2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s the thing, Wilfong has actually maintained that we will have a top 10 class throughout all of this.
ehhh pre mario we always flirted around the top 10 range. The way I see it, if the "show it on the field and I will come" crowd is true, then we should be shooting realistically for top 7. Anything below that IMO means 1. we did not have a good read on these kids; or 2. we had a bad season. Either outcome would be troubling.

ehhh pre mario we always flirted around the top 10 range. The way I see it, if the "show it on the field and I will come" crowd is true, then we should be shooting realistically for top 7. Anything below that IMO means 1. we did not have a good read on these kids; or 2. we had a bad season. Either outcome would be troubling.
Sure but rarely got top 10. Also when I say top 10 I mean top 10 as in 1-10, it can be 7, near the top it can get tight on who takes what spot. Look at last year, Cormani was the different between 4 and 7.

Sure but rarely got top 10. Also when I say top 10 I mean top 10 as in 1-10, it can be 7, near the top it can get tight on who takes what spot. Look at last year, Cormani was the different between 4 and 7.
Agreed. I was just saying recent history I believe 2017 we were #12, 2018 #8, 2019 #17 BUT that was the year we were self-anointed portal kings. Took a smaller HS class and took Chigozi Nnoruka, Asa Martin, Tate Martell, JP15, Hill, Bolden, Osborne, 2020 #11, 2021 #11 (not counting '22 because that was a nightmare class Mario saved at the end)

Basically saying before we hired Mario, we recruited around a top 10 level and didnt get top 25 results. Mario was brought in for this, when he signed on we were talking top 5 regularly, now I dont want to see the goal posts shift, Mario is gunning for the #1 class, it is who he is but to me the difference between the #9 class and #1-3 are like the difference between a WR running a 4.3 and a 4.6 at the combine, like yeah its only .3 or only 6 spots below but in actuality that is a world of difference.

I do think Mario gets us there, I think he has some surprises, he always does. Citizen, Moss, Skinner, Francis, Fletcher, Collins Acheampoong, I expect this year to be no different and I like where we are at with Stewart.

Agreed. I was just saying recent history I believe 2017 we were #12, 2018 #8, 2019 #17 BUT that was the year we were self-anointed portal kings. Took a smaller HS class and took Chigozi Nnoruka, Asa Martin, Tate Martell, JP15, Hill, Bolden, Osborne, 2020 #11, 2021 #11 (not counting '22 because that was a nightmare class Mario saved at the end)

Basically saying before we hired Mario, we recruited around a top 10 level and didnt get top 25 results. Mario was brought in for this, when he signed on we were talking top 5 regularly, now I dont want to see the goal posts shift, Mario is gunning for the #1 class, it is who he is but to me the difference between the #9 class and #1-3 are like the difference between a WR running a 4.3 and a 4.6 at the combine, like yeah its only .3 or only 6 spots below but in actuality that is a world of difference.

I do think Mario gets us there, I think he has some surprises, he always does. Citizen, Moss, Skinner, Francis, Fletcher, Collins Acheampoong, I expect this year to be no different and I like where we are at with Stewart.
I would agree that’s why top 10 is a blanket statement on purpose. Last year we were #7 but we had a score of 284. 2018 ended up being a bust but it was a great class. On the other hand 17 might have been 12 but the score was only 250. Even 21 which was ranked 11 was only a 267. When I say top 10 I mean that we should have a score of 280 or higher.

Advertisement
U can minimize that to just reason #1. Mario rarely gets fooled on the trail.

Definitely agree on that last part

Just from the outside looking in Mario seems to have a very specific process. We saw it with how he handled coaching changes, how he handled the portal, how he handles recruiting

It’s almost like it’s broken up into specific phases while acknowledging none of it ever stops, just rotates priorities

So he’s all in on the summer recruiting now and the chips will fall where they may

Then like last year I think we see a lot of new names pop up during the season because he will be prioritizing a different crop of kids that have different timelines. Some kids want to be done before the season starts, some want it going right up until signing day etc

Dunno if that makes sense or not but everything he does seems very purposeful (not saying it always works)

Advertisement
Stewart, Scott, Breland
Agreed and maybe it’s just me but I feel pretty decent on Franklin…

Those four…that’s the best D-line class in the country. At worst top 2. Throw in Artavius Jones and another edge guy (I don’t think 5 interior scares anyone off other than Russell which is fine, and Franklin seems like he can line up anywhere on the LOS).

Advertisement
Back