2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

Yes to first part of question. "It depends" on second. Ordinarily no. However, I can think of a situation where a loss would be more entertaining than a win (not better, just more entertaining). Let's say UM is 4-7 going into the final game of the season and playing another 4-7 team. We're both ineligible win or lose. Am I going to be happy after 14-12 win to a garbage opponent? I am not going to feel any exhilaration. Probably only feeling will be relief knowing that there is a team worse than us. Now let's say UM is 10-1 and is going into Tuscaloosa. We lose a 48-45 game in triple overtime. I would have enjoyed that game a lot more than the 14-12 stinker. And I would be happy that even though we lost, it showed we were really close, we're probably going to get an ultra elite recruiting class because recruits will be impressed , and I have a reason to care about next year because we might be good enough to beat a team of that caliber next time around. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that we actually move UP in the rankings after a very close loss to a top opponent, or at least don't drop a spot.

So I think that is legit scenario where a close loss to a top opponent would be more entertaining than a low scoring, error filled win over a terrible opponent.

So I agree to the point that we need to win games and the ones we lose especially against the better teams need to be close competitive losses and not blowouts this season.

Wln the games you should win and the ones your not favored in don’t get blown out and be ultra competitive

Advertisement
"Who would be your first call?" I'm gonna jump in just for the **** of it.

IF we hit that point, I hope we go straight to Lane Kiffin, who would hire Frost as OC and Jimmy Lake as DC.

Our coaches would show up hungover to media days, they'd bang coeds and they'd fight players, all while talking **** about UF on twitter. And that's before they commit recruiting violations.

**** winning. If we reach the point where we need to hire Mario's replacement, let's just burn the whole thing down. The media wants to hate us? Well.. I say let's give them a reason.
So…… art briles, then?

Advertisement
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

IMG_0547.jpeg

Coach Mario Cristobal
is a great Recruiter and leader, and motivator, I would not count him out with any BIG FISH , much respect to him ,like i said !

Richt also was the victim of an admin that didn’t give a ****. Sending him out on the trail with a butter knife in a gun fight.

We know he could recruit when he had the backing like at UGA. That Dabo Interview when Richt landed Gurley and Marshall was epic.

Dude had to put up his own money for the IPF for ***** sake.
I don’t think people realize how out of touch and apathetic the athletic department was.

Now I don’t know if that was a result of their incompetence or just the reality that they weren’t given the funds to actually create a competitive athletic department.

Likely both.

In the latest Miami Flo they interviewed someone who’s been covering sofla youth football and he stated that a former um coach told him “do you know how hard it is to recruit at the university of Miami?

The staff sizes and the help other schools receive dwarfed UM.
We kept wondering why we kept whiffing and blamed coaches. Looking back and hearing what former coaches and players have said it’s amazing we even got some of the dudes we did over the past 10-15 years.

Last year we kept hearing recruits say “I had no idea UM was like this”.
We kept thinking it was in relation to facilities and it’s actually much more than that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Literally has zero to do whether I think anyone there is a good recruiter or not, and entirely rests on the fact that it’d be choosing South Carolina. That’s my only point - that I’d never pick these wack *** places to live if I had every option under the sun.
South Carolina is second only to Florida as a state.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back