DT Terrell Brooks

Advertisement
He has a full season's worth of stuff you can click on. You can also get his high school stuff if you scroll down.

287.jpg

i <3 DTs that look like they're 40 years old.

I can tell you from from my source on the staff, they really want this kid. Don't know and can't tell you if he was saying that as a result of anything with Bryant or Bostwick, but as per him, this is no plan B for them. They really like him and want him. Two reasons, one is they like what they were able to evaluate and the second is they really want someone who can plug into the rotation and be physically ready to contribute this year. He confirmed what I already believed, but DT's rarely contribute their first 2 years, they just are not physically mature enough to do it, it's year 3 where they show up. If you look at history, especially of our great run of DT, it wasn't until their junior year where they were monsters, Jerome, Tez, Russell, Sapp, just look at Suh from Nebraska, the list goes on. They don't want to count on Moore or Ivery or Briscoe this year that much, they like them, but physically they won't be ready. And this kid they like and will be physically be ready to be counted on.

yeah i mean i suppose it makes a lot of sense for Al to go over juco players. He knows we need to become more physical NOW on the defensive line, why recruit freshman dt's who he's not sold on when he can get respectable players who already have a year of better competition and strength training under their belt. I'm excited for NSD!

Advertisement
Snyder is the King of JUCO recruiting. If he offers, then you should feel good about this guy. Al must be unsure on *****/Bostwick.

I think we all can say goodbye to *****. As for Bostwick, I've been real uneasy about him the last month. Just don't get good vibes out of kids like him (a kid from gator country who is real quiet during recruiting).

A quiet kid in enemy territory is generally considered a good thing. If they're thinking about leaving they don't want the heat of the entire community coming down on them.

PSL isn't exactly "Gator Country". I would describe it more like the brackesh water of the states Big 3 fanbases where all are well represented.

This ^^ I live in PSL. It's far from Gator country, and they haven't pulled a recruit out of the treasure coast in at least ten years. FSU goes toe-to-toe with us in recruiting up here though. Lots of families have moved to PSL from Broward and Dade in the last ten years, and you see more U gear than anything else.

I can tell you from from my source on the staff, they really want this kid. Don't know and can't tell you if he was saying that as a result of anything with Bryant or Bostwick, but as per him, this is no plan B for them. They really like him and want him. Two reasons, one is they like what they were able to evaluate and the second is they really want someone who can plug into the rotation and be physically ready to contribute this year. He confirmed what I already believed, but DT's rarely contribute their first 2 years, they just are not physically mature enough to do it, it's year 3 where they show up. If you look at history, especially of our great run of DT, it wasn't until their junior year where they were monsters, Jerome, Tez, Russell, Sapp, just look at Suh from Nebraska, the list goes on. They don't want to count on Moore or Ivery or Briscoe this year that much, they like them, but physically they won't be ready. And this kid they like and will be physically be ready to be counted on.

Jalen Grimble

Jalen Grimble

Last year was Pierre's 3rd out of high school also. He came on at the end

Advertisement
they all look small in the picture, but ya, one smaller lol now i see why cb or slot...hmm work on that speed and burst bro

Jalen Grimble

Exactly, and yes I forgot to mention Grimble as well. And they want Bryant and Bostwick, but they also want this guy as well badly, they really like their chances next year and what they can do, but they feel and it's obvious their achilles heel in their 2 deep is at DT, they are more concerned with that than they are with their 2 deep at safety. After Porter and Pierre, they just don't have anybody that they feel is physically ready to really contribute, and they feel this guy can.

Jalen Grimble

Exactly, and yes I forgot to mention Grimble as well. And they want Bryant and Bostwick, but they also want this guy as well badly, they really like their chances next year and what they can do, but they feel and it's obvious their achilles heel in their 2 deep is at DT, they are more concerned with that than they are with their 2 deep at safety. After Porter and Pierre, they just don't have anybody that they feel is physically ready to really contribute, and they feel this guy can.

Do they see Ufomba as a DT? Any other info you can toss out would be appreciated.

Advertisement
It's worth mentioning again that the acceptance of Ufomba's commitment and the heavy courting of this cat leads one to assume the coaches might not feel very comfortable with Bostwick or Keef or both. Just sayin'.

Jalen Grimble

Exactly the way most smart fans feel. Takes time for these DTs to develop. That's why I laughed at the dudes shredding D'Onofrio so hard last year when we played most of the season without our best DT, and the only other good one on the roster ready to contribute was Pierre. I think Pierre and Porter will blow up this year, but we need a couple more guys that can give us productive reps and not just get ragdolled like those poor kids, who had no business playing last year (Moore, Ivery, King, etc.) did.

It's worth mentioning again that the acceptance of Ufomba's commitment and the heavy courting of this cat leads one to assume the coaches might not feel very comfortable with Bostwick or Keef or both. Just sayin'.

Nope

We were going after JUCO DTs since November

Advertisement

Nope

We were going after JUCO DTs since November

Kamalu is more Alabama type DE than DT as well. He is more Quinton Dial and Damion Square than a plugger in the middle.

Jalen Grimble

Do they see Ufomba as a DT? Any other info you can toss out would be appreciated.

Couldn't tell you much on him, and really on the recruiting side this member of the staff is not as heavily involved, but I can tell you on the team side this, he says Carter and d'Mauri Jones will be beasts, and very happy with the commitment they showed while classes were out with their workout program. The majority followed it and it showed in their benchmark tests and weight gains. McCord is up to 236 already and should be at 240+ by fall which he says is huge and vital, all our starting LB'ers will be 235+ in the fall, and that the most frustrating prospect is Gabe Terry, he is a physical freak, and practices and plays 100%, but his commitment off the field as far as dieting and working out goes is the problem, that once he follows that this kid can be a stud.

I know that isn't recruiting related and is for the football board, but you asked, so why not. But anytime I get any info will gladly share, and trust me out of respect to who I get this info from, don't bother asking to divulge, but rest assured it comes from someone within the staff.

Jalen Grimble

Couldn't tell you much on him, and really on the recruiting side this member of the staff is not as heavily involved, but I can tell you on the team side this, he says Carter and d'Mauri Jones will be beasts, and very happy with the commitment they showed while classes were out with their workout program. The majority followed it and it showed in their benchmark tests and weight gains. McCord is up to 236 already and should be at 240+ by fall which he says is huge and vital, all our starting LB'ers will be 235+ in the fall, and that the most frustrating prospect is Gabe Terry, he is a physical freak, and practices and plays 100%, but his commitment off the field as far as dieting and working out goes is the problem, that once he follows that this kid can be a stud.

I know that isn't recruiting related and is for the football board, but you asked, so why not. But anytime I get any info will gladly share, and trust me out of respect to who I get this info from, don't bother asking to divulge, but rest assured it comes from someone within the staff.[/QUOTE]

293.jpg

Advertisement
Back