2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Funny how it only works one way. You say Diaz got lucky that kids couldn't visit other schools. The OOS recruits freezing their balls off up north weren't able to visit Miami either. The weather in S Fl and living in a major city instead of some cowtown with a crappy state college has always been a factor in recruiting. [BGCOLOR=initial] Covid hurt UM as much as it helped. [/BGCOLOR]
That is evidenced by Manny’s OOS recruiting prowess in previous years… Manny was pitiful at recruiting, he 100% benefited from COVID because SFLA is one of the richest if not richest recruiting grounds in the nation.

Advertisement
That is evidenced by Manny’s OOS recruiting prowess in previous years… Manny was pitiful at recruiting, he 100% benefited from COVID because SFLA is one of the richest if not richest recruiting grounds in the nation.

Like I said, funny how it works one way. UM is built on local recruiting. You have zero evidence any of those recruits would have committed elsewhere if they could have taken visits. If you are going to make up a story and say that a bunch would have gone to different schools then I will make up an equally bullish!t story and claim we would have replaced the kids who went elsewhere with OOS kids. There are lots of valid reasons to criticize Diaz, but I see no need to make up fake narratives and claim that Diaz only landed the #11 class due to covid.

He basically had two years that he had full responsibility for recruiting (2019 I can't fairly say what's his and what was Richts). The class average (in other words, the overall quality of the class ) was 90.05 in 2020 and 90.73 in 2021. That is a insignificant difference in the class average between a non covid year and a covid year.

Diaz wasn't a particularly good [BGCOLOR=initial]recruiter yet he still averaged a low 4 star class in back to back years. Is that impressive? Not really. A half retarded monkey could recruit a low 4 star class to UM. That's a big reason why I preferred an Xs and Os coach, even a mediocre recruiter could get a low 4 star class, but he will be able to get the most talent out of it. If paying a "program builder" like Cristobal - who isn't particularly good at Xs and Os - 8 million per year, then I have much higher expectations than a low 4 star class (I don't care as much about class rank, since that depends a lot on how other schools are recruiting in a particular year). [/BGCOLOR]

Last edited:
Like I said, funny how it works one way. UM is built on local recruiting. You have zero evidence any of those recruits would have committed elsewhere if they could have taken visits. If you are going to make up a story and say that a bunch would have gone to different schools then I will make up an equally bullish!t story and claim we would have replaced the kids who went elsewhere with OOS kids. There are lots of valid reasons to criticize Diaz, but I see no need to make up fake narratives and claim that Diaz only landed the #11 class due to covid.

He basically had two years that he had full responsibility for recruiting (2019 I can't fairly say what's his and what was Richts). The class average (in other words, the overall quality of the class ) was 90.05 in 2020 and 90.73 in 2021. That is a insignificant difference in the class average between a non covid year and a covid year.

Diaz wasn't a particularly good [BGCOLOR=initial]recruiter yet he still averaged a low 4 star class in back to back years. Is that impressive? Not really. A half retarded monkey could recruit a low 4 star class to UM. That's a big reason why I preferred an Xs and Os coach, even a mediocre recruiter could get a low 4 star class, but he will be able to get the most talent out of it. If paying a "program builder" like Cristobal - who isn't particularly good at Xs and Os - 8 million per year, then I have much higher expectations than a low 4 star class (I don't care as much about class rank, since that depends a lot on how other schools are recruiting in a particular year). [/BGCOLOR]
Well said. Couldn’t agree more.

For UM to get an ROI on 8Ms (+ another 2-4 for staff) the average class should be what UM did last year. Which I think it could be if his coordinators don’t **** the bed again.

Advertisement
Well said. Couldn’t agree more.

For UM to get an ROI on 8Ms (+ another 2-4 for staff) the average class should be what UM did last year. Which I think it could be if his coordinators don’t **** the bed again.
Do you really need someone to just agree with you so you can cut it out? From one thread to the other all you're doing is *****ing about Mario and where we should be atleast 2-3 years down the line... You really that desperate to be right that you'll just **** all over the man now? Is life that bad... Jesus man just relax and let him work. You've said it all over and over and it's clear ur stance. Thank you.

We eat our own young , soon these drums also will beat again for coach L

It’s impossible to be a formidable team when you fire your coaches every (2) years .
Soon Miami will be labeled the greatest get rich scheme for coach in CFB.

Sign with Miami for millions a year for 3-5 years get fired go to another team get paid while Miami continues paying you after you leave.

WHAT TREMENDOUS DEAL WE OFFER.

Soon we’ll be paying many coaches while their playing coaching against us LOLOLOLOL

GOCANES

Advertisement
Do you really need someone to just agree with you so you can cut it out? From one thread to the other all you're doing is *****ing about Mario and where we should be atleast 2-3 years down the line... You really that desperate to be right that you'll just **** all over the man now? Is life that bad... Jesus man just relax and let him work. You've said it all over and over and it's clear ur stance. Thank you.
One thread to the other? C’mon now, don’t over exaggerate. I was on topic with questions asked in this thread before I posted.

Now Im not allowed to agree with another poster? Chill out. It ain’t that deep.

My thing is like let's say our roster had a 4 star lb for example. Everyone would have high expectations for that player back then. But we would get that lb like 6'1 210, although a 4 star that ain't a good start. Now MC bringing in high ranked lb's that are like 6'3 230 coming in and missiles. Just a different breed of player and the eye test like @JHallCanes is what I am about this season. It's a different breed of 4 and 5 stars we are after across every position since MC got here.
Sooooooo year 3 is when wins and losses matter?

#Wincolumematters

Michigan was damaged (20-18 the three years before Harbaugh arrived). Yet Harbaugh still went 20-6 his first two seasons.. The great coaches turn it around quickly. Mario is being paid like a great coach, and I believe he is a great coach, so Im going to hold him to great standards.
MICHIGAN was still signing Top 10-15 classes werent they? **** they even took DENNARD ROBINSON from down here. Before Harbaugh got there. So yeah there was a BIG TALENT DIFFERENTIAL between the 2 programs.

Advertisement
MICHIGAN was still signing Top 10-15 classes werent they? **** they even took DENNARD ROBINSON from down here. Before Harbaugh got there. So yeah there was a BIG TALENT DIFFERENTIAL between the 2 programs.
I’d give my opinion but that’s frowned upon 🤣

One thread to the other? C’mon now, don’t over exaggerate. I was on topic with questions asked in this thread before I posted.

Now Im not allowed to agree with another poster? Chill out. It ain’t that deep.
I stand corrected. After checking it was ALL in this thread over and over. Point has always been stop coming up with some master plan that at this point in time doesn't exist. Let the man live. We gonna be just fine. Whether y'all agree with it or not that's just what it is. Yes Mario and the program has a standard we wanna redeveloped. Their needs to be pride in this program again. He's the one who will create it. So give him time.

Advertisement
Our previous 6 class rankings are:

(Edit these are 247 rankings, not composite)

2022- 13
2021- 11
2020- 11
2019-17
2018-8
2017-12

That's an average of 12th.

Last edited:
Sooooooo year 3 is when wins and losses matter?

#Wincolumematters
To me it depends how damaged it is coming in. Every situation is different. We been like the Knicks for years it ain't going to be some quick fix imo. Maybe it is but time will tell, I'm ok with rushing it though. I got my expectations pretty low cause of that roster build up by last staph. So for me I'm not as upset as others cause it was something that was logical to me that we would lose. I felt like I paid attention during Manny and posted no matter who came in that first year will lose. Just my opinion on it and how I see it, and how I manage to not let cane football destroy my mood.

I stand corrected. After checking it was ALL in this thread over and over. Point has always been stop coming up with some master plan that at this point in time doesn't exist. Let the man live. We gonna be just fine. Whether y'all agree with it or not that's just what it is. Yes Mario and the program has a standard we wanna redeveloped. Their needs to be pride in this program again. He's the one who will create it. So give him time.
Yeah man, I was just biting on the hypothetical someone presented. Dog days of summer, some debate ain’t bad. We need camp to start lol

Advertisement
Back