Duke about to hire Manny - update: hired

Advertisement
Watching the response Manny gets and the response Lashlee gets is amusing. Carry on.
Lashlee was never the HC of Miami.

He also was a proven OC before he came to Miami & had never been fired from any of his previous stints. He's also proven himself to be a pretty good HC on the G5 level, we'll see how he looks against a P5 schedule next year.

Manny also was responsible for one of the top 3 most embarrassing losses in school history, FIU 2019.

Our last winning season was in 2020 with Lash as the OC & that season was mostly successful due to the Offense.

I really don't understand your severe dislike of Lashlee, it really doesn't make any sense. You put all the blame of the Bama & Clemson games on him as if he was the HC, can you name me which OC we've had here in the last decade that would've won us those games in-spite of Manny Diaz as the HC, with that roster?

What if TVD went to Duke and Manny went as the HC and they beat Mario next year?
dave chappelle what GIF

Advertisement
Lashlee was never the HC of Miami.

He also was a proven OC before he came to Miami & had never been fired from any of his previous stints. He's also proven himself to be a pretty good HC on the G5 level, we'll see how he looks against a P5 schedule next year.

Manny also was responsible for one of the top 3 most embarrassing losses in school history, FIU 2019.

Our last winning season was in 2020 with Lash as the OC & that season was mostly successful due to the Offense.

I really don't understand your severe dislike of Lashlee, it really doesn't make any sense. You put all the blame of the Bama & Clemson games on him as if he was the HC, can you name me which OC we've had here in the last decade that would've won us those games in-spite of Manny Diaz as the HC, with that roster?
I don't dislike Lashlee. I thought he was severely overrated. That stance has softened in the last 2 years having watched more of Tyler at QB. My biggest issue with him isn't just his performance in big games it was the speed he operated the offense. He took us out of games with consecutive 3 and outs while having pourus defenses.
Even still people praise him and hope for Manny to fail. Manny was a terrible HC but I don't understand the vitriol. We all knew he was a bad hire when it happened. Who would turn down 4/mil a year for their dream job lmao. I say let them both move on in peace. Any succes or failures have no bearing on Miami. Off my soap box.

I don't dislike Lashlee. I thought he was severely overrated. That stance has softened in the last 2 years having watched more of Tyler at QB. My biggest issue with him isn't just his performance in big games it was the speed he operated the offense. He took us out of games with consecutive 3 and outs while having pourus defenses.
Even still people praise him and hope for Manny to fail. Manny was a terrible HC but I don't understand the vitriol. We all knew he was a bad hire when it happened. Who would turn down 4/mil a year for their dream job lmao. I say let them both move on in peace. Any succes or failures have no bearing on Miami. Off my soap box.
So what do you attribbute his record this year.. 11-2, with losses to TCU and Oklahoma. 476 yards per game, 20th in pass and 12th in rush, and 6th in scoring. AAC title and Bowl game?

Call me crazy but I think Manny will do good there. By good I mean 6-7 wins a year.

His defense will end up getting exposed but he has a good eye for OCs & a decent eye for talent. If I were him, I'd be targeting Jon Brewer from SMU, Bryan Ellis from Georgia Southern or Mack Leftwich from Texas State.

So what do you attribbute his record this year.. 11-2, with losses to TCU and Oklahoma. 476 yards per game, 20th in pass and 12th in rush, and 6th in scoring. AAC title and Bowl game?
I never said he sucked but this schedule is not exactly a gauntlet. They beat 2 teams with a winning record.
Screenshot_20231207_114146_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_114213_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_114312_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_114340_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_114359_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_114418_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_114451_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_114517_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_114547_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Considering the personnel he had to work with, I'd say he did a pretty good job...

And in contrast to the likes of Enox, Gattless & Dawson, which OC have we had that hasn't taken us out of games???

People have vitriol towards Manny because he was an unqualified HC who only got the job because his Daddy was the Mayor & because it was another lazy hire by the BOT. People have less vitriol towards Lashlee because they realize he was working under the constraints of a clearly incompetent HC.

He should stay in the Big 10 where every offense is prehistoric and his defense puts up good number. Any offensive coordinator with a brain can scheme around his defense.

Call me crazy but I think Manny will do good there. By good I mean 6-7 wins a year.

His defense will end up getting exposed but he has a good eye for OCs & a decent eye for talent. If I were him, I'd be targeting Jon Brewer from SMU, Bryan Ellis from Georgia Southern or Mack Leftwich from Texas State.

TrumpyCane thinks hiring Dan Enos automatically makes this statement false

He might do okay there, especially if he can bring in some 2nd tier South FL kids.

Advertisement
Obviously all speculation, but I kind of agree. He was adapting and growing as a coach even with us, but he was a first time coach and honestly we didn't have the time for it. But now that he has since gone on to the B10 and still carried his defensive prowess with him, I'd be curious to see how he does with another shot at being a head coach. Would not surprise me at all to see him do well.
Mario is still adapting as a first time head coach and it's his 3rd time

Advertisement
Considering the personnel he had to work with, I'd say he did a pretty good job...

And in contrast to the likes of Enox, Gattless & Dawson, which OC have we had that hasn't taken us out of games???

People have vitriol towards Manny because he was an unqualified HC who only got the job because his Daddy was the Mayor & because it was another lazy hire by the BOT. People have less vitriol towards Lashlee because they realize he was working under the constraints of a clearly incompetent HC.
Only thing I can say positive about Manny is at least he wasn’t stupid enough to get in Lashlees way

Manny certainly had his share of stupid moves but hiring a real OC and allowing him to do whatever he wanted was the best coaching move by a UM coach in two decades. If not for Lashlee's offense outscoring teams in 2020 and 2021, Manny would likely have had the worst W/L record of any recent coach.

He will be a .500 coach who has average recruiting and portal results. Think it's a bland hire for Duke, considering what they got with Elko.

Diaz isn't a good enough recruiter (evals or salesmanship) to win a lot of games at Duke.

As a DC, he's pretty good, and often adjusts well during games. But his results correspond closely and causally with the talent level available to him- and the opponent. He's not an elite DC.

Mediocre hire.

Advertisement
Back