Duke about to hire Manny - update: hired

Diaz at UM was an interesting case study of HOW not to hire and fire a coach. In the former, his hiring process was of the Mom-and-Pop slapstick variety of what one would expect in Miami - at the UM and area, overall. His firing was also amateurish and sprinkled with a little dash of classlessness one would find at an SEC school. Very typical UM. I think we even made Auburn blush at how this was handled and it seems as if school hasn't learned its lesson based on the recent hiring process of UM baseball coach. As for Diaz at Duke, I hope this generates opportunities for some of our former players looking to get into coaching. Otherwise, no poops given.

Advertisement
I was angry when we hired him away from Temple. He was unproven. I think Manny does deserve to lead a program with lower expectations.
Now we will have both Manny and Lashlee led teams in the ACC so…that will be a thing now.

I was angry when we hired him away from Temple. He was unproven. I think Manny does deserve to lead a program with lower expectations.
Now we will have both Manny and Lashlee led teams in the ACC so…that will be a thing now.
I'd love to see Duke/Manny vs SMU/Lashlee

I think Elko has changed the expectations there. Pretty interesting to see if Manny has learned some things.

Advertisement
I think Elko has changed the expectations there. Pretty interesting to see if Manny has learned some things.
When he's took over Miami it wasn't a bad culture considering Richt. We just needed to adapt to our QB better. Will be interesting to see if he cleans house at Duke or retain the offensive dynamic. Losing Riley before even getting there will already drop 3 wins unless he can replace him

Is this the first former UM coach to land a HC job after Miami?
As far as College??.. No... Someone mentioned Coker... But...Howard left to the USFL then other stops as HC... Jimmy to the Cowboys... Dennis to wherever he went , I forget... Butch to the Browns...
It's just the more recent (recent meaning the past 20 years) guys since Coker...

As far as College??.. No... Someone mentioned Coker... But...Howard left to the USFL then other stops as HC... Jimmy to the Cowboys... Dennis to wherever he went , I forget... Butch to the Browns...
It's just the more recent (recent meaning the past 20 years) guys since Coker...

I took it as fired HC such as Coker, Shannon and Diaz

Just forgot Coker

Manny had issues recruiting hs talent to UM. But at Duke he will be recruiting somewhat different type of players. Less on the Diva side. The sort of players you will find at Stanford, Vanda, Northwestern, etc who play less recruiting game, interested more on academics and sticking with their commitments. On the other hand, there is a limited amount of talented players of that ilk.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1702052010312.gif

1702052085470.gif

Do not miss this **** at all

Diaz at UM was an interesting case study of HOW not to hire and fire a coach. In the former, his hiring process was of the Mom-and-Pop slapstick variety of what one would expect in Miami - at the UM and area, overall. His firing was also amateurish and sprinkled with a little dash of classlessness one would find at an SEC school. Very typical UM. I think we even made Auburn blush at how this was handled and it seems as if school hasn't learned its lesson based on the recent hiring process of UM baseball coach. As for Diaz at Duke, I hope this generates opportunities for some of our former players looking to get into coaching. Otherwise, no poops given.
Should of been fired day 1

Advertisement
This is funny asab 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

This why dudes like Manny so much. Cause they love gimmicky, flash with no substance, BS.

Turnover chain, The New Miami, shuckin n Jivin, celebrating while getting spanked, being cucked by a senior citizen, and giving up every 3rd and 4th and long.
Facts

Sh came off as fake asf. That’s the tik tok all star team.

I'll give you another one albeit from the stone age.

Hank Stram.

Went from being an ASSISTANT at UM to being the Texans/Chiefs HC and in 10 years he won the SB.

Advertisement
All I can remember from Manny's tenure is getting a penalty on EVERY 3rd and 4th down, critical situation
I just remember him under Mark not being able to recruit Miami type linebackers. I knew right there he was a fraud I did not need anymore evidence than that. Duke level is the proper place for him. They about to nose dive off a cliff in two seasons

I just remember him under Mark not being able to recruit Miami type linebackers. I knew right there he was a fraud I did not need anymore evidence than that. Duke level is the proper place for him. They about to nose dive off a cliff in two seasons
Again. This is why it frustrates me to no end when people just group 3 stars together and compare Manny and Mario's recruits.

Huge difference between:

Manny 3 star- 5'10 205, Corey Flagg

Mario 3 star- 6'3 230. Marcellus Pulliam.

Like get real.

Advertisement
Back