Duke speed this year

Advertisement
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
As others mentioned, he cut back and weaved his way down field, they have 11 guys taking off straight for him. It's not like he took straight up the middle on a straight line and got stalked down from behind.
One of the dumber threads yet.

The Duke Johnson/Al Golden link is a fascinating one when we look back on it in the future.

Funny how most everyone with a brain could see what Golden was doing here in its infancy stages but yet the detractors kept blabbering "but he has to win a big game!!!"

Now he's a genius all of a sudden when in reality it was there the whole time.

Now its Duke. God**** lifeblood of our team but yet "he hasn't dominated the big game!!!"

Same stupid ****. Can't wait for it to be "disproven" like the Golden stigma. In time I suppose.

Dummies need to use things like "he needs to win a marquee game" in order to see The Don as a quality HC because they're too dumb to see it as it is actually developing. All they can see is black and white. You win you're great; you lose you stink. They don't see in color or nuance.

Then, the funny thing is when he wins a marquee game (like the Ohio Taint game or the uf.ag game) our beautiful "fans" look for ways to poke holes in those wins.

That's because some fans definition of a marquee game changes based on whether you win or lose. If you have an agenda against a coach, it's only a big game if you lose it.

If Duke would have scored off the KR then this thread would not exist, but since he got horse collared and didnt get a block to help him, he is slow and sucks at life as a RB.

328.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Duke Johnson/Al Golden link is a fascinating one when we look back on it in the future.

Funny how most everyone with a brain could see what Golden was doing here in its infancy stages but yet the detractors kept blabbering "but he has to win a big game!!!"

Now he's a genius all of a sudden when in reality it was there the whole time.

Now its Duke. God**** lifeblood of our team but yet "he hasn't dominated the big game!!!"

Same stupid ****. Can't wait for it to be "disproven" like the Golden stigma. In time I suppose.

Dummies need to use things like "he needs to win a marquee game" in order to see The Don as a quality HC because they're too dumb to see it as it is actually developing. All they can see is black and white. You win you're great; you lose you stink. They don't see in color or nuance.

Then, the funny thing is when he wins a marquee game (like the Ohio Taint game or the uf.ag game) our beautiful "fans" look for ways to poke holes in those wins.

It's another version of '53-9!!!'( which was a flimsy defense of Coker back in the day)

Tremendous player but I've always thought his playing speed was a bit overstated, after that Boston College game which was on Field Turf and made Duke seem a bit faster than he really is. I would never use that game to make a comparison.

This thread is ****E! Give me the name of a current college football running back that is elite? Some of you dudes are too picky.

Advertisement
Duke is now not fast?
Wow. How can anybody even think that?
On the opening kickoff he's weaving all over the field, and probably the fastest guy on Savannah leaped at the last moment and horse collared him. He doesn't horse collar him and Duke goes in standing up.

I'm more surprised we aren't debating why Duke even played after the kick off.
Watch the replay. That horse collar was brutal. Duke's legs went straight up. More amazing he didn't get hurt on that play.

Advertisement
he hasnt lost a step....maybe its because he is the main focus now and people are gameplanning aroiund him now....no more sneaking up on folks. And to the person that said he lost a step since nd last year....ummmm he looked pretty fast vs va with that ko retrun....fast against vt last yr ko return and long *** run....oh yea that duke game to end the season last yr....if he lost a step then i wonder how fast u thought he was to begin wth

he hasnt lost a step....maybe its because he is the main focus now and people are gameplanning aroiund him now....no more sneaking up on folks. And to the person that said he lost a step since nd last year....ummmm he looked pretty fast vs va with that ko retrun....fast against vt last yr ko return and long *** run....oh yea that duke game to end the season last yr....if he lost a step then i wonder how fast u thought he was to begin wth

Yep, which is why we need another RB to step up and take the pressure off of him.

Advertisement

People are enamored with all the faux 4.3 rb's in high school and college.
That track speed hardly ever equates to football speed.
Burst is more important than long speed anyway.
Shayon Green could probably have beaten Emmitt Smith on the track, but we sure couldn't tackle him when we played him in college.
I don't care if a stopwatch says Duke runs a 5.5 40 time on the track. His football speed is elite, as are his vision and shake.

Why don't you guys debate why Artie Burns couldn't catch that ssu player on that ssu td? Is he now slow too?

Dumbass fanbase. He didn't get caught. He weaved in and out of the entire team. One guy was there at the end.

crossover22[]_[];1603250 said:
Dumbass fanbase. He didn't get caught. He weaved in and out of the entire team. One guy was there at the end.

My points on Duke have absolutely nothing to do with that run. He got horse collared.

I just happened to share my thoughts on him in this thread.

Dukes speed is elite. He isn't the fastest back in the country but he is up there. He does need to dominate a big game but he needs the oline to step up to do that.

Advertisement
Back