6", if you add his catch radius and jumping ability, how is it not automatic to just throw a 10 yard out route to the sideline where he just jumps and high points it? I don't think there is a DB in the country who could jump higher and be a threat to pick the ball. Worst case it's an incomplete pass over his head and out of bounds, but basically no risk of a INT. I just don't see how you could defend that pass, even with a double team.

Advertisement
remember when you'd bring up the possibility of this kid moving to TE and the crayon eaters on this site would act as if you were killing their first born child
What it will be killing is evidence... that boy is no part of his brothers(any of them)build. Hes rail thin while ripped up and hes not physical like that. Yall think Mallory and Mike Jr arent physical well wait till yall see this. It's a match up nightmare for opposing d however when he comes on they'll know it's simply to run a route and try to isolate lb

Advertisement
Laughing at the thought that this has anything to to do with Mallory. Njoku was moved as a 2020 thought process.

You're assuming he wanted to be a TE. Sometimes players need to see the writing on the wall regarding actual playing time for them to be willing to move.

You think Martel wanted to be receiver?
Martell begged the coaches to play receiver once he lost the qb battle.

Know what? I'm not too proud to say congrats to the guys who said this would happen. But I am proud enough to point out that I was right about the other 37 receivers over 6' who didn't get converted to TE. Seriously, next time you're about to start a thread about some HS WR and how he'll get turned into a TE, don't. Just don't do it, you're almost definitely wrong. And annoying, you're annoying. Don't be annoying.

Advertisement
If this allows for us to redshirt Hodges and not have to bring in a 2nd TE in tis class im good for it. Use that schollie on another OL.
I think this is spot on. Mammarelli will be their Inline guy for TE and evidence will be their flex. This is a long game approach and I think your comment about not taking another TE unless Washington wants in is on point

I just hope he can give something in the blocking arena. I means he’s got to at least be able to go in motion and block someone in the box in a few years

How many 6’6 WR are out there? He was always going to be a TE project.

What I want to know is why he did not break into the WR line up? How are we not using him on the outside blocking 5’11 corner on the edge. How are we not using him on the outside for red zone targets? Is he not aggressive enough? He has a couple of years to develop until we will need him to step up in a big way so as not need to rely on Freshman and sophomores again.

Last edited:
It means Mallory was not productive worth a **** against Florida. His stat lines are all zeros and he missed a catchable throw. CMD said that **** won't slide no more and they will supplant dead weight with guys who want to go up and get it.
Negative

I'm sure he will see the field again soon and I do hope he performs; but you don't move a WR into the TE spot unless you think the status quo is not cutting it. Clearly coaching sees a player deficiency at this position (not Brevin Jordan) and are looking to push Will into producing or looking to push Will down into the depths of the chart to get a guy that will.
Or maybe, a player volunteers to move from wide receiver to tight end because he's so buried on the depth chart at receiver, he'll never see the field.

Advertisement
Back