Duke is our best offensive player since....who?

Jesus Christ, I love Duke, but you guys are talking about him like he's the second coming of Barry Sanders.

Yes, he has the potential to be one of the all time greats here, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'll step up and say, "He's the second coming of Barry Sanders". That's why I said Duke is the best zone runner I've seen in the last 25 years, and when I wrote it, Sanders was exactly who I was thinking. Sanders got limited carries behind Thurman Thomas. He blew up his junior season. Let's see Sanders was 5'8", 195 pounds his junior season. Miami doesn't have to run Johnson 30 times a game. Too many weapons at wide out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jesus Christ, I love Duke, but you guys are talking about him like he's the second coming of Barry Sanders.

Yes, he has the potential to be one of the all time greats here, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'll step up and say, "He's the second coming of Barry Sanders". That's why I said Duke is the best zone runner I've seen in the last 25 years, and when I wrote it, Sanders was exactly who I was thinking. Sanders got limited carries behind Thurman Thomas. He blew up his junior season. Let's see Sanders was 5'8", 195 pounds his junior season.

I hope you're right.

I started to fire up my neg finger just b/c you're trying to kill everyone's buzz around here. I refrained...

For now.

Lol, I laughed at the space. Just trying to be realistic. I love Duke, but some of you guys are going too far.

I'm always for realistic expectations, but the thing is...

...his true frosh highlight film looks like a career highlight film. All of that stuff happened before he spent considerable time in a college weight program. So, I don't know what's going to happen, obviously, but I suspect it's going to be unusual.

I get what ny is saying but just gotta consider what we saw last year was him basically utilizing his god given ability.

Now take that ridiculous stiff arm and put it in a legit S&C program for a couple years. Take that speed and put Swasey on it. Physically the Duke Johnson we saw is nothing like what we will see this year, and certainly nothing like what we will see by the time he leaves.

He's barely getting started. Buckle up folks.

I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself here when I say I think that he leaves here after his Jr year as the GOAT if he can stay healthy. Best Pure Runner we've ever had. Willis and Gore were on another level physically with the size, but Duke is faster. His vision and cutting ability is what seperates him from pretty much everybody, and his top end speed is very underrated IMO. He is a gear past most defense and 2 gears past teams like BC and Duke. Its just not fair.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys, I keep saying, whether you are religious or not, PRAY for Duke's continued good health. This kid is extra special. Barring injury, he will be our all-time best RB.

I'm embracing Catholicism, Islam, Judaism, Voodoo, various African religions, whatever it takes. I'm in favor of hiring bodyguards during the games to protect this Hurricane treasure.

And, I ain't even kidding.

Marucci wasn't otherworldly. Not when compared to Bryan Bippen or Wilbur Valdez at that position.

Advertisement

I started to fire up my neg finger just b/c you're trying to kill everyone's buzz around here. I refrained...

For now.

Lol, I laughed at the space. Just trying to be realistic. I love Duke, but some of you guys are going too far.

We need an unrustling on isle 4!

For now.

We need an unrustling on isle 4!

440.jpg

Advertisement
Gore's freshman campaign was surreal. I can only imagine what his career would have been if not for the knee injuries.

Willis had issues holding onto the ball earlier in his career. As has been mentioned, when the light bulb came on for him dude was a beast.

Duke is something different, though To be a smaller guy, he is able to beat you with the power of a McGhaee, the vision and balance of a Portis, and the speed of a Miller. Now if he can consistently catch the ball out of the backfield, especially vertically down field, he will become the complete package of an EJames. When it's all said and done, depending of course on health, Duke could very likely be the best of the best. He's in the discussion now after an outstanding true freshman season.

Gore's freshman campaign was surreal. I can only imagine what his career would have been if not for the knee injuries.

Willis had issues holding onto the ball earlier in his career. As has been mentioned, when the light bulb came on for him dude was a beast.

Duke is something different, though To be a smaller guy, he is able to beat you with the power of a McGhaee, the vision and balance of a Portis, and the speed of a Miller. Now if he can consistently catch the ball out of the backfield, especially vertically down field, he will become the complete package of an EJames. When it's all said and done, depending of course on health, Duke could very likely be the best of the best. He's in the discussion now after an outstanding true freshman season.

And Soldinger had to ride Edge hard to stop him dancinig in the hole. I agree James was our most complete back

Last edited:

Let me ask you this, based solely off his Freshman season, would you rank any RB we've had since McGahee/Gore over him?

Tyrone Moss, Javarris James, Craig Cooper, Damien Berry, Mike James, Lamar Miller,...what other main backs am I missing? Charlie Jones, Derron Thomas, Lee Chambers, Shawnbrey McNeal, and a few other JAGs.

From that group I think Duke has already cemented his place as #1. Then you got Lamar at 2. T. Moss, JJ, Coop, Berry, and MJ follow him up. I'm not saying this off of his potential, not about what he could do this year and in the future, I'm saying that off of last year alone.

Advertisement
Back