Draft Projections - NFL.com/Lance Zierlein

Character concerns will drop almost anyone. Where it drops you to is an unknown. Your performance on the field. Is a huge factor tough. Along with what the character issues were.

For all we know. Thomas may have been told to move along. That doesn't change the fact. That many of these guys are making bad choices.

I know what you're saying - I just have a different and unpopular outlook on it.

Shaq, Pinckney, KJ, Hill - these were all "ball out your Senior year & improve your draft stock" candidates this year, and I don't think any showed much improvement as a player or in their draft stock from where they were as a Junior. Same with Jaquan & Mike Jack last year.

I think in reality, all these "guys who made bad decisions by going early" wouldn't be drafted any differently by coming back for their Senior year.

Advertisement
We may not like the conclusions, but I thought his descriptions were absolutely spot on. I predict Deejay has the best pro career of this group.
I agree with this, and will add in that I think Pinckney will thrive somewhere in the league if he lands in the right spot. His speed and instincts are the type that translate to the league. The major obstacles for him are 1) how does he test, and 2) staying healthy.

On JT4 NFL commented on his attitude and off field coming and going LMAO time to PAY for his actions...WELL EARNED.

1582295508332.png

Advertisement
I think Shaq, Pinckney, KJ & Trevon Hill all get drafted, probably between 4th - 7th round.

I'm in the minority but I'm not sure Deejay gets drafted unless it's late in the 6th or 7th.

I'm doubtful Bandy gets drafted but hope he does & I'd be shocked if Garvin got drafted, he hurt himself not coming back for his Senior year.

JT4 should be a 3rd round pick, will probably be an UDFA or at best a 7th rounder, especially considering this is one of the deepest WR drafts in recent history. Most scouts & people covering the draft are saying there could be 40-45 WR's drafted this year. JT cost himself hundreds of thousands of dollars by not returning to school & putting up some good production in an uptempo Spread/Air Raid style offense that fits his skill set perfectly.

If you’ve got marginal on-field talent and character red flags and can enter a draft at a position widely regarded as the deepest in the history of the event, you just gotta do it.

What a ******* moron.

Draft weekend won’t be good for the Canes. Bad decisions to go pro, character concerns, measurable concerns on the clean prospects.

I do, however, expect guys to overperform and stick in the league. That’s been the trend for more than a decade. My guess is that 5 guys are on 53s by the end of the year.

The best prospect is Deejay. He’s starting to get buzz but is still underrated. His issue is the quality of the RB class.
This RB class is average at best. Dobbins/Taylor/Swift are all great prospects but none of them are generating top 15 hype like we've seen in the past with some generational talent RBs. After them it's a crap shoot. DeeJay has a lot you can't control effort, attitude, and versatility. His best path is to follow what Homer did and ball out special teams then get more opportunities as a RB. I'd like to see him in Tampa, Buffalo, or Atlanta.

I know what you're saying - I just have a different and unpopular outlook on it.

Shaq, Pinckney, KJ, Hill - these were all "ball out your Senior year & improve your draft stock" candidates this year, and I don't think any showed much improvement as a player or in their draft stock from where they were as a Junior. Same with Jaquan & Mike Jack last year.

I think in reality, all these "guys who made bad decisions by going early" wouldn't be drafted any differently by coming back for their Senior year.
The only one I'd disagree with that on is JT4. If he would have come back AND played a full season AND put up good numbers in Lashlee's system, he could have really boosted his stock. The problem is, I wouldn't have put his chances of making it through his senior year without issues any higher than 50%. Hopefully he lands on a roster and makes something of himself. What a **** waste of talent his tale will be if he doesn't.

This RB class is average at best. Dobbins/Taylor/Swift are all great prospects but none of them are generating top 15 hype like we've seen in the past with some generational talent RBs. After them it's a crap shoot. DeeJay has a lot you can't control effort, attitude, and versatility. His best path is to follow what Homer did and ball out special teams then get more opportunities as a RB. I'd like to see him in Tampa, Buffalo, or Atlanta.
Agree. Much deeper receiver class than the rb class imo

Advertisement
you would think of a player is thinking about going to the league they would attempt to have a monster year. Garvin wasn’t even trying this year. JT4 Seems to remind me a little of Antonio brown.

This RB class is average at best. Dobbins/Taylor/Swift are all great prospects but none of them are generating top 15 hype like we've seen in the past with some generational talent RBs.

Along with those three, you have Edwards-Helaire from LSU, Cam Akers and a somehow underrated freak in AJ Dillon. It’s a good class.

I agree with you on Dallas, though. I hope the Dolphins pick him.

Along with those three, you have Edwards-Helaire from LSU, Cam Akers and a somehow underrated freak in AJ Dillon. It’s a good class.

I agree with you on Dallas, though. I hope the Dolphins pick him.
AJ Dillon is in this year's class?!? I feel like he's been at BC for a decade. Agree with you, DMoney, that dude is a potential gem.

I think Hill will be a better pro than Garvin. Hill needs to put on weight to be an edge rusher especially to be able to hold up in the run game but he can be an effective situational rusher. Garvin is kind of eh to me.
I think garçon will be better cause he can play 3-4 or 4-3

Advertisement
Imagine Jeff thomas with a qb like kaaya or an offense that consistently feed him the ball, what a shame. This kid has top 50 ability but won’t be drafted until what day 3 if he’s even selected? Yeah he has his own issues for sure but we did him no favors with poor offensive scheming, not utilizing him enough and bad qb play.

I think DeeJay is underrated. I'd say him and Shaq are the best bets to actually see the field in the NFL.

But I think like Homer last year, and most of our recent draft picks, having guys ahead of them on the depth chart get injured is the most likely path to playing time in the NFL for any of these guys.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think DeeJay is underrated. I'd say him and Shaq are the best bets to actually see the field in the NFL.

But I think like Homer last year, and most of our recent draft picks, having guys ahead of them on the depth chart get injured is their most likely path to playing time in the NFL for any of these guys.
Curious to see what shaq tests like at the combine. That could really help him: he definitely gets drafted before Pinckney though

AJ Dillon is in this year's class?!? I feel like he's been at BC for a decade. Agree with you, DMoney, that dude is a potential gem.

Strong runner...but can't catch and can't block.

People high on him are going to say he can be Leonard Fournette. But people will also mention Andre Williams as a counterpoint to that.

Advertisement
Back