Duke

That was fantastic from McMahon today. Looking back to the FSU series, he’s been our best starter. He’s the guy I would save for the Saturday game of the regional if we’re the top seed.

Agree. Van Belle game 1, McMahon game 2, McKendry game 3.

My question is do you start McMahon game 2 of the ACCT vs UNC/Nc St, or go with a pitch-limited McKendry? That's looking like a must win for us to host a Regional. However, you also want to be sure McKendry gets that 2nd start before Regionals. Tough call for DiMare

Advertisement

My question is do you start McMahon game 2 of the ACCT vs UNC/Nc St, or go with a pitch-limited McKendry? That's looking like a must win for us to host a Regional. However, you also want to be sure McKendry gets that 2nd start before Regionals. Tough call for DiMare
It depends a little on the schedule. If we get a Wed/Thur schedule, it might be asking a lot of McMahon to pitch that game. All things being equal he’s our best, and you pitch him if you can. The wild card is UVA winning the first game of the pool and us beating UVA in the second. In that case, you can save McMahon for (likely) Louisville in the semis.

Why do you think ACCT win vs (looking like NC) is a must win? I think our RPI, conference record, getting healthy and location puts us in a good spot to host, as long as we don't go 2 and BBQ next week.

I agree McMahon has been dominant. Wait to see the regional match-ups and decide where best to start him.

Why do you think ACCT win vs (looking like NC) is a must win? I think our RPI, conference record, getting healthy and location puts us in a good spot to host, as long as we don't go 2 and BBQ next week.

I agree McMahon has been dominant. Wait to see the regional match-ups and decide where best to start him.

We've done what we've needed to do, but had some bad luck with what other teams have done. Texas A&M upsetting Arky this weekend will likely bump them from a 2 to a host, and the UNC/NC St winner will probably be ahead of us too.

We're still going to be a projected host going into the ACCT, but likely #14-16. So we really need to win our pod to feel good about hosting

Advertisement
Advertisement
This thread was the first time you had ever heard about reading the trajectory of the pitch. Next week’s lesson: perfecting the delayed steal.
Dude, just shutup. Many of us have forgotten more than you know, dont make it worse. Bye loser.

It isn't

We've done what we've needed to do, but had some bad luck with what other teams have done. Texas A&M upsetting Arky this weekend will likely bump them from a 2 to a host, and the UNC/NC St winner will probably be ahead of us too.

We're still going to be a projected host going into the ACCT, but likely #14-16. So we really need to win our pod to feel good about hosting

I agree with this. Louisville, GT, and NC State are all ahead of us in the pecking order, and we're barely ahead of UNC. We don't have room to go up there and not show up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This defense man. I wanna be positive, but I can’t help but feel like we don’t make it out of the regional regardless of hosting.
We certainly won't make it to Omaha if the defense continues to make multiple errors per game. Also, we're making at least 1 base running each game codting us an out or a run. That has stop.

Advertisement
Back