Duke speed this year

Willis McGahee only faced one elite defense in his college career and got stuffed. Guess McGahee is overrated.

Idiots.

Advertisement
Uh, no. Duke wasn't caught from behind in he open field on either play. He weaving pretty much the entire way on the kickoff, and even ran horizontally.

On the long run, his own blockers got in the way.

My god.

Say what you want, but duke's explosion is not the same this year.

Since the Notre Dame game last year, hes not the same back. He showed a nice burst vs FAU when he was fresh. Since then hes a different runner. Hes opening kickoff return vs Florida was tentative and slow.....it was indicative of his performance

Advertisement
**** this thread.

This thread is going to give our great fans another chance to take subtle shots at one of the best players in college football and one of the greatest real hardcore Canes of all time.

It happened after a program altering win, I guess I shouldn't he surprised it happens after a glorified scrimmage.

I haven't watched it yet but I definitely didn't feel good after that hit he took against UiF. **** had me limping around. He's tough as nails though just need him healthy because he's obviously our best player, and there's a significant gap between him and the next best RB on the team.

Only a Miami Hurricane fan would consider Duke not elite...some cane fanes are hilarious...on to the next thread..this ish is comical

If our new york Cane "fan" bothered to watch the games last year, he would know that Duke played with turf toe through 2 of those "big games", and the third we were down several touchdowns early so we stopped running. This board needs a freaking cleansing!

Advertisement
Nobody ran down duke, he was following blocks( which were terrible) and shifting. The fact that he hit that hole so fast on the long run and kick return still shows he has elite speed

Advertisement
The Duke Johnson/Al Golden link is a fascinating one when we look back on it in the future.

Funny how most everyone with a brain could see what Golden was doing here in its infancy stages but yet the detractors kept blabbering "but he has to win a big game!!!"

Now he's a genius all of a sudden when in reality it was there the whole time.

Now its Duke. God**** lifeblood of our team but yet "he hasn't dominated the big game!!!"

Same stupid ****. Can't wait for it to be "disproven" like the Golden stigma. In time I suppose.

Dude got tackled on a KR in which he was constantly changing direction to evade tacklers, at the 4 yard line because both Dorsett and Hurns completely whiffed on an easy block and now he has no more burst. LOL. Looking at the replay, maybe he should of stuck to the outside, but he didn't. Oh well. He would of probably been tackled by I think #43 for a shorter gain if he did.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude got tackled on a KR in which he was constantly changing direction to evade tacklers, at the 4 yard line because both Dorsett and Hurns completely whiffed on an easy block and now he has no more burst. LOL. Looking at the replay, maybe he should of stuck to the outside, but he didn't. Oh well. He would of probably been tackled by I think #43 for a shorter gain if he did.

For real dorsett/hurns should've destroyed that guy

As far as the UF game goes. Duke had a great first half, he was averaging 5 yards a carry at halftime. In the second half the coaches handcuffed him because they went ridiculously conservative. When you are running the ball on every first and second down of an entire half, your running back is going to have a poor YPC average. UF was stacking the box because they knew exactly what we were going to be doing. I can't use that game as a gauge to measure his ability.

He might not be the GOAT in college football history but he is currently our best back! We are a different team w/o Duke. Can we just appreciate the fact that we are 3-0, are getting better, and that the meat of the schedule is approaching.

Guess we should fire the defensive coaches for allowing SSU to score? or replace our Offensive staff cuz we ONLY scored 77?

The Duke Johnson/Al Golden link is a fascinating one when we look back on it in the future.

Funny how most everyone with a brain could see what Golden was doing here in its infancy stages but yet the detractors kept blabbering "but he has to win a big game!!!"

Now he's a genius all of a sudden when in reality it was there the whole time.

Now its Duke. God**** lifeblood of our team but yet "he hasn't dominated the big game!!!"

Same stupid ****. Can't wait for it to be "disproven" like the Golden stigma. In time I suppose.

Dummies need to use things like "he needs to win a marquee game" in order to see The Don as a quality HC because they're too dumb to see it as it is actually developing. All they can see is black and white. You win you're great; you lose you stink. They don't see in color or nuance.

Then, the funny thing is when he wins a marquee game (like the Ohio Taint game or the uf.ag game) our beautiful "fans" look for ways to poke holes in those wins.

Advertisement
Back