Duke about to hire Manny - update: hired

Advertisement
I don't dislike Lashlee. I thought he was severely overrated. That stance has softened in the last 2 years having watched more of Tyler at QB. My biggest issue with him isn't just his performance in big games it was the speed he operated the offense. He took us out of games with consecutive 3 and outs while having pourus defenses.
Even still people praise him and hope for Manny to fail. Manny was a terrible HC but I don't understand the vitriol. We all knew he was a bad hire when it happened. Who would turn down 4/mil a year for their dream job lmao. I say let them both move on in peace. Any succes or failures have no bearing on Miami. Off my soap box.
As a coordinator (offensive or defensive) I think they were both, respectively, very good. As a HC, Manny was terrible. Lashlee, so far, shows promise.

As a coordinator (offensive or defensive) I think they were both, respectively, very good. As a HC, Manny was terrible. Lashlee, so far, shows promise.
lashlee won 11 games at SMU in year 2 in his first shot as an HC and improved their d to some of its best in the last 4 decades. this was the first time since 1982 where they've won 11 games. 1982!

Advertisement
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lashlee was never the HC of Miami.

He also was a proven OC before he came to Miami & had never been fired from any of his previous stints. He's also proven himself to be a pretty good HC on the G5 level, we'll see how he looks against a P5 schedule next year.

Manny also was responsible for one of the top 3 most embarrassing losses in school history, FIU 2019.

Our last winning season was in 2020 with Lash as the OC & that season was mostly successful due to the Offense.

I really don't understand your severe dislike of Lashlee, it really doesn't make any sense. You put all the blame of the Bama & Clemson games on him as if he was the HC, can you name me which OC we've had here in the last decade that would've won us those games in-spite of Manny Diaz as the HC, with that roster?
Personally The only problem I’ve had with Lashlee is his lack of diversity in the run game. I think he’s a very good OC. Also didn’t expect to hold on to him very long. Like Dawson I feel like is more likely to just always be an OC than Lashlee ever was.

Advertisement
Back