Duke about to hire Manny - update: hired

Advertisement
I get why ppl rag on Diaz but let's be honest if u compare Diaz n Mario, Diaz did a better job (so far). Diaz 21-15, Mario 12-12. And that's with Diaz having a sh111tty AD, n ALOT less resources.
Yeah ... but a HUGE distinction ... Manny had his first 2 seasons relying on Richt's recruits and Manny who is A HORRIBLE recruiter ... left Mario a depleted roster made up of 50% kids that shouldn't have been recruited. Mario is recruiting high level to elite athletes that Manny wouldn't even make a phone call to. That will catch up to him ... again .... at Duke.

After ****ing away the generosity of Richt by having no coaching search and straight up paying Temple to get a first time head coach, who then promptly lost to FIU and underperformed generally, then moving on to the next shiny toy instead of a coaching search and providing WAY more resources for even *worse* results…

I think it’s a high probability Manny beats Mario. It would be the most Miami thing possible. BOT should just commit seppuku at that point.

I pray our fortunes turn and Mario is able to pull out the dub and deliver 9 wins next regular season. Otherwise I’m just checking out man.

Yeah ... but a HUGE distinction ... Manny had his first 2 seasons relying on Richt's recruits and Manny who is A HORRIBLE recruiter ... left Mario a depleted roster made up of 50% kids that shouldn't have been recruited. Mario is recruiting high level to elite athletes that Manny wouldn't even make a phone call to. That will catch up to him ... again .... at Duke.
This is facts!

Advertisement
200.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
The white washing of Manny's tenure here is crazy :pgdead: as if he wasn't the worst recruiting head coach we've ever had
If not for Covid and visits being locked down I question if we even would have got LT56… JWill seemed like he was a cane fan and coming no matter what

Best thing about manny was his portal skills or at least being forward thinking enough to jump fully in with getting King, Roche, JP15, and Tyrique

Advertisement
100% correct..... Diaz Didn't decimate the roster and start over.... He rode what Richt left him (Yes he was DC and helped to a small degree) and then it fell apart... With Elko leaving Duke they've already seen quite a few players leave with more on the way... I would assume none have any familiarity with Diaz so the incentive to stay is minimal ( Unless they just really like Duke which is fine).
I don't see Manny being able to fill the holes with recruiting nor do I believe Duke will be in the upper echelon of NIL providers Football wise( Bread and butter is B-Ball).... This will be a real test for Manny to show he's learned something since leaving Miami... Believe me I don't wish him any ill will but I just don't see him doing much there...

Advertisement
Back