Draft Projections - NFL.com/Lance Zierlein

bshaw28

Junior
Not great, but hope these guys can put up some good numbers at the combine

https://247sports.com/college/miami...f-Thomas-DeeJay-Dallas-144058656/#144058656_1

1582247702940.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Hill will be a better pro than Garvin. Hill needs to put on weight to be an edge rusher especially to be able to hold up in the run game but he can be an effective situational rusher. Garvin is kind of eh to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Shaq, Pinckney, KJ & Trevon Hill all get drafted, probably between 4th - 7th round.

I'm in the minority but I'm not sure Deejay gets drafted unless it's late in the 6th or 7th.

I'm doubtful Bandy gets drafted but hope he does & I'd be shocked if Garvin got drafted, he hurt himself not coming back for his Senior year.

JT4 should be a 3rd round pick, will probably be an UDFA or at best a 7th rounder, especially considering this is one of the deepest WR drafts in recent history. Most scouts & people covering the draft are saying there could be 40-45 WR's drafted this year. JT cost himself hundreds of thousands of dollars by not returning to school & putting up some good production in an uptempo Spread/Air Raid style offense that fits his skill set perfectly.

This is why you need smart people in your circle. Extremely deep WR class mixed with little production, character concerns and you leave early? New offense that could pad your stats an opportunity to improve your character concerns.. it’s sad the decisions these kids make to make a quick buck.. I still think Garvin will stick in the league. I think he played all year not trying to get hurt. He still has good measurables. Muddy leaving early was a bad choice. I know the family health concerns but he could have improved his stock tremendously by staying

Even if they are drafted...I don't think many of them have long NFL careers.

I'd like to think Shaq and Pinckney can carve out a little NFL career for themselves but idk about the rest. Garvin and Hill...I guess we'll see whats really up once we see the athletic testing. Its too important an indicator for the EDGE spot. Recent trend shows Miami's line players being incredibly poor athletic testers which doesn't bode well for their prospects, but again, we'll see.

The rest are just back end of the roster types. Maybe they can hang around, but its not looking good. I guess I like KJ Osborn, but Tyree Jackson and Anthony Johnson from those Buffalo teams are not NFL players unfortunately and he wasn't on their level. How many teams gonna put up with Jeff Thomas' bullshyt? Bandy is a football player, but he's got so much going against him.

Luckily, the XFL is around. Thats a paycheck.

Advertisement
Wait so you're saying Osborn projects a fringe practice squad guy? If I had a buck for every time I got negged for saying something like that...I could probably buy this site.

I like him...probably more than you...but he's always been a late round pick / UDFA that floats around the practice squad. He's a hard worker and pretty versatile. Maybe someone likes him and he catches on the backend of a roster and contributes on specials.

He was our best WR this year, but he took a big step back in production.

I'd be very surprised if he was drafted. It's a DEEP WR class. He doesn't have separation or RAC skills. He's a very limited West Coast Z WR.

This is why you need smart people in your circle. Extremely deep WR class mixed with little production, character concerns and you leave early? New offense that could pad your stats an opportunity to improve your character concerns.. it’s sad the decisions these kids make to make a quick buck.. I still think Garvin will stick in the league. I think he played all year not trying to get hurt. He still has good measurables. Muddy leaving early was a bad choice. I know the family health concerns but he could have improved his stock tremendously by staying
This is why you need to be the smartest person in your circle.

If you feel you have the talent. To make it to the highest level. You should being doing the things off the field that will improve your decision making. For when you need to sit down and decide. What is the best step moving forward for you.

Yes it's great to have wise people in your circle, but you have to be smart as well. To know if your being led astray.

Advertisement
This is why you need to be the smartest person in your circle.

If you feel you have the talent. To make it to the highest level. You should being doing the things off the field that will improve your decision making. For when you need to sit down and decide. What is the best step moving forward for you.

Yes it's great to have wise people in your circle, but you have to be smart as well. To know if your being led astray.

Gerald Willis was 2nd team All American his Senior Year and still went undrafted because of character concerns. I don't know if JT coming back and having a big year would change anything at this point.

Between his concerns coming out of HS, getting kicked off the team s a Soph, getting suspended then disappearing as a Junior - I feel like JT spending his Senior year in the doghouse is just as likely a scenario as him having a big Senior year.

Gerald Willis was 2nd team All American his Senior Year and still went undrafted because of character concerns. I don't know if JT coming back and having a big year would change anything at this point.

Between his concerns coming out of HS, getting kicked off the team s a Soph, getting suspended then disappearing as a Junior - I feel like JT spending his Senior year in the doghouse is just as likely a scenario as him having a big Senior year.
Character concerns will drop almost anyone. Where it drops you to is an unknown. Your performance on the field. Is a huge factor tough. Along with what the character issues were.

For all we know. Thomas may have been told to move along. That doesn't change the fact. That many of these guys are making bad choices.

Advertisement
I'd like to see my Raiders draft JT. He's going to open some eyes at the combine.

Thomas' character issues would be easier to overlook if he had a stellar season to weigh them against.

Bandy and Garvin both had worse 2019's than 2018's They really should have used that extra year to get stronger and perfect their skills.

Somebody's getting a bargain with Deejay.

Draft weekend won’t be good for the Canes. Bad decisions to go pro, character concerns, measurable concerns on the clean prospects.

I do, however, expect guys to overperform and stick in the league. That’s been the trend for more than a decade. My guess is that 5 guys are on 53s by the end of the year.

The best prospect is Deejay. He’s starting to get buzz but is still underrated. His issue is the quality of the RB class.

Advertisement
Back