2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

2019 was 27th, not 17th.

2020 was also 17th, not 11th.

Not sure where you got these numbers from, but they're wrong.

I was looking at the 247 rankings not the composite.

Point still stands. The class rankings weren't THAT significantly different than what Harbaugh had when he got to Michigan.

And we play in the ACC where we've signed a top 3 class every year for over a decade. How many times have we fielded a top 3 team in the ACC? We shouldn't be competing with the bottom dwellers like GT, Duke, WF, Pitt, etc who don't even sign top 50 classes.

Advertisement

I was looking at the 247 rankings not the composite.

Point still stands. The class rankings weren't THAT significantly different than what Harbaugh had when he got to Michigan.

And we play in the ACC where we've signed a top 3 class every year for over a decade. How many times have we fielded a top 3 team in the ACC? We shouldn't be competing with the bottom dwellers like GT, Duke, WF, Pitt, etc who don't even sign top 50 classes.

We've done less with more for 2 decades. No argument there.

Yeah man, I was just biting on the hypothetical someone presented. Dog days of summer, some debate ain’t bad. We need camp to start lol
Absolutely. Unfortunately here if you provide fuel you set off a bonfire. This conversation next year is entirely different. But before you even start camp for year 2...

Why the **** are you guys hypothetically discussing Mario's job security in a forum about recruiting?
sarcastic willy wonka GIF

Advertisement
To me it depends how damaged it is coming in. Every situation is different. We been like the Knicks for years it ain't going to be some quick fix imo. Maybe it is but time will tell, I'm ok with rushing it though. I got my expectations pretty low cause of that roster build up by last staph. So for me I'm not as upset as others cause it was something that was logical to me that we would lose. I felt like I paid attention during Manny and posted no matter who came in that first year will lose. Just my opinion on it and how I see it, and how I manage to not let cane football destroy my mood.
IMG_0534.gif

Like I said, funny how it works one way. UM is built on local recruiting. You have zero evidence any of those recruits would have committed elsewhere if they could have taken visits. If you are going to make up a story and say that a bunch would have gone to different schools then I will make up an equally bullish!t story and claim we would have replaced the kids who went elsewhere with OOS kids. There are lots of valid reasons to criticize Diaz, but I see no need to make up fake narratives and claim that Diaz only landed the #11 class due to covid.

He basically had two years that he had full responsibility for recruiting (2019 I can't fairly say what's his and what was Richts). The class average (in other words, the overall quality of the class ) was 90.05 in 2020 and 90.73 in 2021. That is a insignificant difference in the class average between a non covid year and a covid year.

Diaz wasn't a particularly good [BGCOLOR=initial]recruiter yet he still averaged a low 4 star class in back to back years. Is that impressive? Not really. A half retarded monkey could recruit a low 4 star class to UM. That's a big reason why I preferred an Xs and Os coach, even a mediocre recruiter could get a low 4 star class, but he will be able to get the most talent out of it. If paying a "program builder" like Cristobal - who isn't particularly good at Xs and Os - 8 million per year, then I have much higher expectations than a low 4 star class (I don't care as much about class rank, since that depends a lot on how other schools are recruiting in a particular year). [/BGCOLOR]
There absolutely is proof for both and two your overall hatred of Mario has you conflating points that not only was I not arguing but I agree with. At best you have me on an example of correlation vs causation. I agreed with the statement that COVID got Manny a top 11 class. There are two reasons he got the #11 class and that was Leonard Taylor a 5 star DT and James Williams. The rest of the class was as you put it a typical Miami class and if those two are replaced by two recruits closer to a .90 average the class is the typical Miami class of around or just below 15. Historically speaking Miami rarely ever gets these local elite players, especially a 5 DT and a Safety the SEC was interested in. These werent just 5 stars, they were 5 stars in the upper half of that range. Once again, guys we dont typically land locally and ones we sure as **** never land OOS.

Now what was different? COVID ****ed everything up. Every year when it comes to the local elites, there is a local draw but every year it is shattered when kids would go visit and got to see our program just doesnt hold up and then there are the BAGS. Rattler mentioned that Miami couldnt even tell Ty Campbell where he would dorm his freshman year it was so dysfunctional and amateur. COVID prevented the SEC and bag schools to ever get involved that year. Now as I stated, at best you have me at the causation vs corrallation angle, but for some reason we landed two players we never land that cycle which tremendously upped our ranking.

The other small thing to address is that average you talked about. While it isnt a massive gap, that 90.73 vs 90.05 average is not insignificant. Our average with LT and J20 that year is 89.91. To move up nearly even .67 in average is hardly insignificant, and you are watching that with our average right now. We added 3 top 100 player this month in a class of less than 20 and still moved up less than 2 points.

Lastly, I am 100% in agreement that this class right now is not impressive and we should have much higher expectations if we are spending 8MM per. If FSU or UF had this class right now, we would be laughing hysterically. Fortunately its only July and we have time, but yes the class as constructed right now puts into question just how good of a recruiter Mario actually is.

Last edited:
Like I said, funny how it works one way. UM is built on local recruiting. You have zero evidence any of those recruits would have committed elsewhere if they could have taken visits. If you are going to make up a story and say that a bunch would have gone to different schools then I will make up an equally bullish!t story and claim we would have replaced the kids who went elsewhere with OOS kids. There are lots of valid reasons to criticize Diaz, but I see no need to make up fake narratives and claim that Diaz only landed the #11 class due to covid.

He basically had two years that he had full responsibility for recruiting (2019 I can't fairly say what's his and what was Richts). The class average (in other words, the overall quality of the class ) was 90.05 in 2020 and 90.73 in 2021. That is a insignificant difference in the class average between a non covid year and a covid year.

Diaz wasn't a particularly good [BGCOLOR=initial]recruiter yet he still averaged a low 4 star class in back to back years. Is that impressive? Not really. A half retarded monkey could recruit a low 4 star class to UM. That's a big reason why I preferred an Xs and Os coach, even a mediocre recruiter could get a low 4 star class, but he will be able to get the most talent out of it. If paying a "program builder" like Cristobal - who isn't particularly good at Xs and Os - 8 million per year, then I have much higher expectations than a low 4 star class (I don't care as much about class rank, since that depends a lot on how other schools are recruiting in a particular year). [/BGCOLOR]
Good stuff

Tough part is take a look at that 2021 class

Dude. It’s a train wreck. That type of thing has been happening for too long around here. I say this all the time but as much as people want to claim our guys get dropped in the rankings, it’s kinda bull**** too. Our guys are constantly overrated by recruiting services. It’s a trend going back a long time.

OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK

Advertisement
Good stuff

Tough part is take a look at that 2021 class

Dude. It’s a train wreck. That type of thing has been happening for too long around here. I say this all the time but as much as people want to claim our guys get dropped in the rankings, it’s kinda bull**** too. Our guys are constantly overrated by recruiting services. It’s a trend going back a long time.

OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK

Yeah this should be your rising junior class, you signed 23 kids, and you have maybe 4 starters and your kicker. I believe more than half the class is gone 29 months after the ink dried.

Advertisement
Yeah this should be your rising junior class, you signed 23 kids, and you have maybe 4 starters and your kicker. I believe more than half the class is gone 29 months after the ink dried.
Thank god for Kam Kinchens is all I’m gonna say

A team desperate for leadership emerging and talent developing got basically none of that other than him, though Arroyo, Taylor, JW have flashed potential

Advertisement
I stand corrected. After checking it was ALL in this thread over and over. Point has always been stop coming up with some master plan that at this point in time doesn't exist. Let the man live. We gonna be just fine. Whether y'all agree with it or not that's just what it is. Yes Mario and the program has a standard we wanna redeveloped. Their needs to be pride in this program again. He's the one who will create it. So give him time.
A topic which doesn’t get mentioned enough.

There absolutely is proof for both and two your overall hatred of Mario has you conflating points that not only was I not arguing but I agree with. At best you have me on an example of correlation vs causation. I agreed with the statement that COVID got Manny a top 11 class. There are two reasons he got the #11 class and that was Leonard Taylor a 5 star DT and James Williams. The rest of the class was as you put it a typical Miami class and if those two are replaced by two recruits closer to a .90 average the class is the typical Miami class of around or just below 15. Historically speaking Miami rarely ever gets these local elite players, especially a 5 DT and a Safety the SEC was interested in. These werent just 5 stars, they were 5 stars in the upper half of that range. Once again, guys we dont typically land locally and ones we sure as **** never land OOS.

Now what was different? COVID ****ed everything up. Every year when it comes to the local elites, there is a local draw but every year it is shattered when kids would go visit and got to see our program just doesnt hold up and then there are the BAGS. Rattler mentioned that Miami couldnt even tell Ty Campbell where he would dorm his freshman year it was so dysfunctional and amateur. COVID prevented the SEC and bag schools to ever get involved that year. Now as I stated, at best you have me at the causation vs corrallation angle, but for some reason we landed two players we never land that cycle which tremendously upped our ranking.

The other small thing to address is that average you talked about. While it isnt a massive gap, that 90.73 vs 90.05 average is not insignificant. Our average with LT and J20 that year is 89.91. To move up nearly even .67 in average is hardly insignificant, and you are watching that with our average right now. We added 3 top 100 player this month in a class of less than 20 and still moved up less than 2 points.

Lastly, I am 100% in agreement that this class right now is not impressive and we should have much higher expectations if we are spending 8MM per. If FSU or UF had this class right now, we would be laughing hysterically. Fortunately its only July and we have time, but yes the class as constructed right now puts into question just how good of a recruiter Mario actually is.
Facts

Advertisement
Back