DT/DE Dylan Thompson Ohio St. Grad Transfer

What has this kid done other than bench press to warrant taking one of our few remaining scholarships?

Give me the kid from Clemson and then wait until after Spring ball to see if anyone else comes on to the market.

Still think it is dumb that we didn't take Glen Logan last year.
Do you even know how good this guy is?? He had a left kneecap fracture that he suffered during spring training his freshman year that sidelined him for the first two years(second year he tried to come back too early and it hadn’t healed properly. Then his third year he had some academic issues and was suspended and last year he was healthy but only was allowed to play in two games and barely. The Roster is just too stacked and he just got lost in the shuffle. He’s completely healthy now. Go look up Dylan Thompson on Hudl and get an Idea of the type of player he is. He was a stud in high school and he still is just had bad luck.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He‘s a top heavy borderline fringe walk on at OSU that hasn’t played a fūcking down in four years. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong. Seriously, if that’s not right, please tell me.

So assuming that’s correct, we want this guy to take up a roster spot? Somebody that will probably tear a pec his second lift session or get worked by the scout team O-line? A guy whose latest film is five years ago from high school? That’s the guy we want taking up a roster spot?

Also, we do realize this isn’t a semi-pro tryout, correct? The guy has to pick a post graduate major, enroll in graduate school, and actually attend classes.
Tell you what, I’m headed to the gym to work out now, hopefully somebody can let me know if I’m wrong on my assumptions and in the meantime I’ll bet I can scare up a couple a guys that can bench around what he does and haven’t played football in four years either. I’ll nominate them.
You’re wrong he played in two games last year but obviously not enough playing time since he was lost in the shuffle since OSU is stacked at DLINE. He was a walk on cause he screwed up Academically the year prior and was kicked off scholarship. You guys swear you know everything he had a kneecap fracture that cost him his first two years. Third year he was suspended/ off the team which allowed him to rehab and not try to come back early like he did his second year and reinjure himself. Then last year he was finally healthy and rusty but now he is totally healthy.

Last edited:
Just a reminder Thompson was a walk-on at OSU this past year, that's how expendable Urban knew he was.

No thanks.

Give me Sterling Johnson from Clemson, unless a better option comes along
First off guy he was a walk-on last year because he messed up academically and his scholarship was taken from him but he righted the ship. This guy is way better than sterling Johnson.

Last edited:
He‘s a top heavy borderline fringe walk on at OSU that hasn’t played a fūcking down in four years. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong. Seriously, if that’s not right, please tell me.

So assuming that’s correct, we want this guy to take up a roster spot? Somebody that will probably tear a pec his second lift session or get worked by the scout team O-line? A guy whose latest film is five years ago from high school? That’s the guy we want taking up a roster spot?

Also, we do realize this isn’t a semi-pro tryout, correct? The guy has to pick a post graduate major, enroll in graduate school, and actually attend classes.
Tell you what, I’m headed to the gym to work out now, hopefully somebody can let me know if I’m wrong on my assumptions and in the meantime I’ll bet I can scare up a couple a guys that can bench around what he does and haven’t played football in four years either. I’ll nominate them.
One last thing this guy Thompson he’ll be playing DE so DT sterling Johnson can still come here

Advertisement
First off guy he was a walk-on last year because he messed up academically and his scholarship was taken from him but he righted the ship. This guy is way better than sterling Johnson.
Just a reminder Thompson was a walk-on at OSU this past year, that's how expendable Urban knew he was.

No thanks.

Give me Sterling Johnson from Clemson, unless a better option comes along
Thompson will be playing DE by the way and a Johnson is a DT

What has this kid done other than bench press to warrant taking one of our few remaining scholarships?

Give me the kid from Clemson and then wait until after Spring ball to see if anyone else comes on to the market.

Still think it is dumb that we didn't take Glen Logan last year.
It’s a one year rental for a DE. That is a need in our stable right now is it not? If he shines he was worth it if he doesn’t he’ll be off our books after the season and just in time for Surge19’s incoming D-Linemen

You’re wrong he played in two games last year but obviously not enough playing time since he was lost in the shuffle since OSU is stacked at DLINE. He was a walk on cause he screwed up Academically the year prior and was kicked off scholarship. You guys swear you know everything he had a kneecap fracture that cost him his first two years. Third year he was suspended/ off the team which allowed him to rehab and not try to come back early like he did his second year and reinsured himself. Then last year he was finally healthy and rusty but now he is totally healthy.

But he hasn’t made any plays in the last four years has he?

So nobody knows what he can do.

Let me put it this way. If we have one spot left, and we can’t get anybody else to fill that last spot, then they might consider him. But what makes you think that somebody that couldn’t find the field in FOUR YEARS will find it in ONE YEAR. You have to add to that the fact than when he’s not getting injured, he’s getting into trouble.

So, let’s review:

1. Not Productive
2. Injury prone
3. Troublemaker
4. Hasn’t made a good play in four years
5. Wasn’t even trusted to be a scholarship player on the regular roster last year

So sure, let’s save that 85th spot for a potential lockerroom cancer on the last day at one minute until midnight.

Advertisement

Let me put it this way. If we have one spot left, and we can’t get anybody else to fill that last spot, then they might consider him. But what makes you think that somebody that couldn’t find the field in FOUR YEARS will find it in ONE YEAR. You have to add to that the fact than when he’s not getting injured, he’s getting into trouble.

So, let’s review:

1. Not Productive
2. Injury prone
3. Troublemaker
5. Wasn’t even trusted to be a scholarship player on the regular roster last year

So sure, let’s save that 85th spot for a potential lockerroom cancer on the last day at one minute until midnight.
He had 3 tackles total 1 for loss I believe I remember correctly.Not a troublemaker just a kid that was frustrated and down cause of his injury that happened again, that he wasn’t focused on school and was missing classes and it got him in trouble. He showed his determination( moxie) by staying at OSU fixing his grades even though he was kicked off scholarship.

So, let’s review:

1. Not Productive
2. Injury prone
3. Troublemaker

We are in need of DE’s and I’m convinced this guy is ready to blow up!

I'll take Sterling Johnson and this guy and anyone else who wants to come in for a year at DT as long as they're not locker room cancers. What's the downside? Use all 85 scholarships.

I don’t understand how some people wouldnt want to bring in these grad transfers. Worst case they are practice bodies and are gone in a year not effecting 19’s class. Best case they get into the rotation and help us out depth wise.

Advertisement
I'll take Sterling Johnson and this guy and anyone else who wants to come in for a year at DT as long as they're not locker room cancers. What's the downside? Use all 85 scholarships.

The downside is you use an initial counter on him. If you don't use the initial counter, you can transfer it to the 2019 cycle.

That's why you don't just bring in every available grad transfer, you only want guys who fit a need and will play

The most overrated lift in life. When’s the last time you’ve been flat on your back and had to move a bunch of weight?

Granted it’s a great gym show and speak. Back in my steroids day it was great to talk about. But just because a kid benches 500 doesn’t mean anything...

This was the argument a number of people sopped up from the Andreu Swassey regime.

In a respect, yes, it is overrated in that armchair S&C guys beat their chest about how many reps they do. If a DL is pancacked and flat on his back, he's out of the play and we've got other major issues, but that's taking things too literally.

It is among one of the better lifts to isolate and build endurance in the muscle groups for a number of moves and techniques employed by DL.

But no, we shouldn't be offering kids because they score highly with the cross-fit crowd. He has to show promise as a DL. This guy really has not. Tito didn't win a lot of reps at Illinois as @HurricaneVision detailed, but there is at least some film of him winning a few.

Advertisement
not really interested in this kid even though our DE depth is scary thin.
If we don’t land this guy and he goes to a team that plays against us and he f@cking wrecks us, I don’t want no one to complain about ****. If it wasn’t that I love the Canes almost more than life itself I would wish he wrecked us just to prove my point if we don’t get him but I would never wish that, so I’ll just keep hoping we get him.

The downside is you use an initial counter on him. If you don't use the initial counter, you can transfer it to the 2019 cycle.

That's why you don't just bring in every available grad transfer, you only want guys who fit a need and will play

25 is plenty enough to bring in for 2019. use the counters, use the ships. get these guys in here. if we get some depth on the DL, we have a roster that is primed to win right now.

If we don’t land this guy and he goes to a team that plays against us and he f@cking wrecks us, I don’t want no one to complain about ****. If it wasn’t that I love the Canes almost more than life itself I would wish he wrecked us just to prove my point if we don’t get him but I would never wish that, so I’ll just keep hoping we get him.

You are a scary little boy.

I wouldn’t be losing any sleep over this...

Advertisement
Back