DT Willis back enrolled in classes at UM

View as article
A formal leave of absence essentially freezes your status at the U (not NCAA). Wiliis and his family have always been unequivaocable that he would be beck. **** we get some injuries, coach can play him.

Advertisement
Pete, I think you responded to someone's question earlier (on the Willis "re-enrolls" thread) about how a player not on the roster cannot participate in practice.

Another website is reporting that Willis is "back at practice".

Do you have any idea of whether this means that Willis will be able to participate and, at some point, possibly play this year?

Thanks!

He's back on the roster and practiced the last two days. Won't play this season though

They put him back on the roster yesterday

Advertisement
Pete might be a little confused on this Willis issue. Willis was always on the roster UM put out. He's on the roster, enrolled in school and practicing with the team. The only thing stopping Rick from using him this year is Rick drawing a line in the sand and not wanting to change his mind.

Advertisement
He's back on the roster and practiced the last two days. Won't play this season though

I see you answering questions in this thread, but not my question in the other thread. I see what's going on here.

Someone needs to explain to me why he's practicing on August 29th but won't play this season? Come on damnit. Use everyone we have. This is stupid

Advertisement
This is a guy that was making a huge impact in the FSU game last season and now we are saving him for next year? What the **** is going on.

I know there are some personal issues, and you want to respect his privacy, but can you tell us what's going on here? I know we are not desperate for DT's but if he can practice, why can't he play?

Advertisement
Pete might be a little confused on this Willis issue. Willis was always on the roster UM put out. He's on the roster, enrolled in school and practicing with the team. The only thing stopping Rick from using him this year is Rick drawing a line in the sand and not wanting to change his mind.

He's definitely "allowed" to play, but Richt said today that Willis won't play this season. And he was off the roster for a bit. He was not with the team over the summer and was in LA.

[TWEET]902568523146330112[/TWEET]

Last edited:

He's definitely "allowed" to play, but Richt said today that Willis won't play this season. And he was off the roster for a bit. He was not with the team over the summer and was in LA.

So do you think Willis will play next year or be more likely to bolt to the NFL?

So do you think Willis will play next year or be more likely to bolt to the NFL?

His plan right now is to play next season, but who knows when the season ends.

what franchise said. don't be stupid. if in his mind he's already gone, why would he be in school wasting his time taking classes? he could be working out 3-4 hours a day somewhere. and richt isn't letting him back to take up a scholarship and to practice when he's taking reps from some young guy behind him if he isn't coming back.

now, like Pete said, after the season, who knows, but, at the moment, I can't imagine both parties aren't 100% committed to him coming back and being a starting DT and then leaving as top 3-4 round draft choice.

Advertisement
Back