Draft Projections - NFL.com/Lance Zierlein

Advertisement
Still shocked to this day that Gerald Willis wasn't drafted.
People talk about Thomas’s issues but in reality they are nothing like what willis’s was. Plus willis didn’t help his case by sitting Out the bowl game, senior bowl, combine and not doing scheduled workouts with teams. That’s not even getting to why he didn’t play a whole year in 2017 or the suspensions from earlier in his career and beating up a former coaches son or 2.

thomas needs to do well interviews, practice workouts and the combine and then he should be fine in terms of getting drafted

Imagine Jeff thomas with a qb like kaaya or an offense that consistently feed him the ball, what a shame. This kid has top 50 ability but won’t be drafted until what day 3 if he’s even selected? Yeah he has his own issues for sure but we did him no favors with poor offensive scheming, not utilizing him enough and bad qb play.

Dude, that play vs UVA absolutely ****es me off!! Made me lose my mind that night and still angers me today. That clip is a microcosm of JT4. So is the fact we still show LSU clips as his best highlights.

Dude, that play vs UVA absolutely ****es me off!! Did back then and still does today. That sh-t is a microcosm of JT4. So is the fact we still show LSU clips as his highlights.
That’s on the qb too though, should have led it further to the right,

That’s on the qb too though, should have led it further to the right,
Oh, 100%! Like I said, it's a perfect microcosm for JT4. He was quick, ran a great route, roasted his receiver, and had an easy TD, but was let down by a QB who sucked and couldn't make the throw. That's JT4's career at Miami. But it also reflects a kid who realized the ball was thrown poorly, and instead of making ANY effort whatsoever to try and break up the INT, just gives up and continues floating on his route, in essence allowing the defender to have the pick, and then was so mentally checked out by that point in the play that when the UVA defender whiffed, the ball hit JT4 right in his chest and he wasn't ready for it because he had already quit. That also is JT4's career at Miami.

Advertisement
Oh, 100%! Like I said, it's a perfect microcosm for JT4. He was quick, ran a great route, roasted his receiver, and had an easy TD, but was let down by a QB who sucked and couldn't make the throw. That's JT4's career at Miami. But it also reflects a kid who realized the ball was thrown poorly, and instead of making ANY effort to try and break up the INT, just gives up, continues floating on his route, in essence allowing the defender to have the pick, and then was so mentally checked out by that point in the play that when the UVA defender whiffed, the ball hit JT4 right in his chest and he wasn't ready for it because he had already quit. That also is JT4's career at Miami.
What a shame, really praying that kid makes it. There’s NOTHING in East St. Louis and I don't Want him back in that environment

Strong runner...but can't catch and can't block.

People high on him are going to say he can be Leonard Fournette. But people will also mention Andre Williams as a counterpoint to that.

Dillon is a truck but isn't great at changing directions isn't real creative.

If he tests of the charts like he did in HS, I can see people making "a poor mans Derrick Henry" comparisons given Henry's recent success.

I think Shaq, Pinckney, KJ & Trevon Hill all get drafted, probably between 4th - 7th round.

I'm in the minority but I'm not sure Deejay gets drafted unless it's late in the 6th or 7th.

I'm doubtful Bandy gets drafted but hope he does & I'd be shocked if Garvin got drafted, he hurt himself not coming back for his Senior year.

JT4 should be a 3rd round pick, will probably be an UDFA or at best a 7th rounder, especially considering this is one of the deepest WR drafts in recent history. Most scouts & people covering the draft are saying there could be 40-45 WR's drafted this year. JT cost himself hundreds of thousands of dollars by not returning to school & putting up some good production in an uptempo Spread/Air Raid style offense that fits his skill set perfectly.

I have been saying it all year, DJ will have a hard time seeing reps at RB in the NFL. He obviously could be a good ST guy, but I can't see him getting important rotational work at RB. I don't know him personally, but maybe his perceived good work ethic and excellent team attitude will allow him to stick around.

What a shame, really praying that kid makes it. There’s NOTHING in East St. Louis and I domt Want him back in that environment
Well said, brock. It's an absolute shame. I've been tough on Jeff, and rightfully so IMO, but I want nothing more for him than to see him make a team. Any team, any spot, I just want to see him make enough money in football to live off. Because I agree with you, his odds of success in life aren't great if he goes back there.

Advertisement
I have been saying it all year, DJ will have a hard time seeing reps at RB in the NFL. He obviously could be a good ST guy, but I can't see him getting important rotational work at RB. I don't know him personally, but maybe his perceived good work ethic and excellent team attitude will allow him to stick around.
I absolutely think that last sentence may prove to be the case. Someone above compared him to Travis Homer. I think that's a real good comparison, insofar as every time I watch a Seahawks game I see Homer out there making plays. Special teams, blocking, running, whatever. He's earned a roster spot, and has also earned increased usage. I could see that same path for Deejay.

I think it's odd how the writer of the article talks about Jeff Thomas' abilities as a returner... has he ever seen him return a kick?

Where y’all see deejay getting drafted? We just saw Travis homer get drafted 6th round despite his film and elite athletic testing at the combine. Nfl draft can be tricky so I’m Not really sure. Coming out of college deejay definitely is a bigger back than Travis I’m not sure if he’s as athletic as homer. I personally hope the bucs take him on early to mid day 3

Last edited:
Advertisement
Shaq is going to be a gem for some team. Should kill it with the interviews too

Absolute alpha and leader. If Shaq was a tick faster he would be elite. Maybe he can improve on his movement, speed, and agility in the league.

Where y’all see deejay getting drafted? We just saw Travis homer get drafted 6th round despite his film and elite athletic testing at the combine. Nfl draft can be tricky so I’m Not really sure. Coming out of college deejay definitely is a bigger back than Travis I’m not sure if he’s as athletic as homer. I personally hope the bucs take him on day early to mid day 3

I think he could go anywhere between 6th and undrafted. He’s not as fast as homer but he has more wiggle, little better vision, and he’s just more slippery. I think he needs to lose a little weight. Get back down to around 210 and get some speed back. He can be a nice 3rd down back/ slot weapon for a team.

Advertisement
Where y’all see deejay getting drafted? We just saw Travis homer get drafted 6th round despite his film and elite athletic testing at the combine. Nfl draft can be tricky so I’m Not really sure. Coming out of college deejay definitely is a bigger back than Travis I’m not sure if he’s as athletic as homer. I personally hope the bucs take him on day early to mid day 3

3rd-4th round. He will go higher than Homer.

Such a shame seeing Garvin and Bandy making the short sighted decision to gain a quick buck. Anyway, hope they get picked and make a team but their junior year tape was bad.

A BUCK is about all they'll make.I don't know who is giving these kids advice but it's horrible to say the least.

Clemsom and BAMA got 1st and 2nd rounders staying in school and we have kid after kid bolting for the NFL without their degrees no less to only become UDFA.

Advertisement
Back