DT Terrell Brooks

I don't know if you guys remember that picture that got posted of all our verbal commits on that big recruiting weekend throwing up the U after they had lunch by the water.... Well there was one guy in the picture that was not one of our verbals throwing up the U.... It was Tyrell Brooks. I found it weird that no one had ever mentioned his name on any of the OV lists and not until recently have people ("recruiting experts") even acknowledged he was here. Only reason I bring it up is Keef wasn't in the pic, neither was collins or any of the other undecided guys.... Their might be more to this Tyrell story we don't know yet. His wife I think is coming to UM to run track.

280.jpg

There he is behind the little girl.....

Advertisement
I don't know if you guys remember that picture that got posted of all our verbal commits on that big recruiting weekend throwing up the U after they had lunch by the water.... Well there was one guy in the picture that was not one of our verbals throwing up the U.... It was Tyrell Brooks. I found it weird that no one had ever mentioned his name on any of the OV lists and not until recently have people ("recruiting experts") even acknowledged he was here. Only reason I bring it up is Keef wasn't in the pic, neither was collins or any of the other undecided guys.... Their might be more to this Tyrell story we don't know yet. His wife I think is coming to UM to run track.

can you post the picture por favor

Advertisement

can you post the picture por favor

Already did.... it's the first post on this page (page 2)

Lol maybe we want all of them? Two Jucos have nothing to do with freshmen who more then likely will not make an impact next year

I agree. If we are taking more kids than originally expected, it's still a great idea for the immediate success of the 2013 team to pick up a JUCO DT - just like we discussed on here between October and November when some top JUCO DTs were seemingly in play.

Read the CaneSport article.

Sounds like a 'Cane to me.

Also agree with the sentiment that if Old Man Snyder is jonesin' for Brooks, then we're in good company trying to snag the kid.

JUCO talent on the D Line, good measurables, I'm in.

Also, don't think Brooks has anything to do with Bryant/Bostwick. I think we might be taking a bigger class than we'd expected, and Golden has been on this Brooks kid for the last month. He is not the result of bad news on the Double B's front.

Advertisement
Snyder is the King of JUCO recruiting. If he offers, then you should feel good about this guy. Al must be unsure on *****/Bostwick.

I think we all can say goodbye to *****. As for Bostwick, I've been real uneasy about him the last month. Just don't get good vibes out of kids like him (a kid from gator country who is real quiet during recruiting).

A quiet kid in enemy territory is generally considered a good thing. If they're thinking about leaving they don't want the heat of the entire community coming down on them.

This is also true - good point. I guess what makes me uneasy is that he's a DT - a position of huge need - and our track record in securing LOI with these 4 star types of enemy territory kids is not great.

recently maybe port st lucie is gator country but it was always a UM area. It's a 1 hour and a half from Miami and 3 and a half from Gainesville so i wouldn't call that ''Gator Country'' Also don't forget Bostwick is from the ''Miami area''

Last edited:
Maybe I'm thinking way off line here but Golden reminds me a lot of Jim Harbaugh. He has tons of confidence but he also wants to gather as much as he can from other successful coaches around the country and apply what he can or thinks will work. He's a sponge.

Maybe he realized this year was going to be tough to out duel the SEC for JUCO DLinemen so he went to plan B. After getting beat by Snyder two years in a row with "inferior" talent and knowing his fondness for JUCOs he thought he could borrow a page out of his notebook?

Throwing **** against the wall maybe but something I was thinking about.

My two cents. He takes a photo with guys who are already committed on a largely unpublicized visit. The guys that are missing from that photo are the ones who are visiting so that the staff and committed guys can help recruit them. Golden & Co. do a very quick in-home with him, which he says "was just to go over everything we've already talked about".

Don't know about y'all, but that sounds like a silent commitment to me.

My two cents. He takes a photo with guys who are already committed on a largely unpublicized visit. The guys that are missing from that photo are the ones who are visiting so that the staff and committed guys can help recruit them. Golden & Co. do a very quick in-home with him, which he says "was just to go over everything we've already talked about".

Don't know about y'all, but that sounds like a silent commitment to me.

Expect a "Welcome to the U" soon. Got a feeling big old Brooks will be yanking that rip chord soon.

Advertisement
Al Golden is not gonna get left out. If your looking he's Looking. Just b/c he had an in home vsit with another defensive tackle dosen't mean were not getting Bryant or Bostwick.

Golden wouldn't have wasted an in home with him if he didn't want the kid. Guaranteed he has an offer.

If you believe some of the stuff going on this morning, we are not getting Bostwick or Bryant.

Advertisement
I would have never thought he was committed I wondered why 7 recruits were on the photo and the other 5 werent. I didnt know that was Brooks I actually thought that was a coach. Good catch canesg75 Brooks is probably a silent to us.

Advertisement
Back