Duke about to hire Manny - update: hired

Diaz is a trash HC and would argue that he's an average at best DC.

Right. It ain't hate its just the facts. Yes, he tried hard, the players liked him because they could run the ship with him at helm, he brought some flare to the program, and he's not necessarily "hateable". Hating on his coaching isn't hating him, Personally. His defense is totally designed for a one dimensional/passing team playing from behind.

Dude is not a leader of young men and can't handle or teach a championship mindset and pedigree. Part of why he can't recruit, IMHO. Ithis ain't about comparing him to Mario. This is a stand alone assessment. Using Mario's woes to crutch Diaz is petty mane.

People have attached themselves to this dude emotionally for some weird reason. Feeling sorry for him and **** like he fam or something. Yall MFs really be loving on these coaches 🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
I feel I’m in the vast minority here, but I wish Manny the best. Yes, he’s kind of a cuck, but unlike many of our HC’s, he tried. He showed the ability to get rid of coaches, change things up, etc. He attempted to bring the swagger back. If he would’ve had the resources that Mario had, I think he could’ve worked out. We will never know.

Just my two cents. I hope we beat his *** while he’s at Duke tho
He couldn't recruit.

Any grown man that submits when another grown man grips him at the bow like this is no HC material in my book. No leader of men. As a father, if he was recruiting my son I'd pull this picture up and have some counseling with him because ain't no way you coaching my YungN getting hoed like this.

Fight back Manuel 🗣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

image000000(1).jpg

CIS ain't a place for nuance so there's not going to be much appreciation about former corches being as complex people as any of us. I know of more than a few stories of Golden doing things for some people quietly and not seeking any public attention or praise about it. That said, he obviously handled some other stuff poorly too. Same with Manny. In the end, they were all compensated pretty well for essentially failing here so while I don't hate them, I'm beyond agnostic about actively caring if they succeed or fail elsewhere.

The only recent post championship former coach that I'm emotionally attached to at all and actively root for in life in general is Richt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
100% it's a low bar but Mario is 500 right now, With all the resources in the world.
We know Mario's results so far haven't delivered. But he gets more time/benefit of the doubt based on his past resume compared to Manny who had 0 HC experience. I think MC has a couple more years max to show us the results we're paying for. Not being a perennial top 10 caliber team by year 4 would be inexcusable.

Advertisement
Compliments are fleeting, when I get one that’s half heartedly , I cut them off please don’t go there you’ll cuss me out on the 10 minutes.

Same in high stakes sports Mario will get a huge class of 5 stars and we’ll prostrate ourselves then in the next breath put up Lane Kiffin bat signals and start flying blimp signs.

Watch wel’ll do the same to coach L very soon .

Our perseverance is very weak here

GOCANES

Advertisement
Good for Manny.

Really nice guy, born and bred 305 kid, favorite team has always been and will always be Miami, and he worked his *** off to get what he's gotten (even if of course he didn't deserve the head job here, he still put himself in position to get it).

I am way too old to hate on people who work hard and do things with class, even if they don't work out in my favor. I know how hard it is to get to places you want to be in life and how much work it takes.

So trash him all you want, he wasn't good as the head man here, and that's fine. But I'm happy for him, whether you want to admit it or not, he's one of us. I personally would've held out for a little better job than Duke, but that's just me. IMO another year at Penn State and he's getting an even better P5 job, but I always said on this board that he'd be a P5 head coach again pretty soon, and I also said he'd be a P5 DC in about 3 seconds after he left, and he was excellent at Penn State.

I look forward to pushing his **** in while he's at Duke, but I can't hate on the guy. I hope he does well except when he plays the good guys.

Good for Manny.

Really nice guy, born and bred 305 kid, favorite team has always been and will always be Miami, and he worked his *** off to get what he's gotten (even if of course he didn't deserve the head job here, he still put himself in position to get it).

I am way too old to hate on people who work hard and do things with class, even if they don't work out in my favor. I know how hard it is to get to places you want to be in life and how much work it takes.

So trash him all you want, he wasn't good as the head man here, and that's fine. But I'm happy for him, whether you want to admit it or not, he's one of us. I personally would've held out for a little better job than Duke, but that's just me. IMO another year at Penn State and he's getting an even better P5 job, but I always said on this board that he'd be a P5 head coach again pretty soon, and I also said he'd be a P5 DC in about 3 seconds after he left, and he was excellent at Penn State.

I look forward to pushing his **** in while he's at Duke, but I can't hate on the guy. I hope he does well except when he plays the good guys.

TrumpyCane wants to know if Al Golden is also one of us?

Advertisement
Back