Tears Duck Tears

Advertisement
Advertisement

Y'all might want to do a Ducks Tears.​

HUH2.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where is all this Nike money? Have they signed any of Oregon’s kids to deals yet? If they have I haven’t heard about it. This whole NIL thing isn’t leveling the playing field for anybody. The top .25% of kids will make life changing money. Everybody else will get a little. It’s not stopping the bag schools from dominating And it’s certainly not bringing Oregon up to their level.

So looking at it fairly:

- Both play in a bad conference and divisions
- Miami has a location advantage, recruiting of course included
- Oregon isn’t a rebuild, Miami is
- Oregon has better facilities but Miami is good enough to not lose guys bc of it
- NIL opportunities are essentially even if Nike is signing players. If not Miami wins that

I’m struggling to see how Oregon is a slam dunk better job. It’s better right now bc of Mario. If he did the same at Miami it wouldn’t even be close. At their peaks Miami is three times the job Oregon will ever be or ever has been.

Advertisement
I don’t think people know how to differentiate teams and jobs. Having a better team does not make that school a better job. The best job has the most potential and good infrastructure.

There are 75 better teams than Miami right now, but there are not 75 better jobs.
Agree. Also, agree that if given the chance, and the money, Mario would come here. One of their insiders posted he’s turned down the job before, which is a lie. All depends on how he does this season. I have a hard time believing he’d turn down Miami if the money was right. His family also wants to be down here, it’s well known his wife was for moving back in 2018 if he got the job. However, all of this assumes a component Miami Athletic Department which is TBD.

Advertisement
Back