Duke

Advertisement
If they don't come out with their hair on fire tomorrow we'll know these kids are just not ready.

Lmao....Man, that just had me reminisce about CaneDynasty.
Hey what happened to my favorite avatar bro? My alltime fave.
New board, I'll oblige. Better than watching this crap show.

3375.jpg.gif

Advertisement
Yah. They seem to have quiet leaders. Need those vocal leaders. This team is capable of going far in the postseason, but they need to demand excellence and perform to a standard of Canes baseball.
Agreed, and like JB going off about, that should be part of this growing up. Somebody has to make it 10000% clear that bad news bears crap ain't gonna cut it come tourney time, and hold each player accountable, ain't no free passes at this stage. Got to cut that crap out or snowball effect happens in the tourney.

Agreed, and like JB going off about, that should be part of this growing up. Somebody has to make it 10000% clear that bad news bears crap ain't gonna cut it come tourney time, and hold each player accountable, ain't no free passes at this stage. Got to cut that crap out or snowball effect happens in the tourney.
Bottom line is if we can't win a series against a middle of the pack team like Duke, then we don't deserve to host. We should be running circles around the guys instead we play down and below them.

Advertisement
Facts right there.
All on this team should understand that they are very talented...have proven to be a near top 10 team....so buckle down and get busy.
Show that you belong.....

I was pretty happy with what McKendry showed before tiring near his pitch count. Otherwise, the only positive is that we lost by so much that we saved Federman and Veliz. Have to hope to get four good innings out of McMahon and that Keysor and Cook can bridge to the backend tomorrow.

Advertisement
What makes me ill is that we can look elite at times and then look so mediocre like tonght
One of the worst games where we didn't pitch well, field well, or hit well. Usually this team has done at least 1 of 3 well. Not tonight. All has been bad.

Guess what, that's the downside of any young team. No matter the level or sport, a ton of youth tends to lead to inconsistency. You hope that some guys manage to have the light come on early, but unfortunately that isn't always the case. Experience tends to keep people grounded, and with that, approaching the game the right way. When young teams experience success, it can be bad at times, because of the inability for young guys to handle it. It's a bad loss, but let's stop acting like this team hasn't made significant progress this year.

Down to #19 in the RPI and have been jumped by Carolina. Need to win tomorrow and win our pool to be guaranteed to host. We need to host, or I don’t like our chances with this bullpen to get out of a regional

Advertisement
Interesting and blunt (about himself most of all) from Gino

I think based on that he probably lit into the team, that is the way all my old managers/coaches did it. Come out take the heat and then start slapping the players around lol. Hope he broke a bat or two.

Every team goes thru games like this where everything went wrong.tomorrow s another day.one thing I have noticed is when they do make a mistake this team seems to dwell on it.and like tonight it snowballed into a blowout.

I'm trying to keep perspective, I would take two of three, but that egg LN really stunk. I thought they were hitting their stride at the right time a few weeks ago, but now there's the real posiability of going .500 in our last two series against two average clubs.
Now it looks like we need three of the next four to host.

Advertisement
Back