Duke about to hire Manny - update: hired

Advertisement
I feel I’m in the vast minority here, but I wish Manny the best. Yes, he’s kind of a cuck, but unlike many of our HC’s, he tried. He showed the ability to get rid of coaches, change things up, etc. He attempted to bring the swagger back. If he would’ve had the resources that Mario had, I think he could’ve worked out. We will never know.

Just my two cents. I hope we beat his *** while he’s at Duke tho

Advertisement
TVD seems like a logical fit at Duke now. Will have diaz, feeley, and manny will likely go with a lashlee type offense
I remember hearing rumors he’d hire Ponce when Lashlee left. Man would that be crazy if Manny, Ponce and TVD all ended up together at Duke 😂

Wonder if he brings Banda as his DC. Baker is progressing through the ranks so he won’t follow manny

Supposedly Baker hates being scapegoated by Manny. Don’t think he would ever work for him again.

If Manny was smart he should do whatever he could to keep Kevin Johns as OC, and oh yeah not try to be the DC again.

Last edited:
It’s pretty crazy that he’s getting another P5 head coaching gig so soon after failing at Miami. That didn’t work for Coker, Shannon, and Golden.

He did well at Pedo State. I was shocked Franklin brought him in. But he performed. ... That said, I always said it took three years for the ACC to figure out his schemes so it might take 3 for the BiG team to do so, and he's only been there 2 years. Smart to leave now lol. Just think Duke is one of the worst places for him to go. He won't succeed there.

Advertisement
Can’t stomach reading through this whole thread but I’m surprised manny has the balls to be the head coach at Mack brown’s rival school

Will manny finally beat Mack? Or will Mack grab his neck again

Lashlee coming in as HC at SMU, too. I'll be curious to see what he does with staff, too. Jess Simpson is still there.

If he's smart, he'll keep Kevin Johns...

small, small world...

To be fair.. Manny beat them 48-0 and 47-10 in his 2nd and 3rd year. Lost year 1
And Mario got pounded by Duke his firsat year, so there's that
I remember the exact same things under Manny as Mario does on a weekly basis.

Call timeout and then we come out and get a false start, burning 2 timeouts at the beginning of the game/half, letting 20 seconds run off then call a timeout, snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds on the playclock while trying to burn out the clock. Some of that was Rhett's offense but we still did it.

The fact that Manny was a first time HC gave him somewhat of a pass. Mario as a 13th year HC still making those mistakes is inexcusable. Still made the same mistakes and sometimes it will just always be that way.
Plus Mario makes $8 million/year and basically unlimited resources as compared to Manny. Never understood the Manny hate...was he supposed to turn down his dream job? Hope he does well at Duke

Advertisement
He did well at Pedo State. I was shocked Franklin brought him in. But he performed. ... That said, I always said it took three years for the ACC to figure out his schemes so it might take 3 for the BiG team to do so, and he's only been there 2 years. Smart to leave now lol. Just think Duke is one of the worst places for him to go. He won't succeed there.
Was the problem that they figured out his schemes or that he couldn't recruit good players on the defensive side of the ball (especially LB). Now obviously that is a very important piece of being a coach, but perhaps if he is paired up with good recruiters he could keep his defense playing well (unless they are playing Mack Brown of course).

Lashlee
Likens
Banda
Baker

Manny hired some coaches that have gone on to get better jobs. I know I know about Dan.

Advertisement
I feel I’m in the vast minority here, but I wish Manny the best. Yes, he’s kind of a cuck, but unlike many of our HC’s, he tried. He showed the ability to get rid of coaches, change things up, etc. He attempted to bring the swagger back. If he would’ve had the resources that Mario had, I think he could’ve worked out. We will never know.

Just my two cents. I hope we beat his *** while he’s at Duke tho
He was a product of this administration and team for the last 15 or so years

People in positions they shouldn’t be on and off the field

This calls for a celebration! We can beat dook now.
0420FF28-4C71-4FC0-AB3F-D81C82A4498B.jpeg

Advertisement
Back