Tears Duck Tears

26787EAF-797B-4439-8DA0-37543D559A71.jpeg
6506D937-6F71-45E5-9B6C-74A80B631024.jpeg
5D70AF87-06DB-460F-96E5-9D807A4C2665.png
8470A137-1FB9-49D7-A408-22EDFF5771CE.png
BFDB936F-4C27-4EF9-AFFE-727137C0BFFD.png
BA8FABBB-A25D-4649-BEBF-F73D6EB14D3B.png

Advertisement
And that will be even more difficult if USC hires a top coach and recruiter.
Exactly. Chip Kelly was there in his coaching prime while Phil Knight was in his "philanthropic" prime and their trophy case is still empty. Luigi had the 6th overall pick as his QB and the trophy case is still empty. And (as you alluded to) this all happened while not having to deal with a relevant USC program and a generally weak Pac-12.

Exactly. Chip Kelly was there in his coaching prime while Phil Knight was in his "philanthropic" prime and their trophy case is still empty. Luigi had the 6th overall pick as his QB and the trophy case is still empty. And (as you alluded to) this all happened while not having to deal with a relevant USC program and a generally weak Pac-12.
Yep, Oregon does not have the recruiting base for a consistent NC contender program. The right coach-QB combination might get one under the right circumstances, like almost, with Mariotta and Harrington (the 2001 Ducks should have played our Canes, not NU. Still, they would have lost).

I think James Franklin of Penn State would be a great pick. His personality and USC's tradition should clean up in recruiting. Like SFla, SCalif has too much talent to lock down everyone, but like at Miami, the right HC doesn't need to recruit 3-stars from across the country to fill his roster. Ask Pete Carroll.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Was FSU ? Cause willie bounced out of there faster than a hooker after a nut.

Yes, much better. FSU had won 10+ games 6 or the prior 8 years. They had been in the playoff 3 years prior and won the title 4 years prior.

Miami hasn't been relevant in ages and has a joke of an Athletic Department.

FSU job in 2018 was infinitely better then a potential 2022 Miami job unless something drastic changes in the ADs office and their commitment to winning.

I hate it but its true.

Advertisement
Yes, much better. FSU had won 10+ games 6 or the prior 8 years. They had been in the playoff 3 years prior and won the title 4 years prior.

Miami hasn't been relevant in ages and has a joke of an Athletic Department.

FSU job in 2018 was infinitely better then a potential 2022 Miami job unless something drastic changes in the ADs office and their commitment to winning.

I hate it but its true.

Jimbo Fisher said FSU didn't support the football program and wasn't committed to winning, which was a key reason he was leaving. One of his former players confirmed this.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...State-Jacob-Pugh-Texas-AM-football-155085706/

"... former Florida State linebacker Jacob Pugh took the school to task for not holding onto the head coach. "If they had given Jimbo what he wanted, Florida State would be 'it' right now," Pugh said. "The man was going to be the next Bobby Bowden. He was never supposed to leave Florida State. He doesn't even look right at Texas A&M, but I understand." Fisher had asked for more academic support for his players and better facilities, among other requests. Pugh, who played for the school from 2014 to 2017, did not seem to think they were unreasonable asks on Fisher's part.

So why was FSU a better job in 2018 when their championship winning HC decided that he didn't have a future there and left because the school wouldn't give him the resources to be competitive for another national title?

When a future HOF coach says, "I can't win here anymore because the school won't give me the resources I need" and leaves for a different job, you think that actually makes the job more attractive for a less qualified coach? That's .. interesting logic.

Advertisement
He was one of the players on the 91 championship team. He was also an astronaut, rodeo clown, and put out oil fires before starting his missionary work curing the sick in Myanmar.
He’s probably one of the founders of Prestige Worldwide….. wide …..wide……..wide……

Jimbo Fisher said FSU didn't support the football program and wasn't committed to winning, which was a key reason he was leaving. One of his former players confirmed this.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...State-Jacob-Pugh-Texas-AM-football-155085706/

"... former Florida State linebacker Jacob Pugh took the school to task for not holding onto the head coach. "If they had given Jimbo what he wanted, Florida State would be 'it' right now," Pugh said. "The man was going to be the next Bobby Bowden. He was never supposed to leave Florida State. He doesn't even look right at Texas A&M, but I understand." Fisher had asked for more academic support for his players and better facilities, among other requests. Pugh, who played for the school from 2014 to 2017, did not seem to think they were unreasonable asks on Fisher's part.

So why was FSU a better job in 2018 when their championship winning HC decided that he didn't have a future there and left because the school wouldn't give him the resources to be competitive for another national title?

When a future HOF coach says, "I can't win here anymore because the school won't give me the resources I need" and leaves for a different job, you think that actually makes the job more attractive for a less qualified coach? That's .. interesting logic.

Jimbo is a future HOF coach?

Advertisement
Jimbo is a future HOF coach?

Absolutely. One of 5 active coaches with a National Championship, had an incredible run at FSU, overall record is 112-33; when all said and done I think he wins another title at TAMU as well. He's age 55, if he coaches another 10 years at TAMU he probably wins an average of 10 games a season; that would put him north of 200 wins which is extremely rare company.

Here are my thoughts on this:
1) Oregon is a much better program than Miami right now. However, Miami has a higher ceiling as program. We've won national titles, Oregon hasn't.
2) Oregon is over 3,000 miles away from Miami and his family. That's a big deal to a family man. No one likes getting on 8 hour flights.
3) The love for your alma mater can make sacrificing things (money, etc.) worth it. We used to be NFL U and those dudes are now out of the league and have money and platforms to voice their opinion. They will be heard.

Sorry @AllAboutTheU I had to steal one particular screenshot and repost and ask questions.

View attachment 155706

@Poopscoop @SWFLHurricane ??????
Who dat? View attachment 155707
If I had to guess I'd say it's someone made up. The part about the honoring the team was true. But if it's someone that played on that team than they'd know why Ericson wasn't asked to speak and that it was mutual. Too much of those comments is grounded in stuff that has zero to do with the situation assuming the scenario ever comes into play where Mario could come home. For instance the ad. Yes we know Blake James wouldn't want Mario because Mario thinks he's a joke just like all the rest of us do. That man and a large part of the administration don't care about our history because they are numbers people. Only way any of this comes into play is when the disgrace of what we have become starts to affect our numbers. Which is why I've told y'all he still has a chance and it's gonna take more for him to be fired. But the fact the board is turning on Blake who is one of the very few supporters Mandy has left says alot. Because if Blake is left in place than even getting rid of Mandy will give us no solution because he'll probably make a similar hire & we're back to square one.

Advertisement
Back