E. Njoku to TE

Advertisement
Bust. Move on. Doesn't have the lower half to play TE, and never did.

I guess the absolute optimist's view of this is you can put 40 pounds on him in the next year or two and maybe he contributes by the time he's a senior, but I doubt it.

I guess the absolute optimist's view of this is you can put 40 pounds on him in the next year or two and maybe he contributes by the time he's a senior, but I doubt it.
I mean, we were all thinking it but you didn't have to be a **** about it 😂

Advertisement

What do you expect the kid to do if he is not going to play here as a WR? Transfer portal? His family probably told him don't be a failure, stay and learn another position and succeed.

remember when you'd bring up the possibility of this kid moving to TE and the crayon eaters on this site would act as if you were killing their first born child

Remember when all you crown eaters see any player over 6'2 you want to automatically throw them at te.

He still isn't a TE
LOL. These dummies think because he’s running some TE routes that he’s going to be lined up next to the Tackle blocking people.

This dude is going to be split out running pass routes. In fact, if he gets on the field, people wouldn’t even know he was a TE if they weren’t told that he’s practicing with the TEs.

Advertisement
LOL @ everybody thinking he's going to be a traditional TE.

He's a Flex out WR that will cause mismatches in the seam vs a LB/S in coverage.

He will NOT play with his hand in the dirt on the LOS like a TE, he still has that thin wiry frame & doesn't have the lower body strength to be a consistent blocker.

He's a Red Zone matchup nightmare because of his NBA size wingspan & insane catch radius, jump ball fades & quick slants inside the 5 all day.

But he still needs to add way more weight & core strength to his frame to be a TE in the way yall want him to be.

What do you expect the kid to do if he is not going to play here as a WR? Transfer portal? His family probably told him don't be a failure, stay and learn another position and succeed.

I didn't say for him to move on. I said for fans to move on. He won't be a factor here, unfortunately. Too much of a tweener.

I'm not counting a Njoku out but the reports on him haven't been good since he got here. This seems more a like a last chance to contribute move more than anything.

Advertisement
Still never understood why we offered him in the first place, then skipped his younger brother. There's a lot of things that didn't make sense under Golden though.

I'm not counting a Njoku out but the reports on him haven't been good since he got here. This seems more a like a last chance to contribute move more than anything.
Wasn’t dmoney saying njoku was getting rave reviews in fall camp last year? I still Think njoku is talented, he just got to keep working at his craft

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wasn’t dmoney saying njoku was getting rave reviews in fall camp last year? I still Think Njoju is talented, he just got to keep working at his craft

He had that one highlight catch last year in the off season then got injured. Since than it's been mostly reports about him needed to focus and be consistent. He certainly isn't an every down TE now or soon, but he could develop himself into a redzone threat/flex TE down the line. Too much talent ahead of him at either position this year.

0B8F3EDD-E8A0-40DC-86AA-718787D79612 (1).jpeg

I have no faith in our staff on offense but this is likely what's best for him so ****it.

If you can't crack the rotation at one of our least productive units (WR) then it's time to try something new.

One of if not the biggest weapon we have on offense.... redzone threat i like to see enos use him this season.

Advertisement
Back