Duke is our best offensive player since....who?

Advertisement
Not saying Lamar is in same level, but he was a very good college back on a very poor team. And he really only played one full season

Advertisement
Hester was not really an offensive playmaker. Duke is our best special teams playmaker since hester. Strictly on offense he's probably the best since mcGahee, the consensus answer

Not saying Lamar is in same level, but he was a very good college back on a very poor team. And he really only played one full season

that was by his choice.. he could have come back for another year and gotten bigger stronger and faster but he chose not to... not saying he didnt want to work hard but if i recall we had some players say that the reason streeter and miller left early was that they didnt wanna go through U tough again...

Advertisement
I'll even take it one step further. As good as McGahee was Duke Johnson is a more finished back at this time in their careers. Duke's stiff arm is just straight ******* filthy. You never saw McGahee pull the stiff arm the way Duke does.

I'll even take it one step further. As good as McGahee was Duke Johnson is a more finished back at this time in their careers. Duke's stiff arm is just straight ****ing filthy. You never saw McGahee pull the stiff arm the way Duke does.

Someone que up the stiff arm McGahee gave that gator for ol times sake...

/These kids these days

Advertisement
I'll even take it one step further. As good as McGahee was Duke Johnson is a more finished back at this time in their careers. Duke's stiff arm is just straight ******* filthy. You never saw McGahee pull the stiff arm the way Duke does.

Are you 12?

I'll even take it one step further. As good as McGahee was Duke Johnson is a more finished back at this time in their careers. Duke's stiff arm is just straight ****ing filthy. You never saw McGahee pull the stiff arm the way Duke does.

Yeah.....you played yourself here.

Advertisement
Not a knock on Duke because I love him and he is the truth, one of the best we have had in a long time, BUT he has some work to do before you can consider him a better player than McGahee. Did you watch McGahee play? That guy was a complete FREAK. He was a DO it all type back, like an AP. Very few running backs have the TOTAL package. Maybe you remember him more as a pro, which he had to transition into more of a power type back, but dude was straight Nasty before his injury. He literally had every single tool you can posses as a running back. He was a big *** **** who could break a guys ankle with a juke and knock another guy out within the same play.

Pretty sure Willis didn't need a stiff arm. When you are 235lbs and the fastest guy on the field, not many people to stiff arm.
Before I get all the, "fastest guy on the field? What about Andre Johnson?.
Willis was faster. I remember hearing that AJ could never beat Willis in a sprint.
People forget how unbelievable he really was.
Duke is incredible and I firmly believe he breaks the UM single season rushing record this year, but comparing the 2 is apples and oranges.
Completely different.
Portis might be a better comparison, though Duke is better IMO.
On kick returns I still think the best comparison is Leeland Macelroy.

When it's all said and done with, Duke goes in the books as the greatest Canes offensive player ever.

Not a knock on Duke because I love him and he is the truth, one of the best we have had in a long time, BUT he has some work to do before you can consider him a better player than McGahee. Did you watch McGahee play? That guy was a complete FREAK. He was a DO it all type back, like an AP. Very few running backs have the TOTAL package. Maybe you remember him more as a pro, which he had to transition into more of a power type back, but dude was straight Nasty before his injury. He literally had every single tool you can posses as a running back. He was a big *** **** who could break a guys ankle with a juke and knock another guy out within the same play.

He was one of the best I've ever seen. Only rb's better That i ever saw were Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders.
Willis was better IMO than Peterson. Just had better vision.
He was so good, that even with a seemingly career ending knee injury, he was still a 1st round draft pick.
That says it all right there.

Advertisement
Back