Draft projection for our d-lineman

Advertisement
Norton is our best eligible pro prospect on the team. Does that mean he ends up getting drafted that way? Not necessarily, but in terms of pure physical tools at a premium position without a length injury history, he is.

It's a mistake for McIntosh to leave in my view. He's a third day guy right now with the chance of getting to second day if he adds weight and strength.

Walton probably goes in the 4th round range, though testing could get him up into the third. It's a loaded RB class.

Trent Harris might get drafted 7th round area. I love him as a player, but he's a backup pro most likely.

Demetrius Jackson is a run stuffing end and most likely gets into a camp.

Thomas gets drafted on the third day, and I'm not nearly as high on him for the NFL as I am the younger players on our line. I also think his love of music will hurt him in the eyes of the NFL.

We are probably two years away from Richt recruiting classes from really being a Miami team depth wise and the only player I would tell to leave early would be Walton.

That's purely from a maximizing resources standpoint. I don't begrudge anyone who wants to get into the league and start working towards that second contract. The reality is that most never get to it and that money from the first contract needs to be fully maximized while you can- even if it takes an extra year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

I think RJ had 2 sacks all of last year from the DT position and has already matched that total through 5 games. Clemson has 1 DT with more sacks(3) but they've played 7 games. Pass rushing DT's are sort of rare. If RJ stays on this arc he could be a second rounder this year depending on how he does at the combine.

Kendrick is a straight brick and mortar DT, strong at the point of attack, stout against the run, requires double teaming but no other particularly outstanding skills. I see him as a fourth rounder right now based on what is out there. Combine could help him too.

Advertisement
Back