Duke speed this year

after watching his Jr highlights i saw one of the classiest cane ever!
however, i mentioned in that thread that his fr yr highlights were electric and explosive.
Granted, he got bigger and stronger this year (better overall back) but his acceleration suffered imo.
just keeping it real fellas!
Duke is my dawg and it hurts me say this!

Advertisement
Advertisement
That Duke wouldn't survive NFL training camp much less a full season.

Which one are you talking about? The fast agile Duke or the bulked up 4.5 40 Duke?

The one that's going to get paid in the NFL because he's now bigger.

Because he wasn't going to be paid if he was faster?

OK makes sense.

Not if he couldn't stay healthy.

Gurley couldn't stay healthy. Is he gonna get paid?

Which one are you talking about? The fast agile Duke or the bulked up 4.5 40 Duke?

OK makes sense.

dont be stupid. gurley is bigger than duke 6'1 231. duke wouldnt have survived in the NFL at 190 pounds and duke himself wanted to bulk up and that was the best decision he made since the NFL team that picked him would have done the same.

OK makes sense.

At 6'1" 222lbs, yep.

Advertisement

OK makes sense.

dont be stupid. gurley is bigger than duke 6'1 231. duke wouldnt have survived in the NFL at 190 pounds and duke himself wanted to bulk up and that was the best decision he made since the NFL team that picked him would have done the same.

So let me get this straight. Are you arguing that if Duke weighed 195lbs and ran a 4.35 40, but had missed games this season due to injury then he wouldn't be getting paid in the NFL?

Shut the fvck up with that backwards logic.

******* hilarious mental gymnastics!

OK makes sense.

So let me get this straight. Are you arguing that if Duke weighed 195lbs and ran a 4.35 40, but had missed games this season due to injury then he wouldn't be getting paid in the NFL?

you realize duke never ran a 4.35 even when he was 195 pounds. what makes you think he was a 4.3 guy on the field. also, the argument or at least mine wasnt that. he wasnt going to go early weighing 190-195 and being hurt constantly. he posted his best season weighing 207. he wouldnt last in the NFL under 200 pounds and if you believe that he would have then even god can't help you

Last edited:

you realize duke never ran a 4.35 even when he was 195 pounds. what makes you think he was a 4.3 guy on the field. also, the argument or at least mine wasnt that. he wasnt going to go early weighing 190-195 and being hurt constantly. he posted his best season weighing 207. he wouldnt last in the NFL under 200 pounds and if you believe that he would have then even god can't help you

Ok keep all of my last statement but change it to 4.45. You still think he doesn't get drafted?

Your argument is basically saying that the NFL values bulk over speed?

Maybe some teams in the league do. But not most.

LMFAO

Ok keep all of my last statement but change it to 4.45. You still think he doesn't get drafted?

LMFAO

u still dont get my argument. u cant be helped. i never said he wouldnt be drafted. show me where i said that please. i said he wouldnt last in the league or wouldnt go AS HIGH as he would currently weighing 190-195 pounds. dont be stupid.

Advertisement

LMFAO

u still dont get my argument. u cant be helped. i never said he wouldnt be drafted. show me where i said that please. i said he wouldnt last in the league or wouldnt go AS HIGH as he would currently weighing 190-195 pounds. dont be stupid.

Don't try and move the goalposts now youngin.

No one said that Duke needed to go into the NFL at 195 nor did anyone say that Duke needed to play his entire career in the NFL at 195.

LMFAO

lol alright old man, i never did. go back and read my posts since i got into the convo. i said he wouldnt go as HIGH or EARLY as he would right now weighing 190-195. reading is fundamental. you keep saying he wont get drafted in my argument but i just said he wouldnt go as high and that he wouldnt last in the NFL weighing under 200. thats not the same thing as not getting drafted.

Last edited:

LMFAO

lol alright old man, i never did. go back and read my posts since i got into the convo. i said he wouldnt go as HIGH or EARLY as he would right now weighing 190-195. reading is fundamental.

OK so I was talking to Sebastian about "getting paid" and you came in with much different requirements and you didn't move the goalposts?

Kids these days.

Advertisement

LMFAO

No one said that Duke needed to go into the NFL at 195 nor did anyone say that Duke needed to play his entire career in the NFL at 195.

LOL okay man.

Back to the original point. Duke is slower now than he would be if he weighed 195-200lbs

Bulking Duke up was a bad idea. Anyone who defends it is a closet slurper.

Duke could have easily played at 195 in college and put on his NFL weight after the combine. That scenario would have allowed him to keep his explosiveness throughout college and run his optimal 40 time. Then he could go to the NFL and gain his weight.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Last edited:

LMFAO

lol alright old man, i never did. go back and read my posts since i got into the convo. i said he wouldnt go as HIGH or EARLY as he would right now weighing 190-195. reading is fundamental.

OK so I was talking to Sebastian about "getting paid" and you came in with much different requirements and you didn't move the goalposts?

Kids these days.

i said my argument was about where he would get drafted and I'm pretty sure his argument of getting paid was going higher in the draft not going undrafted at least the way i took it.

Year Att Yds YPR Lg TD

2014 242 1652 6.8 90 10
2013 145 920 6.3 59 6
2012 139 947 6.8 65 10

He wasn't explosive? He wasn't more durable? Lulz. Retards these days.

Advertisement
Back