Duke

Every team goes thru games like this where everything went wrong.tomorrow s another day.one thing I have noticed is when they do make a mistake this team seems to dwell on it.and like tonight it snowballed into a blowout.

Well I do agree with you that teams do have bad games, it’s baseball and a very long season. But 74 errors in 55 games us just unacceptable. They can smash the ball with anybody in the country. The problem is they field the ball like the Bad News Bears. It really is like watching a clown show in the field.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Bottom line is if we can't win a series against a middle of the pack team like Duke, then we don't deserve to host. We should be running circles around the guys instead we play down and below them.

Did you major in cliches in college?

I can't wait to see the next "urgency" post.

Nice to see Piccolo white-knighting after every abomination. Someone has to come in to save Gino since CT and canesproponent disappear after losses.

Advertisement
Nice to see Piccolo white-knighting after every abomination. Someone has to come in to save Gino since CT and canesproponent disappear after losses.

Still with this.

So you claim that I only come around after wins but now it's the opposite.

Seems to me that you don't have a firm grasp of what's going on.

You show up to save Gino, that's what you do. When it's after a win, it's because someone was negative during the game, so you have to do your "you don't even follow the team" schtick. After a loss like this, Gino needs to be rescued, so you attack posts instead of talk baseball.

I'm just glad that we gave the keys to Gali and Tackett so that 2019 would certainly have no experience or leadership.

I was pretty happy with what McKendry showed before tiring near his pitch count. Otherwise, the only positive is that we lost by so much that we saved Federman and Veliz. Have to hope to get four good innings out of McMahon and that Keysor and Cook can bridge to the backend tomorrow.

I am hoping for 5 innings out of McMahon assuming he is as sharp as he was last outing - I heard he was on a longer leash today. Need this game badly, but I believe the Committee will understand that we've gone on this current run without our Friday and Saturday night starters.

Despite the sloppy defense, this team has certainly exceeded my expectations from the start of the year. Let's hope the bats come alive today and we jump on them early.

Down to #19 in the RPI and have been jumped by Carolina. Need to win tomorrow and win our pool to be guaranteed to host. We need to host, or I don’t like our chances with this bullpen to get out of a regional

If we get caught up in some weird cluster of tied teams, the fact that we lost the series to UNC and NC State won't help.

Advertisement
I believe the Committee will understand that we've gone on this current run without our Friday and Saturday night starters.

I don't think they put a whole lot of stock in injury reports. They look at the RPI and W-L data in front of them.

You show up to save Gino, that's what you do. When it's after a win, it's because someone was negative during the game, so you have to do your "you don't even follow the team" schtick. After a loss like this, Gino needs to be rescued, so you attack posts instead of talk baseball.

I post common sense because it rarely exists on this forum. Also, I never once mentioned Gino or even intimated anything about him.

You seem obsessed with this to the point of ignoring common sense.

It is a good thing the team played the game with "no urgency". Have to laugh at some of the posts on here during the game.

This board has some of the dumbest analysis this side of the gameday board.

I'd like to know how these geniuses measure urgency in the 5th inning of a baseball game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tomorrow's game will not only decide if we get the #4 seed in the ACC Tournament, but it will play a huge role in whether we host in the NCAA Tournament. NC State beat UNC today. If we lose tomorrow and NC State wins, the may wind up hosting as of now they are projected as a 2 seed.
Good point. With a loss today, we will need to go at least 2-1 in Durham

Advertisement
Back