Duke is our best offensive player since....who?

Advertisement
Best offensive player since....depends if you use the stats or if you speak of abilities in general:

Several players were under used at UM
- Hester (playbook or ability to use it)
- Olsen (terrible QBs)
- Winslow

Some players went on to much better careers in the NFL
- Gore (injuries at UM)

If Stats are Key
- Hankerson had two great seasons and would have had more but Harris killed him

He is probably the best offensive player since Willis. Duke will be running behind a beastly line and if the OC uses him right, expect big things.

I know this thread is about Duke. But I got a feeling Augustus Edwards will have us all talking during the season. He's a Todd Gurley clone!

Lamar...if you have to be honest ...guy won games for us NFL back etc...just should have never been red shirted

He is exactly the type of player we need to complement our smaller backs, hope he balls out.
I know this thread is about Duke. But I got a feeling Augustus Edwards will have us all talking during the season. He's a Todd Gurley clone!

Advertisement
Best zone runner I've seen in the last 25 years. Liked Miller, explosive and fast, but not an instinctive zone runner. When I think Lamar Miller I think James Jackson. They may have similar NFL careers. Hope I'm wrong. McGahee was a different type of runner. Big, explosive and fast, we hadn't seen a kid like him since OJ Anderson. Love Portis, because he had unbelievable balance and vision. What makes Johnson so incredible is he also runs like he's 210 pounds. He has the tools to be the best ever if he stays healthy these next two years. I hope so because the kid will be a highlight film onto himself this year and next.

Personally I think (Potentially) he is the best back since Reggie Bush. He reminds me of Reggie Bush with how he just makes plays. The ones that really remind me of Reggie Bush are his leaps/Dives and stretching the ball out for extra yardage along with his big play open field running style

Advertisement
We talking about talent or stats? Obviously Willis, statistically, has been our best offensive player in recent history. Talent wise though...Gore > McGahee

Gore's vision is unreal, and he doesn't even get caught from behind in the NFL, nevermind against Rutgers, Temple or FSU. McGahee got hawked more than people like to remember. Even in the NFL, Gore gets a crease and he's gone. His shakes and vision are similar to Duke's.

Advertisement
Lamar...if you have to be honest ...guy won games for us NFL back etc...just should have never been red shirted

Idk, I liked Hank more than Lamar. Honestly I was never a big fan of Lamar. His speed is exquisite and he has good size, but I don't see him as a player. He's a great athlete, his vision isn't poor, but it wasn't great, and he had no moves as a runner...no jukes, no stiff arm, no spins, and his shoulder injury really hampered him. Due to his speed, Lamar > Mike James, but if MJ had Lamar's speed it would be no comparison. So ya, I don't like Lamar too much.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ, I love Duke, but you guys are talking about him like he's the second coming of Barry Sanders.

Yes, he has the potential to be one of the all time greats here, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Jesus Christ, I love Duke, but you guys are talking about him like he's the second coming of Barry Sanders.

Yes, he has the potential to be one of the all time greats here, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I started to fire up my neg finger just b/c you're trying to kill everyone's buzz around here. I refrained...

For now.

I started to fire up my neg finger just b/c you're trying to kill everyone's buzz around here. I refrained...

For now.

Lol, I laughed at the space. Just trying to be realistic. I love Duke, but some of you guys are going too far.

Advertisement
Back