Draft projection for our d-lineman

Martycane

Sophomore
My guess:
McIntosh - 2d round
Harris - 4th
Thomas - 4th
Norton - 5th

D. Jackson: I fully expect him to return.

Advertisement
It's a pretty loaded DL class in 2018 just in the ACC alone.

Chubb, the entire Clemson DL, Nnadi, Landry, Thomas, Norton....

Havent seen mcintosh projected in the 2nd round. One site has norton projected 3rd-5th round.

My guess:
McIntosh - 2d round
Harris - 4th
Thomas - 4th
Norton - 5th

I would put Harris lower and Norton higher. McIntosh and Norton look like Day 2 guys to me.

Chad's stock will depend on postseason. He could be a riser. Trent Harris is better college player than pro prospect IMO.

The biggest recruiting job of the Mark Richt era is to convince McIntosh and Norton to come back for 2018. We would be completely loaded

Advertisement
The biggest recruiting job of the Mark Richt era is to convince McIntosh and Norton to come back for 2018. We would be completely loaded

That would be nice:

Norton
McIntosh
Jackson
Willis
DJack
Bethel
Garvin
Ford
Johnson
Silvera
Rousseau
Patchan
Fines
Martin

As good as Norton and RJ have been they aren't even close to being dominant. If they came back next year they'd both be playing to be picked late first through second round. Big mistake if they leave.

My guess:
McIntosh - 2d round
Harris - 4th
Thomas - 4th
Norton - 5th

I would put Harris lower and Norton higher. McIntosh and Norton look like Day 2 guys to me.

Chad's stock will depend on postseason. He could be a riser. Trent Harris is better college player than pro prospect IMO.

You think mcintosh and norton are ready to leave? I think they could use another year under kool.

Advertisement

I think we'll be pretty loaded if even one of them stays.

Agreed, but next year we have a legit chance at a natty if both come back. We would roll out a two deep of Norton, McIntosh, Willis, Bethel with Ford and Nasty Nesta off the bench. DJax, JJ, DJ and Garvin on the ends. All 3 linebackers. Entire back end (minus Delaney) with the elite secondary class we are pulling. That's a final four defense.

I don't know when McIntosh will leave or what round, but he will have a long and monster career in the NFL.

I think we'll be pretty loaded if even one of them stays.

Agreed, but next year we have a legit chance at a natty if both come back. We would roll out a two deep of Norton, McIntosh, Willis, Bethel with Ford and Nasty Nesta off the bench. DJax, JJ, DJ and Garvin on the ends. All 3 linebackers. Entire back end (minus Delaney) with the elite secondary class we are pulling. That's a final four defense.
[MENTION=2343]Cribby[/MENTION] gonna need some new pants over here

Advertisement
Neither Norton nor Mcintosh should go as they both have a lot of room to develop. Norton especially, he doesn't have the dominant production yet to overcompensate for his body type.

Advertisement
I think they will be leaving money on the table if either goes pro after grading out below the first two rounds. They'll move up if they come back for their senior year. They'll have one more year of S&C and development under Kul , and our secondary should be vastly improved enabling them to get more coverage sacks.

Norton is going to get better as the year goes on and I’m standing by my pick that he’s going to sneak into the late first round because how athletic he is as a 1-Tech DT

Chad is probably a late 2nd-3rd round pick and I expect him to stay around there because he’s not an elite pass rusher nor run stopper but he does both really well. He’ll eventually be a starter in the NFL.

Tool box Harris is probably a 4th-5th rounder...and will probably be a patriot because they love guys like him. He has a lot of Rob Ninkovich in his game.

McIntosh is probably a 4th round because of how deep the DT class is for 3-Tech DT and should come back. He comes back and he’s walks into being a top 20 pick in next year’s draft in his sleep.

Chad was unstoppable against Duke and FSU. Well, unstoppable in the sense that he was held on every play.

I honestly don’t think norton has had the season to leave early tbh. Mcintosh too but to a lesser extent. If it’s a day 2 pick they should go both go period

Advertisement
Back