2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

Advertisement
Manny was lazy and that was best showcased through his recruiting. You are 100% that we were scared of even going after the big boys unless we had an in like Flowe or some local kids. The real issue was that we did nothing to offset those deficiencies. The boards were a joke and had no depth to them. We missed on our first and second targets and our third or fourth targets were G5 level players. With Mario our boards are not only deeper but the quality is infinitely better. We miss on our first 4 guys, and we have, and 5-10 is still better than what we were signing under Manny.
Facts

I am not sure I'd call richt a failed regime. He won 19 games his first two years and the games we lost tended to be games when Manny was destroyed by a good OC. His last year, I was super critical but you could see something was off. Richt did give us infrastructure we lacked.

As far as Manny, Temple was not necessarily a dead end job for a first year coach. Other coaches have turned that job into a spring board recently.

Manny is a fraud. He is also a super lazy recruiter and insecure. I always say, hes like a guy who won a coach for a day contest. hes not a football guy, hes more a video game guy. his insecurity also made him want to be friends with the players, not their boss.
Manny was lazy and that was best showcased through his recruiting. You are 100% that we were scared of even going after the big boys unless we had an in like Flowe or some local kids. The real issue was that we did nothing to offset those deficiencies. The boards were a joke and had no depth to them. We missed on our first and second targets and our third or fourth targets were G5 level players. With Mario our boards are not only deeper but the quality is infinitely better. We miss on our first 4 guys, and we have, and 5-10 is still better than what we were signing under Manny.
Best Assessment of the Diaz Debacle I’ve seen.

Just need to let the process play out and hope the kids can build a genuine sense of pride in their team & themselves. Everything else will take care of itself.

Advertisement
Rhict was getting bodied on the trail for big time blue chip. I wanted him gone as well badly. Very nice guy though and I did like him as a person. But the recruiting for me the late closes he got smacked a lot. So I knew he wouldn't win so he stepped down and my number one not to for was MD. And UM does what UM does hired a scrub. Years later I was right about everything I said. Your welcome

But I got to enjoy UM again cause of MR so I respect that. He did a lot for us wish him the best.

Rhict was getting bodied on the trail for big time blue chip. I wanted him gone as well badly. Very nice guy though and I did like him as a person. But the recruiting for me the late closes he got smacked a lot. So I knew he wouldn't win so he stepped down and my number one not to for was MD. And UM does what UM does hired a scrub. Years later I was right about everything I said. Your welcome

But I got to enjoy UM again cause of MR so I respect that. He did a lot for us wish him the best.
Richt also was the victim of an admin that didn’t give a ****. Sending him out on the trail with a butter knife in a gun fight.

We know he could recruit when he had the backing like at UGA. That Dabo Interview when Richt landed Gurley and Marshall was epic.

Dude had to put up his own money for the IPF for ***** sake.

Richt also was the victim of an admin that didn’t give a ****. Sending him out on the trail with a butter knife in a gun fight.

We know he could recruit when he had the backing like at UGA. That Dabo Interview when Richt landed Gurley and Marshall was epic.

Richt was actually recruiting decent enough until our offense under his son was exposed and in turn SR was exposed and then it was a wrap.

Advertisement
Richt was actually recruiting decent enough until our offense under his son was exposed and in turn SR was exposed and then it was a wrap.
Pretty much every positive moment we’ve had the last 20 years were under his watch, as sad as that is

Golden did beat UiF though even if Driskell is the one that really beat them 😂

You’re not getting “bodied” when the playing field isn’t the same.

Facts I can't take that away from him

Advertisement
Advertisement
It was the weirdest cycle ever. No real OVs and depending on where you were from, it was the end of the world that first 9 months.
Hopefully it pays off in a big way for us this year. Kam has been the guy but big seasons from Taylor, JW, Arroyo etc

Also, holy ****…if you’re looking to lose a few pounds from the weekend throwing up and losing your appetite, check out the attrition from that 2021 class that was ranked 11

On track to be the biggest flop to date

Last edited:
Hopefully it pays off in a big way for us this year. Kam has been the guy but big seasons from Taylor, JW, Arroyo etc

Also, holy ****…if you’re looking to lose a few pounds from the weekend throwing up and losing your appetite, check out the attrition from that 2021 class that was ranked 11

On track to be the biggest flop to date
Yeah its bad not only attrition but overall evals as well.

literally the only reason he got top 11 class is because of COVID.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Funny how it only works one way. You say Diaz got lucky that kids couldn't visit other schools. The OOS recruits freezing their balls off up north weren't able to visit Miami either. The weather in S Fl and living in a major city, instead of some hillbilly cowtown with a crappy state college, has always been a factor in recruiting. [BGCOLOR=initial] Covid hurt UM as much as it helped. [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
Back